It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blue Jays new acquisition Whit Merrifield says he is vaccinated

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2022 @ 01:29 PM
link   
When vaccine mandates, social pressure works sometimes you just fall in line like the rest of "Canadians" who believe in science.
The same science on C19 vaccination that keeps changing.

Its no longer about preventing transmissions of a virus.
Its about the government travel mandate, vaccine mandate and control.

They are also forcing players to get more boosters..
For a vaccine that no longer protects you from getting C19 but they are still keeping the mandates anyway.

Blue Jays new acquisition Whit Merrifield says he is vaccinated
Whit Merrifield ready to offer the Blue Jays a shot in the arm

he’s got a jab in the arm, will Whit Merrifield be the booster shot the Blue Jays need to help facilitate a late-season surge and playoff run?

edit on 5-8-2022 by vNex92 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2022 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Whats the point of mandating a vaccine mandate policy when lets say a person who had being boosted four times is still able to get sick, infected?

posted on Aug, 5 2022 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: vNex92
Whats the point of mandating a vaccine mandate policy when lets say a person who had being boosted four times is still able to get sick, infected?

Exactly, why does something that doesn't stop infection or transmission mandated?

Hint: it's not for your health

posted on Aug, 5 2022 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: v1rtu0s0

Soon it would be cold winter for some in Europe due to social unrest and economic issues i wonder how long till it hits the breaking points?

posted on Aug, 5 2022 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: vNex92

How many Canadians per week are currently dying from COVID-19?

Last week, 260 Canadians died of COVID-19, the week before, 327 died, the week before that 208 died.

In the last 28 days in Canada, 951 people have died of COVID-19.

My guess is that there is a health emergency going on, that might be behind vaccine policy.

posted on Aug, 5 2022 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: v1rtu0s0

Exactly, why does something that doesn't stop infection or transmission mandated?

It may not totally stop infection or transmission, but it does significantly reduce them. That is generally how vaccines have worked in the past, and continues to be the way these new ones are working (look at the recent resurgence of older diseases that were under control - like pox and polio, as proof of how previous vaccines were not total in effect, now more people are not vaccinating).

posted on Aug, 5 2022 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Last week, 260 Canadians died of COVID-19, the week before, 327 died, the week before that 208 died.

My guess is that there is a health emergency going on, that might be behind vaccine policy.

You need to read deeper into those statistics. A very large majority of covid deaths aren't people who died OF or FROM covid, but instead had underlying conditions and died WITH covid.

posted on Aug, 5 2022 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Is there clinical proof that the people who were vaxxed got milder cases of Covid than they would have had they remained unvaxxed?

posted on Aug, 5 2022 @ 03:09 PM
link   

It may not totally stop infection or transmission, but it does significantly reduce them. That is generally how vaccines have worked in the past, and continues to be the way these new ones are working (look at the recent resurgence of older diseases that were under control - like pox and polio, as proof of how previous vaccines were not total in effect, now more people are not vaccinating).

Negative, sir. Vaccines of the past have successfully stopped the virus or disease they're designed for, with a 99% success rate. The only reason they are having a slight resurgence now is because there are young people out there who are the true definition of "anti-vax" and are not vaccinating their children with real vaccines. When you pair that with the border crisis and millions of illegals entering the country, there will be a spike because those people aren't vaccinated and carry the disease/virus, therefore passing it on to people who aren't vaccinated.

posted on Aug, 5 2022 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

Is there clinical proof that the people who were vaxxed got milder cases of Covid than they would have had they remained unvaxxed?

That pesky clinical proof...

Remember when vaccines were the newest trend and the media was telling everyone how many lives the vaccines saved? They couldn't back it up so they always resorted to name calling.

posted on Aug, 5 2022 @ 03:11 PM
link   

All birds are Covid19 positive. Especially red ones. -Brewer Fan.
P.S.- I luv y'all from Toronto to st Louis. I'm j/k

edit on 8/5/2022 by Gyo01 because: Spelling

posted on Aug, 5 2022 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

You need to read deeper into those statistics. A very large majority of covid deaths aren't people who died OF or FROM covid, but instead had underlying conditions and died WITH covid.

Perhaps hospitals, overloaded with patients who test positive for the virus and who are also dying from pneumonic symptoms in isolation wards specific for that purpose, are in no doubt about coding COVID-19 on the death certificates?

posted on Aug, 5 2022 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

The case COVID-19 fatality ratio in the vaccinated is markedly lower in those who are unvaccinated and this is also reflected in the overall national statistics after the public roll-outs of the vaccine, for many different countries.

There are also numerous clinical studies showing high effectiveness of the vaccines in reducing viral load and duration of infection.

edit on 5/8/2022 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2022 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

Negative, sir. Vaccines of the past have successfully stopped the virus or disease they're designed for, with a 99% success rate.

Even a 99% success rate is not the perfect success rate that you seem to have imagined.

However, the truth is revealed in the effectiveness measurements of previous vaccines.

