It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

While you divert your eyes watch what happens with prices

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2022 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Interest rates might not go much higher than they are now, energy supply chains are now starting to sort themselves out. The supreme court doesn't care about economics, energy stocks aren't mooning anymore.

We might end up in a weird state of stagflation where the everyday person doesn't gain or lose purchasing power. We will just sort of get on with it for a bit and live with a sense of penny pinching.

This whole R v W nonsense has nothing to do with it all. The Pandemic and the mega money printing that happened during that time period did tho, anyone who follows the markets somewhat daily saw all this coming.

posted on Jun, 24 2022 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
Well, to be fair, a $7.50 minimum wage is hardly that.

It's more like a slave wage. So, comparing a seven dollar bag of chips to slave wages makes no sense to me.

And do people actually work for $7.50? I don't know one person who would. Do you?

Say you have never traveled without saying you never traveled, thats what you just said, you really should get out of your bubble more.

Well before the democrats decided to strangle the oil industry while catering to the unions there were a lot of people that worked for 7.50 in many parts of the country and while they didnt have a lavish lifestyle they could pay bills.

posted on Jun, 24 2022 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: havok
a reply to: chr0naut

Do you believe your statement was at all necessary, on topic, or civil?

Back to the point, I'm sure all this is a distraction and well-timed at that. The US has had nothing but chaos cooking for decades now to the point of boil-over. Prices haven't even caught up to logistics costs yet.

Just wait until they "normalize" $4 a gallon for gasoline in the US.

That's the plan.

So, that's a 'yes' from you?

posted on Jun, 24 2022 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Yup you are correct they need a misdirection to hopefully cause enough chaos over the next 4 months they can try to salvage the mid terms.

Carville was right though, Its all bout the economy and their record is terrible.

posted on Jun, 24 2022 @ 10:12 PM
link   
2.52 oz’s of precooked Oscar Meyer bacon…..$7.72

I don’t buy that kind of stuff, but I did notice a crazy jump in the price.

That’s over $40/lb.!!!!

posted on Jun, 24 2022 @ 11:10 PM
link   

I’m only 32, but have followed the “ void” of social and historical events since I was 12. What I found out was; stuff is happening that is easily recognized and able to call…. It just people don’t want to see it…… and now it’s too late 😎

posted on Jun, 24 2022 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Got my price on half a cow set already. It went up a quarter a pound hanging weight this year.

Got two flats of local strawberries on order, they went up to forty four bucks a flat...eight quarts to a flat...up four bucks from last year.

The price of potatoes is going to go up about five cents a pound here where I get them from this fall, talked to someone who buys quantities of them from a farmer...they will be three bucks for ten pounds all through the year instead of being at three bucks initially and dropping to two bucks as they have been doing before. Guess I will have to cut back on feeding potatoes to the deer this winter.

Whole whitefish went up a buck a pound, mostly because of the price of gas increasing. Bought enough for six meals so far, I will order another five fish from the fish house in a week or so to put up in the freezer to boost our once a week fish up another six weeks...comes out to about seven bucks a pound now, for filets when I get them vacuum packed and filets made.

We are definitely picking lots of blueberries this summer, I like wild blueberries. And we will pick lots of wild raspberries also....enough to make ten pints of jam, and of course we get cherries from the brothers tree to make cherry jam and pies. Got to pick some blackberries to freeze too. All of our picking spots are within three miles of the house.

Our propane went up, now it is two thirty nine a gallon for the season and that is a steep increase...going to have to cut some dead or dying trees down to stock up firewood for this coming winter.

I have the garden planted, the deer are tending that pretty well, I guess that was a waste of money. Maybe I will plant some potatoes in the woods so we can have some reserves...they do grow amongst the pine trees pretty well but the spuds are smaller, baby reds and baby yukons do taste good though.

The prices in the restaurants with good food are going way up...our budget amount for going out and eat used to cover two nice meals a month...now it is one meal a month for more than we used to pay for two in many places we used to go to.

