It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Polio outbreak fears in New York despite US being ‘free’ of deadly virus for 40yrs

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Polio is back baby after being eradicated in the US over 40 years ago, just in time to promote a mass vaccination campaign and a mail in voting scheme for November unless Covid, Monkeypox, or Marburg nudge it out.

This is why I loath International travelers along with border insecurity.

www.the-sun.com...

FEARS are mounting over a potential polio outbreak following a confirmed case in New York State - despite the US being declared "free" of the deadly virus four decades ago.

The case was detected in a patient in Rockland County, the New York State Department of Health announced on Thursday.

OUTBREAK FEARS
The US is among the more than 100 countries that do not meet the recommended vaccine coverage thresholds to control a potential outbreak of polio.

According to data from the CDC, about 93 percent of American children are vaccinated against polio by their second birthday, falling short of the World Health Organization's threshold of 95 percent.

During the early 1950s, the disabling and life-threatening disease was once one of the most feared viruses in the US.

Before the vaccines were available in the mid-50s, polio outbreaks caused more than 15,000 cases of paralysis each year.

The confirmed Polio case is just the latest virus to reemerge in the US, as the nation is in the midst of a monkeypox outbreak.

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 07:09 PM
link   
We are under attack on many different fronts at once.

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Well there you have it, the influx of illegals been moved to states will bring all kind of crap to infect communities.

But that is what the democrats communist want for the our nation, because they hate America and Americans.

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Medical Insurrection !!!🥶

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

doesn't this suck for the 7%?

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I guess the communist democrats wants a pandemic, any pandemic before mid terms, soo hell lets move the illegals all over the nation so they can infect everybody they can.

The new strategy for the communist in power, warning keep away from illegals they carry all kind of deadly viruses.

But Democrats loves them.

(post by TheMadTitan removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Add to that the dumb parents who refuse to vaccinate against childhood diseases.

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Look on the bright side, at least we know the polio vaccine actually works. 😃

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Gee, I wonder if the timing has anything to do with Abbott sending busloads of illegals to New York? TBH, polio is the least of our worries from the diseases crossing the border and being shipped around the country.
Too bad quarantine to identify and treat serious diseases is no longer practiced. I guess a modern Ellis Island would be considered too inhumane by todays standards; TPTB want to 'share the love' and wipe out as many citizens as possible without getting blood on their hands....by the MSM sheep, anyway.

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: VierEyes

Add to that the dumb parents who refuse to vaccinate against childhood diseases.

Really how common is that though?

I don't think you will find many parents not vaccinating their children for polio.....that's a fringe thing....

I really hope your not comparing this in any way to the experimental covid vax...

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
Gee, I wonder if the timing has anything to do with Abbott sending busloads of illegals to New York?

Abbot? What are you talking about?

Abbott sent the busses of illeagles to Washington DC. Biden sent the illeagle to New York from the border. They have been covering this for days on Fox.

They just had several illeagles interviewed today in New York. Some were sent by bus and some by plane, all were paid for by the federal government and not the state of Texas.
edit on 7 21 2022 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: VierEyes

We are seeing many diseases re-emerge or emerge form the collective as the normal distribution of immunity is down shifted. I expect to see more, and only the most desperately blind will blame the ones trying to escape the cull, rather than the ones perpetrating it.

How many do I know that have had a recent re-emergence of cancer or had shingles for the first time.
edit on 21-7-2022 by Zenchuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: VierEyes

Did you know that your child can spread rotavirus and circovirus after vaccination

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Imagine New York and California as the Armpits of America. Left and Right.

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge

I got my towns mixed up; don't hate me.
It's getting harder and harder to keep up with things happening so fast!

I think the point is still valid; when you fly/bus people around the country that come from disease-ridden countries without a quarantine period, or even a health check you can absolutely expect infectious disease to climb off the charts.

posted on Jul, 22 2022 @ 01:50 AM
link   
But this source is the current bun? (Sun)
I tried to look for what sources they used but couldn't find any.
Is there another source as I don't want to forward a link from The Sun lol. I'm sure the article is fairly accurate, but the Sun isn't, normally.

Thanks for the OP 👍🏻

posted on Jul, 22 2022 @ 02:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Two left armpits.

Oops, that could become a new pronoun phrase.

If there is a 'good' thing about polio, is that there's a real vaccine for it that actually works.
edit on 22-7-2022 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: edit

posted on Jul, 22 2022 @ 05:14 PM
link   

When COVID-19 began spreading within the USA, the President blamed China for not suspending air travel from China to the US. That President put a block on non US citizens coming from China, but didn't stop US citizens coming from China, nor did he stop any outgoing travel from the US (where the disease was spreading) to other countries. Clearly, the USA are as culpable as China in the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic internationally.

The real issue is that Americans continue to avoid simple public health precautions and continue to blame others for the spread of disease.

The 1918 flu originated in Kansas in the US and was probably the worst pandemic of modern times in terms of deaths. America is to blame in the diseases it incubates and spreads internationally. Until it begins to act responsibility in the world for its own inaction or actions, it will be seen as an international pariah.

The potential for resurgence of polio within America is also likely because too few Americans are now immunized against polio, as was mentioned in the article.

edit on 22/7/2022 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2022 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

originally posted by: carewemust

Two left armpits.

Oops, that could become a new pronoun phrase.

If there is a 'good' thing about polio, is that there's a real vaccine for it that actually works.

Two doses of the Polio vaccine are about 90% effective. One dose of the Pfizer vaccine against the alpha strain of SARS-CoV-2 is 95% effective.

The reason that Polio was almost eliminated, was due to a 24 year long vaccination campaign.

<<   2 >>

join