It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Polio vaccine rollout children in London 'a wake-up call' as more virus traces found

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage
a reply to: putnam6

It's to try and get as much coverage as possible.
Don't get me started on differences betwwen the UK and America when it comes to health care...

Also to note.
I know it's wiki but the facts are correct.

The first successful demonstration of a polio vaccine was by Hilary Koprowski in 1950, with a live attenuated virus which people drank.[9] The vaccine was not approved for use in the United States, but was used successfully elsewhere.[9] The success of an inactivated (killed) polio vaccine, developed by Jonas Salk, was announced in 1955.[2][10] Another attenuated live oral polio vaccine was developed by Albert Sabin and came into commercial use in 1961

ETA.
London is a big melting pot of people from all corners of the globe, always has been with a lot of recent arrivals from places like Eastern Europe and parts of Africa and the Middle East. (being polite here) Some of the people could be unvaccinated.

WADR the US gets immigrants from everywhere too. I suppose the concentration could be an issue. then there is this.

so both countries have the same situation, it will be interesting how they respond. My question is I'm pretty sure here in the US, any kid can't go to school public or private until they have up-to-date vaccines including polio, doesn't the UK have similar requirements?

www.theguardian.com...

The virus that causes polio has been detected in New York City’s wastewater weeks after a case of polio was identified in Rockland county, about 30 miles north of the city, health officials announced on Friday.

The presence of the poliovirus in the city’s wastewater suggests likely local circulation of the virus, the city and New York state health departments said.

A healthcare professional prepares to administer an injection of inactivated poliovirus vaccine (IPV) to a child in Hyderabad, India, June 2016
Polio: why is there a drive to vaccinate children in London?
Read more
The state health commissioner, Mary Bassett, said the detection of poliovirus in wastewater samples in New York City was alarming but not surprising.

Earlier this month it emerged that the polio virus was present in wastewater in a suburb north of New York City, a month before health officials there announced a confirmed case of the disease in July, state health officials said on Monday.

Health officials urged the public to be sure they and their children have been or get vaccinated.

edit on 12-8-2022 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: v1rtu0s0

What is suspicious about the polio vaccine?

It's been around for years.

Polio is making a comeback in London because folk traveling from countries where it is still rife.

We'd rather our children are protected against this horrible disease which is way worse than COVID.

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 11:15 AM
link   

You really do enjoy panicing about vaccines and trying to twist this stuff don't you?

Polio can cause permanent paralysis, and possible death in extreme cases and also cause problems later in life, like a slow development of muscle weakness similar to that which the person had during the original infection.

Once infected, there is no treatment for polio and is spead up to six weeks with no symptoms through poor hygiene, by ingestion of contaminated food or water or orally.

So because Polio is scary, that means what? That the vaccine stopped the virus?

In any case, even though i wouldn't have questioned other vaccines, this covid mRNA garbage has opened my eyes to the scam.

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

It's been around for years.

Polio is making a comeback in London because folk traveling from countries where it is still rife.

We'd rather our children are protected against this horrible disease which is way worse than COVID.

I'm not arguing that I'm specifically asking why the UK Health Ministry is saying even children fully vaccinated need a polio booster, especially if they are up to date.

whereas here in the US there is no such call for all children up to 10 years old previously vaccinated, to get a "booster" dose. LOL It could change

Earlier this month it emerged that the polio virus was present in wastewater in a suburb north of New York City, a month before health officials there announced a confirmed case of the disease in July, state health officials said on Monday.

Health officials urged the public to be sure they and their children have been or get vaccinated.

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 11:27 AM
link   

OK, but I wasn't replying to you?

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 11:28 AM
link   

It has stopped polio here for decades.

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 11:28 AM
link   

See my previous post. There's always profit. If there's money to be made off of it, it'll be pushed.

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 11:31 AM
link   

In any case, even though i wouldn't have questioned other vaccines, this covid mRNA garbage has opened my eyes to the scam.

Just to be clear, you are against all vaccines now? You intend to spread misinformation on the polio vaccine now?

Man, what a world.

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 11:34 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Axios

Why not?

Old habits are hard to break....

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Axios

No, we're not against all vaccines. We are, however, staunchly opposed to the corptocratic system that is imposing and mandating medical treatments with often experimental and untested concoctions and refusing to to provide even informed consent.

