It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FINA has voted to restrict participation of transgender athletes in elite swimming competitions

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Jun, 19 2022 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Well it's about time!

The world governing body for swimming, FINA, has voted to restrict participation of transgender athletes in elite swimming competitions, effective Monday.

The new rule, which passed by a 71% majority of all members, states that it will require transgender competitors to have completed their transition by the age of 12 to be able to compete in women’s competitions.

www.outkick.com...

I am hoping this will affect ALL women's sports. It's a shame it took this long but hey, I believe the pendulum is swinging. Although it's not all transgenders, it will affect those who have clearly developed male characteristics that give them an edge over biological females.

But THIS: "completed their transition by the age of 12 to be able to compete in women’s competitions", OMG, what are our children in for? A whole new can of worms in that bomb of a statement.

posted on Jun, 19 2022 @ 04:04 PM
link   
XX chromosomes are what makes a person female, not drugs, or surgeries, gender labels, or outright lunacy. Same with XY being what makes a person male.

Time to get over it, but apparently we've hardly started.

posted on Jun, 19 2022 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Great news lets stop all this nonsense now

posted on Jun, 19 2022 @ 04:08 PM
link   
They need common sense rules. If you was born a male, you can't compete in any female sporting events.

posted on Jun, 19 2022 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Past due.

Honestly there is no viable argument against banning people that went through puberty as male from participating in women's sports.

posted on Jun, 19 2022 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Long over due.

posted on Jun, 19 2022 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

Not only that, but they're also talking about creating a 3rd category, which is the way it should be. In my opinion, that's the only reasonable answer that will make it fair for everyone.

'Switching' genders is essentially just creating a 3rd gender. (&/or a 4th if that's the way you wanna look at it, but regardless, you're no longer in either of the 2 original genders)

In addition, FINA will set up a working group with a view to establishing an open competition category, open to athletes “without regard to their sex, their legal gender, or their gender identity”.

Fina votes to ban transgender swimmers from women’s elite events if they went through male puberty

edit on 6/19/22 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2022 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Meanwhile, the sport was ruined for everyone who had to compete against Thomas. 🙄

posted on Jun, 19 2022 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Agreed on both counts - thank God some sense in being applied. I say SOME sense, because that statement about wanting transgender participants to be under twelve when they transition, is scary. That now opens the door for helicopter parents to 'encourage' their kids to transition at an extremely young age if they believe they have swimming talent. Clown world.

posted on Jun, 19 2022 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: VierEyes
Meanwhile, the sport was ruined for everyone who had to compete against Thomas. 🙄

Yes, it's too late for their competitions but in our hearts, we all know who the REAL winners were.

posted on Jun, 19 2022 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux

Yes, it's too late for their competitions but in our hearts, we all know who the REAL winners were.

It wasn't just the competition. There were scholarships at stake.

posted on Jun, 19 2022 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Well it's about time!

The world governing body for swimming, FINA, has voted to restrict participation of transgender athletes in elite swimming competitions, effective Monday.

The new rule, which passed by a 71% majority of all members, states that it will require transgender competitors to have completed their transition by the age of 12 to be able to compete in women’s competitions.

www.outkick.com...

I am hoping this will affect ALL women's sports. It's a shame it took this long but hey, I believe the pendulum is swinging. Although it's not all transgenders, it will affect those who have clearly developed male characteristics that give them an edge over biological females.

But THIS: "completed their transition by the age of 12 to be able to compete in women’s competitions", OMG, what are our children in for? A whole new can of worms in that bomb of a statement.

Finally some good news. Im seeing cracks in this cults grip and narrative everywhere lately.

posted on Jun, 19 2022 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Well it's about time!

www.outkick.com...

This is more disturbing than you think

"require transgender competitors to have completed their transition by the age of 12 "

Think about that. Think about that long and hard.

That is one of the most evil statements i may have ever read
edit on pm620223006America/ChicagoSun, 19 Jun 2022 18:37:34 -0500_6000000 by Another_Nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2022 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Another_Nut

Well it's about time!

www.outkick.com...

This is more disturbing than you think

"require transgender competitors to have completed their transition by the age of 12 "

Think about that. Think about that long and hard.

That is the most evil statement i may have ever read

You are not kidding.

posted on Jun, 19 2022 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Anyone who doesn't agree with this, needs their head examined! I have said it before, a trans 'women' should not be allowed to compete in women's sports. A trans 'man' should be able to compete in men's sports.

A new thought has come to mind. If a trans 'women' really wants to compete that badly, let them compete in men's sports. If they find that too degrading, I say look at all of the women, in the past who wanted to compete with and against men!

posted on Jun, 19 2022 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Well it's about time!

www.outkick.com...

2 meter tall "Timberly" is awful masculine for a lady competitor...Maybe they have an unfair advantage...Maybe I need to make 1+1 = 3

posted on Jun, 19 2022 @ 06:50 PM
link   
1. My body my choice... Gone
2. Women make less money then men... Gone
3. There is a glass ceiling for women... Gone
4. You never hit a women... Gone

What else would you women like to see gone?

posted on Jun, 19 2022 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
Past due.

Honestly there is no viable argument against banning people that went through puberty as male from participating in women's sports.

I am a gay man, and certainly not anti-trans. I strongly disagree. I am not trying to be mean, but some of these transgender women are HUGE! As much as they want to be a woman, it doesn't change the fact that many of them are larger and stronger than a non transgender woman. It isn't fair!

posted on Jun, 19 2022 @ 06:58 PM
link   

It wasn't just the competition. There were scholarships at stake.

Yes and that's the really sad part. But hopefully there were still financial considerations to the runner ups.

posted on Jun, 20 2022 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Imagine getting upset over this, because "how can they force trans women to compete against men, it's so unfair!" And meanwhile be willing to force women to compete against men.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join