It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rostovskaya Embankment - Moscow - photos

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2022 @ 04:17 PM
link   
In this topic, I offer you some of my photographs of Rostovskaya Embankment (Ростовская набережная.)

Rostov is one of the oldest cities in Russia (the official chronology dates back to 862.)

June 13, 2012 - 13:19

This is the Moskva River.
This is a ship Moskva-61. It is a Р-51Э project. It was built in 1977.
On the ship it is written: "The Capital Shipping Company (Столичная Судоходная Компания) - river walks, banquets, excursions", "Cornetto - The hot heart ice cream"
This is a house #8 on Berezhkovskaya (Бережковская) Embankment on the left. It was built in 1966.
This is a house #4 on Berezhkovskaya Embankment in the center. It was built in 1962.
This is a house #2 on Europe Square (площадь Европы) on the right. It is a Hotel and Business Center Radisson Slavyanskaya (Славянская) - www.radissonhotels.com...
It was built in 1990.

On the other side of the river is a house #16 on Berezhkovskaya Embankment on the left. It is the ТЭЦ-12 combined heat and power plant (two tubes also belong to it). It was built in 1941.
Between the plant and a tower is a house #14 on Berezhkovskaya Embankment. It was built in 1940.
Both towers belong to a house #12 on Berezhkovskaya Embankment. It was built in 1943.
The house #8 on Berezhkovskaya Embankment on the right.

This is Savvinskaya (Саввинская) Embankment on the left.

This is a house #3 on Savvinskaya Embankment on the left. It was built in 1946.

This is 1st Vrazhskiy (1-ый Вражский переулок) Lane in the center.

This is Rostovskaya Embankment.
The billboard shows an advertisement for the Spanish film Three Steps Above Heaven (2010).

This is a Bogdan Khmelnitsky (мост Богдана Хмельницкого) Bridge. This is a footbridge. It was built in 2001.
Bohdan Khmelnitsky (1595-1657) was the Ukrainian military commander who suggested to the Russian Tsar that Ukraine come under his rule and conclude an appropriate agreement.

posted on Aug, 9 2022 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Rostovskaya Embankment (II)

Rostovskaya Embankment and the Bogdan Khmelnitsky Bridge.
A nearby billboard advertises a certain English Quarter.

The house #2 on Europe Square on the left.
The next building on the right is a house #1 on Kievsky Railway Station (площадь Киевского Вокзала) Square. It is the Kievsky Railway Station - kievsky.dzvr.ru...
From this station there were trains to Kyiv. It was built in 1920.

This is a house #11 on 7th Rostovskiy (7-ой Ростовский) Lane in the center. It was built in 2001.

Nearby billboard says "I want a diamond ring."

The building is to the right of the white tower of the Kyiv railway station is a house #2 on Kievsky Railway Station Square. It is a shopping and entertainment center European (Европейский) - europe-tc.ru...
It was built in 2007.

This is a house #15 on 7th Rostovskiy Lane on the right. It was built in 2005.

posted on Aug, 9 2022 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Interesting. I will check back for more after work. I love the covered bridge and the idea of walking across the river in any weather.

Some of my family are working with new Ukrainian immigrants. Now that they are speaking a little English, one of them said they speak a Russian dialect in Ukraine. This surprised me as Canada, where I live, and the west seem in full support of Ukraine itself and an endless media assault on all things Russian. I had thought the immigrants would be ethnically Ukrainian that canada was saving. Of course, it doesn't matter what language or dialect they spoke if they were living in the line of fire but there is nothing in the news here about these people being of Russian descent and thus the region having been a part of Russia. They are free to go holiday at home which seems an odd choice during a war nor do they seem too traumatized. All very strange but they are happy here and enjoying learning new trades and language.

posted on Aug, 9 2022 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: igloo
Interesting. I will check back for more after work. I love the covered bridge and the idea of walking across the river in any weather.

Some of my family are working with new Ukrainian immigrants. Now that they are speaking a little English, one of them said they speak a Russian dialect in Ukraine. This surprised me as Canada, where I live, and the west seem in full support of Ukraine itself and an endless media assault on all things Russian. I had thought the immigrants would be ethnically Ukrainian that canada was saving. Of course, it doesn't matter what language or dialect they spoke if they were living in the line of fire but there is nothing in the news here about these people being of Russian descent and thus the region having been a part of Russia. They are free to go holiday at home which seems an odd choice during a war nor do they seem too traumatized. All very strange but they are happy here and enjoying learning new trades and language.

I like this bridge too.

There is little I can tell you about this. I have spent almost all my life within the limits of the Moscow region, and therefore my knowledge of the Ukrainian language and dialects of the Russian language is negligible.

As far as I know, different parts of Ukraine had very different historical fates.