This does NOT generate any sense of trust or respect. These are practices that were outlawed after the second world war because German "medical professionals" performed such experiments on their victims and even told people that fatal treatments were "for their own good."

If you want to put anything in my body, you must first earn my trust and keep it. If you betray that trust, anything you say or do is suspect. I may trust the medicine, but if I distrust those who manufacture, mandate or dispense it, it's a no-go.

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv
a reply to: Kurokage

Yes, COVID happened! Be afraid. Be very afraid!

China locked down cities of millions because of a handful of "COVID cases." Sure, that was for the sake of "public health."

Be afraid. Be very afraid. Believe everything you are told. Do not question. Be afraid.
:

Why are you afraid? Why do you think they telling you to be afraid?
As I stated, China locked down the whole country and yes, started a world wide mild panic but the first few mutations of any virus can be extremely deadly, usually most viruses mutate and get "weaker" so they can spread themselves easier and not kill the host before it has a chance of transmission. A simplified version but pretty close to what happens.
edit on 12-8-2022 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Again, it's not the vaccines that I'm suspicious of. It's the organisms that are supplying and mandating them.

I like hamburgers, but I wouldn't take one from Joe Metheny.
:
edit on 2022 8 12 by incoserv because: added link for clarification.

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

Yuk! Cheers for the nightmares....

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv
a reply to: Kurokage

Yes, COVID happened! Be afraid. Be very afraid!

China locked down cities of millions because of a handful of "COVID cases." Sure, that was for the sake of "public health."

Be afraid. Be very afraid. Believe everything you are told. Do not question. Be afraid.
:

Why are you afraid? Why do you think they telling you to be afraid?
As I stated, China locked down the whole country and yes, started a world wide mild panic but the first few mutations of any virus can be extremely deadly, usually most viruses mutate and get "weaker" so they can spread themselves easier and not kill the host before it has a chance of transmission. A simplified version but pretty close to what happens.

I'm not afraid. I never put on the muzzle. I do not allow unknown chemical concoctions to be injected into my body. I do not social distance. I have never been sick enough to warrant doing so.

But I see many people living in a state of irrational, abject fear. This is what those who consider themselves to be in control want because frightened people are easy to control.

And, no, China did not shut down cities of millions of people over a handful of "COVID cases" for the well -being of the populace. Just like in the western world, the draconian mass house arrest measures cost more in terms of physical and mental health and economic damage that they ever could have averted, even if the threat were real.
edit on 2022 8 12 by incoserv because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Yuk! Cheers for the nightmares....

You're welcome. It's the same thing that big pharma and governments are trying to do to us now. I guess you should get used to it.

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 01:59 PM
link   

I never put on the muzzle. I do not allow unknown chemical concoctions to be injected into my body. I do not social distance.

Whilst covid can be more of a killer to people who are immunocompromised or elderly, it's this kind of attitude that has helped the resurgence of things like polio.
Did you get the TB jab? You don't have to worry about "the big reset", from the look it we're heading back to the middle-ages and blood letting with the ignorance about health care.

And, no, China did not shut down cities of millions of people over a handful of "COVID cases" for the well -being of the populace. Just like in the western world, the draconian mass house arrest measures cost more in terms of physical and mental health and economic damage that they ever could have averted, even if the threat were real.

China did shut down massive parts of it's cities over covid cases to stop the spread but I didn't say they did it for the well-being of the population.
Stop trying to put words in my mouth.

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 02:24 PM
link   

I never put on the muzzle. I do not allow unknown chemical concoctions to be injected into my body. I do not social distance.

Whilst covid can be more of a killer to people who are immunocompromised, it's this kind of attitude that has helped the resurgence of things like polio.
Did you get the TB jab? You don't have to worry about "the reset", from the look it we're heading back to the middle-ages and blood letting with the ignorance about health care.

China did shut down massive parts of it's cities over covid cases to stop the spread but I didn't say they did it for the well-being of the population.
Stop trying to put words in my mouth.

Keep drinking the koolaid and enjoy that mass formation buzz.

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Keep on failing to respond to posters who bother to respond with, like, actual responses to your claims?

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Really, you're one of the sheeple following joe bloggs' FB post or Youtube video telling you the what to do, and believe any old website telling you any old #e.
You can't even read a spreadsheet with real data on it?

And you've had to much of the coolaid.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join