It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Price of Things

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2022 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder
Yep, the lock-downs were totally worth it guys, imagine how many millions more could have died, even though those who died were mostly people in their 80's and 90's or people who had underlying conditions, but never mind that. We still saved an indeterminable number of lives, and all it cost us was the global economy. Now millions of families and children, especially those in already impoverished nations, can experience the joys of poverty and homelessness. We're well on our way to utopia guys, don't worry about it.

Lock downs have also made some lazy ass teachers who never want to go back to the classroom, but still want a pay check.

posted on Jun, 9 2022 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

They tell us that german potatoes are more expensive in Germany right now because of the Ukraine situation. While this years harvest time didn´t even come and we buy potatoes from last years harvest, before the Ukraine BS. Somehow suddenly everything we need is up to 50%, even things we grow and produce here in Germany. That´s BS, they just use the Ukraine BS as excuse to fill their pockets.

I'm sure Germany has a lot of inflation like the rest of the world, but Germany is most likely being impacted by the Ukraine conflict more than most other nations. If I remember correctly, Russia has an oil pipeline going into Germany, but now Germany wants to reduce reliance on Russian oil. Since Germany relies heavily on imported oil, the price of fuel in Germany has probably increased much more than other places. And that price increase will go onto effect the cost of almost everything else due to the cost of transportation and other factors.

posted on Jun, 9 2022 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

Well, consider this:

There´s ¨cheese.¨
Then there´s ¨cheese food.¨
Then there´s ¨processed cheese food.¨

And the my favorite: ¨imitation processed cheese food.¨

That in hell is that? Is it, like, imitation imitation imitation cheese? Three times removed from cheese?

´Scuse me whilst I go barf!

posted on Jun, 9 2022 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

Imitation processed partially-hydrogenated fully-organic fair-trade vine-ripened flash-frozen non-nutritive food thing.

Does it come in orange?

*Twirling moustache* You'll be pleased to know sir, ALL our food things come exclusively in a shade of orange first developed by Kraft himself.

posted on Jun, 9 2022 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Don't you have cheese stores in the US?

Price of cheese going through the roof over here, you'd think your buying sandwich-gold!
Cheese stores sell their leftovers at discount prices, grate it yourself... best pizza topping ever!!!

posted on Jun, 9 2022 @ 02:52 PM
link   

The price of potatoes, and other veggies are going way up in Europe because of the fertilizer prizes and the energy crisis. Especially everything that is grown in greenhouses, it costs a fortune on electricity alone to keep them running. Same for the bread from bakers (the cost to run the ovens), and soon: meat and milk (cost to run the stables).

The Ukraine war is mostly influencing the grain products. Lot's of empty shelves in the stores and what is available went up in price and is limited per customer.
And the Fuel of course, today just over 2 euro/Liter

edit on 9-6-2022 by KindraLabelle2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2022 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: KindraLabelle2
Don't you have cheese stores in the US?

Price of cheese going through the roof over here, you'd think your buying sandwich-gold!
Cheese stores sell their leftovers at discount prices, grate it yourself... best pizza topping ever!!!

I literally live in the most Cheese Laden state there is Wisconsin!
The problem is most pizza chains try to make it as cheap as possible.

posted on Jun, 9 2022 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

The Price of Things

Blessed to be old enough to not need to buy anything except the bare essentials. I have a storage unit that I can't even remember what's in it; stuff I inherited from my inlaws, parents and grandparents.

I guess I better sell it on ebay before the $$$ collapses again.

posted on Jun, 9 2022 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv
a reply to: Ksihkehe

Well, consider this:

There´s ¨cheese.¨
Then there´s ¨cheese food.¨
Then there´s ¨processed cheese food.¨

And the my favorite: ¨imitation processed cheese food.¨

That in hell is that? Is it, like, imitation imitation imitation cheese? Three times removed from cheese?

´Scuse me whilst I go barf!

You forgot the fourth one,
whatever the heck was in MRE's. They called it cheese, but I know it wasn't. It looked like it and smelled like it, but I'm convinced it was some sort of plastic. I think imitation processed cheese food tasted like health compared to what was in the MRE's. My dad used to bring home loads of them when he came back from reforger exercises. At some point he would just stop eating. I remember how much weight he used to lose.

posted on Jun, 9 2022 @ 03:07 PM
link   

I know a bunch of farmers in the states cant use fertilizer right now because between the rise in cost of it and diesel they had to choose. So fuel won the contest so less will be produced after this growing season.

Yea things are going ugly fast.

posted on Jun, 9 2022 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

I literally live in the most Cheese Laden state there is Wisconsin!
The problem is most pizza chains try to make it as cheap as possible.

I don't think I ever tasted real American cheese

pizza chains... uch....
When I was a student I worked at pizza hut on weekends. It was around the time the cheesy crust came out. I had to put the cheese in the crust and it felt like a piece of plastic in my hands.
Things never change, just get more expensive

posted on Jun, 9 2022 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: KindraLabelle2

My first year of college I worked at Pizza hut.

We had a customer come in and smear his fecal matter all over the mens bathroom. They tried to get me to clean it. I said Heck NO! They eventually got the DISHWASHER dude to do it. It smelled so bad all the customers left the restaurant.
I quite shortly after.

Other than that incident our place was actually spotless. Not the best pizzas but it was as clean as a restaurant could get.

posted on Jun, 9 2022 @ 03:25 PM
link   

The price for my trash pickup is down, I told them I was switching and they dramatically lowered my price.

You can switch trash pick up?
We cant, the companies bid on territories.
The last switch cost went up $20. That was about 2yrs ago.

posted on Jun, 9 2022 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: KindraLabelle2

My first year of college I worked at Pizza hut.

We had a customer come in and smear his fecal matter all over the mens bathroom. They tried to get me to clean it. I said Heck NO! They eventually got the DISHWASHER dude to do it. It smelled so bad all the customers left the restaurant.
I quite shortly after.

Other than that incident our place was actually spotless. Not the best pizzas but it was as clean as a restaurant could get.

🤢🤮

That happened in my store a few years back, but the old man was sick and it was either the bathroom or the store... I made my husband clean it, lol

The pizza hut I worked in was pretty clean as well, it was a take-out only, they did a lot of inspections so cleaning the place was a big part of the job

posted on Jun, 9 2022 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Fuel has become so expensive here it’s hardly worth my time working if it’s more than 100 mile round trip.

I just did the conversions and in London it’s around $11.30 a gallon for diesel.

Don’t even get me started on electric and gas.

posted on Jun, 10 2022 @ 06:07 AM
link   
We shouldn´t forget that all that was planned long ago, the plans were leaked and of course this plan was a "silly conspiracy theory by some stupid tin foil hat nuts" and nothing else. And today?

Remember:

- Projected supply chain break downs, inventory shortages, large economic instability. Expected late Q2 2021. -
World Lockdown Plan Leaked

They are just a little behind their schedule. The Great Reset does a great job. Bad for us peasants.

Better be prepared!
Cheers

top topics

<< 1   >>

join