I will not pay a lot of money for junk food, we will make real food instead at home which is better, only getting chips and sweets occasionally as a treat. We have around twenty bags of chocolate chips in stock...paid less than a buck a bag for them on sale about a year ago. Now they are getting close to two thirty on sale here. We got the cookies covered pretty well.

fifteen cans of coffee in stock is not enough, the price on sale went from two ninety nine two years ago to six ninety nine now...we have enough to keep us in coffee for a year probably. But we have bought some to restock at five ninety nine and just one at six ninety nine recently so we wouldn't have to pay more than that coming up. I think coffee will come down by next spring after the nuclear war happens.

posted on Jun, 25 2022 @ 01:08 AM
link   
a reply to: MiddleInsite

I found 20 states that have a minimum wage of $7.25 per hour as of 2022.

Check it out, perhaps I miscounted but there's your answer! Lol
www.laborlawcenter.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2022 @ 01:16 AM
link   

It's more like a slave wage. So, comparing a seven dollar bag of chips to slave wages makes no sense to me.

And do people actually work for $7.50? I don't know one person who would. Do you?

I've met hundreds of people who work their butts off for minimum wage. Factory jobs, felons, no experience or schooling, working through temp agencies who take a big chunk out of their payday. Drug addicts, alcoholics, and very lazy. Not a fun crowd to work with. :/ Everyone's always mad or in the dumps... sad stuff.

posted on Jun, 25 2022 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Not even the BS lockdowns created a real shortage. In my central Europe country the bakers charge 50-70% more mostly because they can. Yes, they use natural gas and diesel but there's still plenty of wheat. We are a wheat net export country so they can probably get it cheaper from local sources and nobody will know. If the government smelled a real shortage there would be at least some effort and incentive to plant more wheat. Nope, it's mostly canola again. Either the farmers have a hard time to change momentum or they still make more on biodiesel production.

If you see a real shortage of some items you can probably blame hoarding preppers.
China was hoarding a lot of grain in the last years. Maybe they cooked this investment with Russia and now they will sell with a profit. It's really a fake crisis creating big fat margins. Just like the stocks, the price goes up and everyone buys. Watch it fall down the next year when countries plant more wheat. When they drill more oil than needed. It's behind a corner and they will blame recession and higher interest rates.
It's not surprising that billionaires like Gates invested in farmland and now a fkn unhealthy wheat and all food is a hot commodity. The lockdowns destroyed the small players and now it's a golden egg laying goose. My first world problem is still how to get rid of wheat from my diet. Now the ancient grain will be more expensive too. I'm into pasta for now. Durum wheat is better and they dont need to bake it an a furnace. It's actually cheaper than bread now.

posted on Jun, 25 2022 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Another one completely missing the point of the OP and posting diversionary rhetoric.

Whatever the minimum wage is where you or anybody else lives, the point is that pierces are beyond ridiculous. Comments and arguments about the minimum wage detract from the actual issues that they OP brings up and have nothing to do with it.

posted on Jun, 25 2022 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
I stocked up on some specific staples and now they are completely gone from the grocery store.

This is why stuff is always sold out, because people are "stocking up" on things, buying several months worth of stuff at once. Then the average everyday person, who can't afford to "stick up" goes to buy the item and it's sold out.

If everybody just bought what they needed this wouldn't be happening but people are greedy and they see an item that was sold out last time they were at the store so they go and buy 4 months worth of the item this time.

posted on Jun, 25 2022 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: MisguidedAngel

Denial ain't just a river in Egypt.

To think that the scarcities are all caused by people "hoarding," ... SMH

I suppose the rising fuel prices and shortages of diesel are caused by people hoarding fuel.

And the rising prices for home energy and the rolling blackouts are caused by people hoarding electricity.

Or, maybe it's all just Donald Trump's fault. Yeah, that's it!

posted on Jun, 25 2022 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: MisguidedAngel

originally posted by: JAGStorm
I stocked up on some specific staples and now they are completely gone from the grocery store.

