It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA JW pics live stream

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2022 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: SmoothOperations

How is this useful to you?

I'm just a pleb who goes Oooo at pretty pictures but as WASP is to close to its parent Star to have water molecules or clouds in its atmosphere so that is useful knowledge for astronomers.

posted on Jul, 12 2022 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

How is cosmology useful to anyone?
edit on 12-7-2022 by SmoothOperations because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2022 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

They could tell you they found chocolate molecules near planet Wazoo. How are you going to check if it's not a complete fabrication. It requires 100% faith.

posted on Jul, 12 2022 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: SmoothOperations

Faith, until it is either confirmed or becomes false when other scientists look into it.
That’s what science is. Being able to prove something utilizing tests and experiments to verify or disprove it.

If you want to learn how this stuff is not only interesting, but also scientific in understanding where we come from as a species, Take an Astrobiology course.

edit on 12-7-2022 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2022 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I imagine for laughs an alien up there switching out pictures in front of the lens.

posted on Jul, 12 2022 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

Or that gravitational lensing is really an astral E.T mooning the camera. Lol

posted on Jul, 13 2022 @ 02:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: putnam6

originally posted by: Bigburgh

originally posted by: Macenroe82
This is a pretty amazing scale video showing the FOV that J.W focused on.

Link to video on Twitter

G'Zus look at that pan back from a Quark! Thanks!

Go here gives you wonderful tools to play with now the depth is mind boggling.....we are so insignificant

web.wwtassets.org...

We're merely cosmic specs in the midst of infinity. A lot, if not most of the light captured by the telescope took longer to get to it from the source than the existence of mankind.

*hits bowl*

Like, everything we see might only be part of a universe that exists in a grain of sand on another planet. We may not have even seen past the perceived universe that is only a grain in an infinite amount of other universes.

All I know is I've been stressing this month, I've been fasting a lot, and losing weight, and it's slow business-wise which always makes me anxious just from inactivity. take a puff

just looking at the star nursery or cradle after I downloaded the max size, I felt the stress suddenly ease up, the stress drips away as none of this truly matters and we all could vanish in a maelstrom, who would notice? I've got a sinking feeling that's just what is gonna happen. It will be a miracle if earth and humanity make it but in 5 billion years when the Milky Way collides with Andromeda should be a helluva light show

MIke's weather page had an unpublished of the quark

posted on Jul, 13 2022 @ 02:59 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

I'm with ya here, and I hope I didn't come off as facetious.

I can completely relate to a feeling of relief or decompression from the thought of how small I, and the immediate environment around me is. Maybe for some it's the opposite. I know that it's the age old question, and people seek meaning in finding importance for the individual. But personally, I'm fine with knowing I'm as small as it gets. I don't try less because of that realization, just makes things easier to remember that.

posted on Jul, 13 2022 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Zod that's funny!πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

I found this..

posted on Jul, 13 2022 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82
This is a pretty amazing scale video showing the FOV that J.W focused on.

Link to video on Twitter

G'Zus look at that pan back from a Quark! Thanks!

Go here gives you wonderful tools to play with now the depth is mind boggling.....we are so insignificant

web.wwtassets.org...

Thank you.

LOL No thank you, not to get all Carl Sageny here, but damn, how can we not be humble so much in our own complete insignificance in the big picture.

Instead of wars, fighting and politics we ought to be hugging each other and marveling that we even exist.

Hang tight.. just saw a Elon Musk interview about where we are in time right now and the dire need fore space faring tech. The source is blah blah, but Elon still speaks. Let me dig it up...

If 42 is the answer... What's the question?
youtu.be...

posted on Jul, 14 2022 @ 05:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

The question is, which number base are you using?

#TheUniverseDidn'tKillItself

Cheers

posted on Jul, 14 2022 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2
a reply to: Bigburgh

The question is, which number base are you using?

#TheUniverseDidn'tKillItself

Cheers

When I know how to properly ask the question, I'll let the world know.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join