It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Polio outbreak fears in New York despite US being ‘free’ of deadly virus for 40yrs

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2022 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I’m sure it’s a new variant.

More deadly.

Mask up and obey.

posted on Jul, 22 2022 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: infolurker

Imagine New York and California as the Armpits of America. Left and Right.

Two left armpits.

Oops, that could become a new pronoun phrase.

If there is a 'good' thing about polio, is that there's a real vaccine for it that actually works.

Two doses of the Polio vaccine are about 90% effective. One dose of the Pfizer vaccine against the alpha strain of SARS-CoV-2 is 95% effective.

The reason that Polio was almost eliminated, was due to a 24 year long vaccination campaign.

Ah, thank you for that Big Pharma/Pfizer sponsored advert.

posted on Jul, 22 2022 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Two left armpits.

If there is a 'good' thing about polio, is that there's a real vaccine for it that actually works.

Two doses of the Polio vaccine are about 90% effective. One dose of the Pfizer vaccine against the alpha strain of SARS-CoV-2 is 95% effective.

The reason that Polio was almost eliminated, was due to a 24 year long vaccination campaign.

It's not the question of capitalism motivating the pharmacology companies, it is of the absolute ineffectiveness of those who avoid medicine because it isn't just a hand-out.

posted on Jul, 23 2022 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Two left armpits.

It's not the question of capitalism motivating the pharmacology companies, it is of the absolute ineffectiveness of those who avoid medicine because it isn't just a hand-out.

You cannot really think this way. Whenever a company goes public they have to make money for the shareholders or they dump the stock and the company crumbles. Most phara companies, the big ones, are publicly traded. The penny stock market is filled with pharma start ups that never make it.

posted on Jul, 25 2022 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
Polio is back baby after being eradicated in the US over 40 years ago, just in time to promote a mass vaccination campaign and a mail in voting scheme for November unless Covid, Monkeypox, or Marburg nudge it out.

This is why I loath International travelers along with border insecurity.

www.the-sun.com...

FEARS are mounting over a potential polio outbreak following a confirmed case in New York State - despite the US being declared "free" of the deadly virus four decades ago.

The case was detected in a patient in Rockland County, the New York State Department of Health announced on Thursday.

OUTBREAK FEARS
The US is among the more than 100 countries that do not meet the recommended vaccine coverage thresholds to control a potential outbreak of polio.

According to data from the CDC, about 93 percent of American children are vaccinated against polio by their second birthday, falling short of the World Health Organization's threshold of 95 percent.

During the early 1950s, the disabling and life-threatening disease was once one of the most feared viruses in the US.

Before the vaccines were available in the mid-50s, polio outbreaks caused more than 15,000 cases of paralysis each year.

The confirmed Polio case is just the latest virus to reemerge in the US, as the nation is in the midst of a monkeypox outbreak.
The Sun is your source ?
That is like saying I get my investment news from MAD magazine . Now CNN has reported this & that is a bit more credible . The Sun US or UK is a rag
edit on 25-7-2022 by MeatHookReality because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2022 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: MeatHookReality

New York adult diagnosed with polio, first US case in nearly a decade

www.cnn.com...

1st polio case reported in US in nearly a decade detected in New York state

abcnews.go.com...

posted on Jul, 25 2022 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Wait so the sun reporting the exact same story as CNN ,you're preferred source, isn't credible but then other is

Jesus christ

You're definitely a meathook

posted on Jul, 26 2022 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Wait so the sun reporting the exact same story as CNN ,you're preferred source, isn't credible but then other is

Jesus christ

You're definitely a meathook
The Sun is notorious for sketchy news . If you read my post , you will see that I call CNN “ a bit more credible “ than the Sun .
I mention nothing about anyone of them being my preferred.
You sure are sensitive… lol & calling out to Jesus Christ will not help you to understand.. lol
You seem funny & likable… lets be friends.. ?
What a beautiful night …

posted on Jul, 26 2022 @ 12:53 AM
link   

New York adult diagnosed with polio, first US case in nearly a decade

www.cnn.com...

1st polio case reported in US in nearly a decade detected in New York state

abcnews.go.com...
Yes I knew that & had you read my original post , you can see clearly that I acknowledge CNN had reported it .
I was calling out how horrible the Sun is for reliable news .

posted on Oct, 18 2022 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Polio is back baby after being eradicated in the US over 40 years ago, just in time to promote a mass vaccination campaign and a mail in voting scheme for November unless Covid, Monkeypox, or Marburg nudge it out.

This is why I loath International travelers along with border insecurity.

Why would such an easily treatable/curable thing cause you such distress?

Dr. Fred Klenner proved absolutely and without a doubt that Polio - like pretty much ALL of these kinds of communicable diseases - is easily treatable - and yes, I'll say it, completely curable using one simple treatment: high does IV vitamin C.

<< 1   >>

join