In eastern Ukraine, a couple of centuries ago, almost no one lived because the Crimean Tatars were extremely dangerous neighbors. And it is no coincidence that after Catherine II "calmed down" the Crimean Tatars, new cities began to be founded in large numbers in Ukraine - www.abovetopsecret.com...
And in these cities mainly Russian people settled.

posted on Aug, 9 2022 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Rostovskaya Embankment (III)

The Bogdan Khmelnitsky Bridge.

This is a house #17 on 7th Rostovskiy Lane on the left. This is the house of the Decembrist Bestuzhev. This is the object of cultural heritage of federal significance. Decembrists are participants in the uprising of 1825. They wanted to interfere in the process of transferring power to the new Tsar Nicholas I.
It was built after 1820.

The houses #1 and #2 on Kievsky Railway Station Square on the left.
A building with the long spire on the right was called Hotel Ukraina in Soviet times.

The house #11 on 7th Rostovskiy Lane in the center.
The billboard says "I want new shoes."

The house #15 on 7th Rostovskiy Lane on the right.

The nearest billboard advertises holidays in Turkey.

posted on Aug, 10 2022 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Rostovskaya Embankment (IV)

This is a house #21 on 7th Rostovskiy Lane on the right. This is a Khamovnichesky District Court. It was built in 1915.

This is a house #12 on 7th Rostovskiy Lane on the left. This is the Turkish embassy. It was built in 1914.
The house #15 on 7th Rostovskiy Lane in the center
and the house #11 on 7th Rostovskiy Lane on the right.
The nearest billboard says: "I want free parking."

The house #1 on Kievsky Railway Station Square in the center
and the house #2 on Kievsky Railway Station Square on the right.

This is a house #23 on 7th Rostovskiy Lane. It was built in 2003.

Rostovskaya Embankment.
The nearest billboard advertises the Crossroads (Перекрёсток) chain of stores.

posted on Aug, 10 2022 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Rostovskaya Embankment (V)

This is a house #5 on Rostovskaya Embankment. It's called the House of Architects. Because it was built for the residence of members of the Union of Architects of the USSR. It was built in 1939.

The house #23 on 7th Rostovskiy Lane in the center.
The nearest billboard says: "I want a new suit."

This is a house #3 on Rostovskaya Embankment on the right. It was built in 1962.

This is a house #4 on Bolshaya Dorogomilovskaya (Большая Дорогомиловская улица; "большая=big") Street on the right. It was built in 1955.

The house #2 on Europe Square on the left
and the house #1 on Kievsky Railway Station Square in the center.

Rostovskaya Embankment on the left
and the Bogdan Khmelnitsky Bridge on the right.

On the billboard on the house it is written: "Apartments, penthouses - Smolensky Just Deluxe - a club house 2 kilometers from the Kremlin"

posted on Aug, 10 2022 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Rostovskaya Embankment (VI)

This is the Borodinskiy (Бородинский) Bridge. This bridge has repeatedly changed its name and design. The first bridge has existed here since 1787. Later it was rebuilt in 1867-1868, 1911-1912, 1952-1953. We see the bridge, which turned out as a result of rebuilt in 1999-2001.
Borodino is the name of a village in the Moscow region (located more than 100 kilometers from the center of Moscow) near which the largest battle of the Patriotic War of 1812 took place between the Russian army under the command of Prince Mikhail Kutuzov and the French army under the command of Emperor Napoleon I Bonaparte.

The house #3 on Rostovskaya Embankment on the left
and the house #5 on Rostovskaya Embankment on the right (this part was added to the semicircular House of Architects in the 1960s, there is a similar extension on the other side of the house).

Trees on the other side of the river is a Kyivskiy (Киевский) Square.

On the billboard on the left it says: "Happiness is above the clouds." This is the advertisement for a residential complex Dolina Setun.
On the billboard on the right it says: "The future has a home." This is the advertisement for the Skolkovo (Сколково) Innovation Center.

The billboard advertises Volkswagen Polo car.

This is a house #1 on Rostovskaya Embankment in the center. (There is an advertising screen on it, which is currently advertising the Samsung branded store.) It was built in 1972.
The left side of the triangular billboard advertises the open-air exhibition "The World Through the Eyes of Russians" from 25 April to 25 June.

Rostovskaya Embankment on the left.

posted on Aug, 10 2022 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Rostovskaya Embankment (VII)

The Borodinskiy Bridge.

The house #3 on Rostovskaya Embankment on the left
and the house #5 on Rostovskaya Embankment in the center.
The two billboards above are hard to see. As far as I understand, the left billboard advertises a store "Ostatki sladki" located 500 meters from here and the billboard on the right advertises a French theater.

The house #1 on Rostovskaya Embankment on the left.