This is why stuff is always sold out, because people are "stocking up" on things, buying several months worth of stuff at once. Then the average everyday person, who can't afford to "stick up" goes to buy the item and it's sold out.

If everybody just bought what they needed this wouldn't be happening but people are greedy and they see an item that was sold out last time they were at the store so they go and buy 4 months worth of the item this time.

No it’s not why stuff is sold out. When I say stocked up I didn’t mean I buy 50 jars at a time or hoarding. It means when I go to the store I might buy an extra or two. This is no way causes things to be out of stock.

Even people that hoard would not cause items to be out of stock for months on end. It might cause a one time out of stock until replenished.
edit on 25-6-2022 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2022 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv

Another one completely missing the point of the OP and posting diversionary rhetoric.

Whatever the minimum wage is where you or anybody else lives, the point is that pierces are beyond ridiculous. Comments and arguments about the minimum wage detract from the actual issues that they OP brings up and have nothing to do with it.

I’ve been reading a lot about flight or fight mechanisms in people. There are layers to that. For some fight or flight means anger and maybe even denial. That is their coping mechanism.

posted on Jun, 25 2022 @ 11:27 AM
link   
The abortion issue isn't a distraction of bad things that are coming - it's a distraction for bad things that are already here.
It's also less about abortion and more about government having control over your medical care.

It's not a coincidence that quasi-forced vaccinations/lock downs and this decision appeared around the same time.

Anyway, food prices will stay high to keep us poor but "they" will not let us starve.

True revolutions happen when people are starving - control happens when hungry people are feed.

posted on Jun, 25 2022 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: MikhailBakunin

I've met hundreds of people who work their butts off for minimum wage. Factory jobs, felons, no experience or schooling, working through temp agencies who take a big chunk out of their payday. Drug addicts, alcoholics, and very lazy. Not a fun crowd to work with. :/ Everyone's always mad or in the dumps... sad stuff.

I have a master's degree and seems the only job available are minimum wage (7 something) jobs still. It's who you know around this area

posted on Jun, 25 2022 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Artificially inflating a wage is just that inflation. Either the work that is done is worth or it is not. There shouldn’t be a minimum wage at all.

paying the none skilled totally replaceable item scanner 15$ then makes the slave chips cost 11$ Which makes the item scanner sad again so he wants 17$ dollar to scan items but then his slave chips cost 13$ And he can never figure out why because he is dreg who scan items for a living.

posted on Jun, 25 2022 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Dbl

edit on 25-6-2022 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2022 @ 01:52 AM
link   

One hoarding prepper wont cause a shortage.
However there's a whole new industry of freeze-dried food.
And that's just the expensive stuff. Rich people can buy years worth of tasty food for a whole family into their Atlas underground shelters. Now add to that every other guy buying an extra can or two like you and suddenly the demand is 50% higher than the producers have produced. It's like there was 50% more people than the last year. Someone has to grow the stuff first.
Governments could be stockpiling freeze-dried MREs for case of war. The technology allows it now to have 20 years worth of food. The villains could starve the rest of the world and not care about otherwise unthinkable disasters like nuclear war. It's probably not the case but governments are hoarding for sure. There was a shortage of MREs before the war in Ukraine. Canadian Prepper was asked for all of his MRE for any price by someone. Maybe it was the Red Cross, maybe not. Now imagine if Russia, maybe even China decided to attack the US dollar and buy as much of food as possible to cause even more inflation and tank the dollar.
China was buying and exporting countries like Russia were cutting the exports. Not to mention stealing the grain from Ukraine and damaging their agriculture.
It's not like there's not enough food for an overpopulated world. It's a debunked myth. The Earth can easily feed a population of 100 billion. (preferably vegans 🙂)
IMO they wanna push the agenda along with a fake climate crisis. Was it not agenda 2030?
Crazy James Bond villains like Gates are in. Gates is just the one we know who is bragging about his plans for us. Alex Jones was warning us 5 years, 10 years ago and few have listened

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join