- Two doses of injected Polio vaccine are 90% effective, but it goes to almost 100% with three doses.
- Smallpox vaccine is 95% effective (the same effectiveness as Pfizer Comirnaty against the alpha strain) but only lasts 3-5 years.
- The BCG Tuberculosis vaccine is only about 50% effective.
- One dose of MMR vaccine is 93% effective against measles, 78% effective against mumps, and 97% effective against rubella. Two doses pushes that up to 97% effective against measles and 88% effective against mumps.

So, you see, your belief that 'historical' vaccines are incredibly effective is not based in fact. Like all medicines, they are usually effective, but aren't magic.

The only reason they are having a slight resurgence now is because there are young people out there who are the true definition of "anti-vax" and are not vaccinating their children with real vaccines. When you pair that with the border crisis and millions of illegals entering the country, there will be a spike because those people aren't vaccinated and carry the disease/virus, therefore passing it on to people who aren't vaccinated.

All it takes is a slight resurgence of an infectious disease in an unprotected population to trigger an epidemic.

Also, there are more US citizens infected with SARS-CoV-2 variants at the present moment (@92 million) than all of those who have entered via the Southern border, for all of US history (@17 million). I don't think that the few who will enter, or have entered via that border for the last three years (@300 thousand), to have much effect on US COVID-19 numbers.

posted on Aug, 5 2022 @ 04:12 PM
link   

In Ontario and some other provinces they had stopped publicizing hotpzilztions from C19.
Recently those hospitalized in Ontario were vaccinated.
A few un vaccinated.

posted on Aug, 5 2022 @ 04:20 PM
link   
You're comparing REAL vaccines to the BS covid vax. You can tell REAL vaccines are effective because they actually prevent the illness. Some people have a bad experience with covid, some don't. It depends on the person and the variant. How can you even suggest the covid vax makes it "less severe"? How do you test for "less severe"? A person would have to be infected pre vax, then vaxxed, then infected again to compare? Natural immunity you acquire from the first one blows that test up. You can't prove it does, you can't prove it doesn't. Just guys making lots of money from it saying so. a reply to: chr0naut

posted on Aug, 5 2022 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: bounder
You're comparing REAL vaccines to the BS covid vax. You can tell REAL vaccines are effective because they actually prevent the illness. Some people have a bad experience with covid, some don't. It depends on the person and the variant. How can you even suggest the covid vax makes it "less severe"? How do you test for "less severe"? A person would have to be infected pre vax, then vaxxed, then infected again to compare? Natural immunity you acquire from the first one blows that test up. You can't prove it does, you can't prove it doesn't. Just guys making lots of money from it saying so. a reply to: chr0naut

How could you know?

At least I can point to the national statistics for several countries.

Also, my wife and I were fully immunized and boosted when our un-immunized children and grandchild, living in the same house, all got COVID, but neither of us did (we were testing daily and isolating together for two weeks). What protected us oldies?

posted on Aug, 5 2022 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Eh, he made his position clear several weeks ago when he stayed in KC when the Royals traveled to Toronto...

“This is my opinion on it all. It’s what, based on the experiences I’ve had, the conversations I’ve had, and what I’ve seen, this is the conclusion I’ve come to,” Merrifield said. “Right or wrong, I didn’t do it on a whim. I’s been a long thought process because again, I understand what Canada has in place right now. That’s the only reason that I would think about getting it at this point, is to go to Canada. “And that might change down the road. (If) something happens and I happen to get on a team that has a chance to go play in Canada and the postseason, maybe that changes. But as we sit here right now, I’m comfortable my decision, my teammates support me and support the rest of the guys in here that I made that same decision.”

Read more at: www.kansascity.com...=cpy

www.kansascity.com...

So the Royals traded him to a contender with a chance to play a lot of games in Canada. I support him in both decisions, as he made both choices.

Were the Royals trolling him with the trade to the Jays? Maybe. Either way, he could have stood by his no vaxx stance despite the trade but his desire to play post season baseball was stronger than his desire to remain unvaxxed. He has never played in the post season with the Royals despite him being on of the best contact hitters in baseball since his arrival. He's batted over .300 a couple of years and led the league in hits 2 years and finished 3rd in hits last season. And he is a durable player, having played almost every day for the Royals since his initial call up.

posted on Aug, 5 2022 @ 04:42 PM
link   

In Ontario and some other provinces they had stopped publicizing hotpzilztions from C19.
Recently those hospitalized in Ontario were vaccinated.
A few un vaccinated.

That is entirely explicable because vaccines are rarely 100% effective (as mentioned in my previous posts) and the numbers of those infected are growing in the community. There will be vaccinated people who still get COVID-19 and sometimes go to hospital. That number will be 5% to 8% of those who were vaccinated out of a pool of the total number of those infected at any one time. As the number of infected increases to nearly equal the total population, and the number of vaccinated increases towards that number too, it is likely that you will see more vaccinated people going to hospital as 'breakthrough' cases.

But, by and large, the vast majority of those vaccinated are protected from the more extreme effects and will also have reduced duration of infection if they do get the disease.

posted on Aug, 5 2022 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: bounder

No, the older, historical immunizations (only those based upon the vaccinnia virus is a 'real' vaccine, all the rest are immunizations) are not 100% effective. The smallpox injectable vaccine is exactly as effective against smallpox as the Comirnaty immunization is against the alpha strain of SARS-CoV-2.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join