Rostovskaya embankment ends under the bridge and Smolenskaya (Смоленская; the name comes from the Russian city of Smolensk) Embankment begins there.
Three billboards advertise: a South Korean company car Kia Optima, Czech beer Velkopopovitsky Kozel and the sale of apartments in a newly built house.

Rostovskaya Embankment.
The near billboard on the left advertises the branded beer of the Zhiguli (Жигули) restaurant.
The billboard on the right advertises Zolotaya Bochka beer.

7th Rostovskiy Lane on the left.
The billboard in front advertises Peugeot cars.
Of the two billboards on the right, one offers to place ads on it. Another billboard has been here for a long time, which can be seen on October dates. It advertises the Kremlin Ballet Theater and its ballets Esmeralda and One Thousand and One Nights.

posted on Aug, 10 2022 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Rostovskaya Embankment (VIII)

7th Rostovskiy Lane.
The house #1 on Rostovskaya Embankment on the left.
"Furniture, plumbing, kitchens"

This is a house #7 on Smolenskaya (Смоленская) Street on the left. It was built in 1973.

The Borodinskiy Bridge on the right.

Rostovskaya Embankment.

posted on Aug, 10 2022 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Rostovskaya Embankment (IX)

7th Rostovskiy Lane.

The Borodinskiy Bridge on the right
and Rostovskaya Embankment below.

posted on Aug, 10 2022 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Rostovskaya Embankment (X)

The Moskva River.

Rostovskaya Embankment on the right.

The house #5 on Rostovskaya Embankment.

posted on Aug, 10 2022 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Rostovskaya Embankment (XI)

7th Rostovskiy Lane.

The house #5 on Rostovskaya Embankment on the left.

The house #1 on Kievsky Railway Station Square in the center.

Rostovskaya Embankment on the left.

posted on Aug, 10 2022 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Rostovskaya Embankment (XII)

Rostovskaya Embankment on the right.

The house #2 on Europe Square on the left,
the house #1 on Kievsky Railway Station Square in the center
and the house #2 on Kievsky Railway Station Square on the right.

The house #23 on 7th Rostovskiy Lane.

posted on Aug, 10 2022 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Rostovskaya Embankment (XIII)

The house #12 on 7th Rostovskiy Lane on the left
and the house #15 on 7th Rostovskiy Lane in the center.

The houses #17 and #21 on 7th Rostovskiy Lane on the right.

The house #11 on 7th Rostovskiy Lane.

posted on Aug, 10 2022 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Rostovskaya Embankment (XIV)

"fresh bread", "Arabic shawarma, kebab", "Russian bistro", a stall selling newspapers and magazines

The house #11 on 7th Rostovskiy Lane on the left
and the house #12 on 7th Rostovskiy Lane (the Turkish embassy) on the right.

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Rostovskaya Embankment (XV)

This is a memorial plaque on the house #5 on Rostovskaya Embankment.
"From 1966 to 1985, People's Architect of the USSR Georgy Orlov lived and worked in this house."

The house #3 on Rostovskaya Embankment.

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Rostovskaya Embankment (XVI)

The house #15 on 7th Rostovskiy Lane on the right.

Rostovskaya Embankment.

The house #11 on 7th Rostovskiy Lane on the right.

The Moskva River.

The house #3 on Savvinskaya Embankment in the center.

The house #4 on Berezhkovskaya Embankment on the left
and the house #2 on Europe Square on the right.

Inside the Bogdan Khmelnitsky Bridge.

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Rostovskaya Embankment (XVII)

Rostovskaya Embankment.

The Moskva River.

Berezhkovskaya Embankment.

Savvinskaya Embankment.

Berezhkovskaya Embankment on the right.

The house #2 on Europe Square on the left.

Inside the Bogdan Khmelnitsky Bridge.

"As a sign of strengthening the friendship and unity of the countries of Europe, the Moscow government decided to create an [architectural] ensemble of Europe Square in the capital of Russia.
In the center of the ensemble is a sculptural composition The Abduction of Europe by the Belgian sculptor Olivier Strebelle. This was donated to Moscow by the Brussels-Capital Region.
The architectural project was created by the workshop of Yuri Platonov.
On September 15, 2002, the [architectural] ensemble of the square and the sculptural composition were solemnly opened."

The Abduction of Europe.

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Rostovskaya Embankment (XVIII)

The Abduction of Europe.

The Kievsky Railway Station (the house #1 on Kievsky Railway Station Square.)

Next will follow the neighborhood of Rostovskaya Embankment.

August 15, 2013 - 19:05

The Hotel and Business Center Radisson Slavyanskaya (the house #2 on Europe Square.)

The shopping and entertainment center European (the house #2 on Kievsky Railway Station Square.)

edit on 8 11 2022 by turretless because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join