It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It’s Popping Off In Sri Lanka

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2022 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

So be honest with me... Because we know we're both going to find sources that back our claims since politicians play every angle they can.

Fo you think they did it for money or climate change? Keep in mind they were wrong either way, so that doesn't carry any weight.

The ironic part to me is that if it is the money, the big point of contention is they were having to import it all, implying the organic would at least have a larger market share being domestically produced... Which means it would have been nationalistic, not globalist.

But at the end of the day, everyone who focuses solely on a political angle is full of BS anyways, whether they're a supporter of one, or choosing only to demonize one. Look at Germany and their infatuation of ending all nuclear in some pseudo green justification, how did that work out? And even Trump saw that coming... Or look at the right when they play contrarian to electric cars purely on an ideological point of view even though for many countries it means they can source more of their energy needs.

That's the problem with dogma. But either way, my whole entrance in this thread, and most of my comments since has been against the linkage of this event and western society. If you look at who Sri Lanka has leaned on, it's a complete opposite axis of the west.

posted on Jul, 9 2022 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: m4rc3PL
Protests have started all around the world: Sri Lanka, The Netherlands, and Uzbekistan. Something wrong is going on this week.

Just heard stuff starting in Italy

posted on Jul, 9 2022 @ 05:33 PM
link   
The new rise of the Kingdom of Kandy !!!😀

posted on Jul, 9 2022 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: m4rc3PL
Protests have started all around the world: Sri Lanka, The Netherlands, and Uzbekistan. Something wrong is going on this week.

Albania now protesting

posted on Jul, 9 2022 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I have followed Christian eschatology for years and from a point of view as as a skeptic. But recently one item struck me and that was mystery Babylon. It’s the church of Satan and Jews that call themselves Jews who are not. I looked around the globe and thought a few years ago it might be Ukraine and then I thought the Khazarian empire was BS but it’s literally right there in wiki. It’s speculation but when you add 1905 Russian protocols it freaks me out.

posted on Jul, 9 2022 @ 10:06 PM
link   

edit on 7/9/2022 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2022 @ 11:21 PM
link   

a reply to: burntheships

That decision didn't have much to do with global climate initiatives.

It had more to do with their plunging economy and the import costs and foreign exchange problems they were facing.

Either way, it proved to be a horrible decision... But I'm struggling to see how this is some sort of fault to a "US NWO cabal" or climate change world order. Again, they're more closely aligned with China.

it's like something joe will do soon.

posted on Jul, 9 2022 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Thanks for the input!
It is reported that Italy and Poland are joining
the Netherlands in protest.

euroweeklynews.com...

That is most certainly due to Climate Change iniatives
that are being imposed on the farms.

posted on Jul, 10 2022 @ 12:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

Thanks for the input!
It is reported that Italy and Poland are joining
the Netherlands in protest.

euroweeklynews.com...

That is most certainly due to Climate Change iniatives
that are being imposed on the farms.

i don't know what to do with these people.

but something needs to be done and fast.

they need to pay for their failures.

making a bad choice, for money or altruistic green ideology,is no excuse for not having your ticket punched.
right down to sitting on a highway blocking traffic or glueing yourself to a painting.

cover the painting real good so blood doesn't ruin it.

it won't take many of them to die for their bs till they stop the nonsense.

posted on Jul, 10 2022 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: sarahvital

i don't recall any of the peaceful protests delivering significant results.

Did the Yellow Vest protests in Europe bring significant changes/results?

How about the Trucker protests in Canada?

I remember Iranians having huge protests, about 4 years ago.

edit on 7/10/2022 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2022 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: sarahvital

it's like something joe will do soon.

Wouldn't surprise me... But what does America's president have to do with Sri Lanka?

posted on Jul, 10 2022 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Argentina protest wanting some of the government to resign and even go to jail while others are saying stop paying the IMF the owed 8 billion dollar debt.youtu.be...

posted on Jul, 10 2022 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

The IMF smack in the middle, for decades “Helping”

Maybe they should stop paying them?

edit on 10-7-2022 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2022 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Protests in China too ..................🧤

Depositors Protest Against Frozen Funds and Violently Dispersed 三千储户郑州抗议 当局40辆大巴车抓人

edit on Jul-10-2022 by xuenchen because: DryCobbed bzzzzzzzzzz 👁️🚬

posted on Jul, 10 2022 @ 12:36 PM
link   

So be honest with me... Because we know we're both going to find sources that back our claims since politicians play every angle they can.

Do you think they did it for money or climate change? Keep in mind they were wrong either way, so that doesn't carry any weight.

the left is full of progressive fanatics that implement self-destructive policies. look at the US energy situation.
if the Democrats start restricting our agriculture a LOT of people could go hungry.

posted on Jul, 10 2022 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElGoobero

Do you think they did it for money or climate change? Keep in mind they were wrong either way, so that doesn't carry any weight.

the left is full of progressive fanatics that implement self-destructive policies. look at the US energy situation.
if the Democrats start restricting our agriculture a LOT of people could go hungry.

But we're not talking about America... We're talking about Sri Lanka, a third world country.

One of the big points of contention was that they imported 3-400 million for fertilizer. So that was/is a big deal to them. 3-400 million is the amount we'd earmark in a bill for some museums or something. So us doing a green initiative for anything under billions is a whim.

That's the problem. We can't have a discussion about anything on the planet without people saying "but Trump" or "look at Biden". Not everything happens in the world because of our stupid puppets. Do we have some influence on the macro of the world? Absolutely... But we're talking about a country we don't even really align with.

posted on Jul, 10 2022 @ 08:53 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 10 2022 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Albert999
Jan 6th was much worse than this

I hope Steve Bannon plans to show video footage of this to the J6 committee, then inform them that this is what an insurrection looks like.

posted on Jul, 10 2022 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

One common thread now in food production is
carbon footprint. Companies and farmers alike are
boing forced to either comply, or pay more.

hbr.org...

This of corse comes after Big Ag and companies like Monsanto
thrashing the organic industry.

There is an undeniable connection.

This does not involve politics per see, but it IS the Dem Agenda,
the “green” agenda that has sided with the globalists on climate
change .

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join