It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The sinking of the Americans happiness of a lost privilege of not being spied on

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2022 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Notice I said PRIVILEGE. Why, well, I grew up in the age of innocence where spying on each other was not so cool. Could even get you zapped out.
But now it appears to be the norm.
Remember MIM's Street Talk about "FEAR" Fear Every American Regardless .
Well, seems like it now has been in placed. Even those now that want to travel outside America is not 100% safe to feel free at the airport.

Anyway, this crap about controlling our freedom better not follow the path of Canada. PERIOD.

posted on Jun, 15 2022 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

But almost all people are paying for the privlidge to be tracked and watched now. They want it. They expect it.

Privacy disappeared before the convenience of the smart phone.

posted on Jun, 15 2022 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: beyondknowledge

But almost all people are paying for the privlidge to be tracked and watched now. They want it. They expect it.

I'm afraid you are right.

posted on Jun, 15 2022 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: beyondknowledge

While I have a phone now , only very recently. Maybe 5 years? I only had to because I worried about getting stuck on the side of the road somewhere and nobody would stop then as they'd assume you have a phone to call for help.
I also have a sticker on the camera at all times, front and back. Not the microphone , but often when I don't want to be spied on I'll leave it in my purse etc. GPS location finder is off and will only when I have to .

posted on Jun, 15 2022 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ancientlight

I notice my Android from time to time, doesn't matter if location is set to Off, the location icon at the top will turn itself on for a brief period, maybe a second, and then sneak away off again. So it's tracking you even with it off.

posted on Jun, 15 2022 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ancientlight

They put some settings in phones that don't really do much. By law, the GPS has to work in case you call 911.

top topics

join