It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hero Mom Says Uvalde Police Threatened Her If She Did Not Stop Telling Her Story

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2022 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Sounds about right. In an attempt to CYA and keep attention away from their inactions, police threatened a mother who jumped the fence after being released from arrest to get her children out of the school while the gunman was still shooting!

Appears the Feds finally stormed the building against the will of the will of the Police Chief later. Of course they also waited about 30 minutes after arrival to do that.

Appears the locals are using a legal loophole to not release body cam and related information.

www.msn.com...

A mother who ran into Robb Elementary School to rescue her two children during the Uvalde school shooting accused law enforcement of threatening her to keep her from telling her story to the press.

Angeli Gomez said she was threatened by an officer who warned she would be charged with "obstruction of justice" if she did not stop telling her story. The charge would have serious consequences because she was on probation for a crime she said she committed nearly 10 years ago. She added that a local judge said there would be no legal repercussions for telling her story.

"You could hear the gunshots," Gomez said. "There was not one officer inside the school while I ran to my second son's class. There was not one officer. They could have saved many more lives. They could have gone into that classroom...they could have done something."

Federal customs agents DEFIED local Texas police chief to kill school shooter: SWAT team overruled dithering cops and burst into class to shoot gunman dead when he jumped out of closet after killing 19 children

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Texas, close legal loophole that could compromise transparency in Uvalde

Open records law blocks the release of police case files involving a dead suspect.

www.dallasnews.com...

The shifting narrative about the law enforcement response to the Uvalde school massacre leaves one dizzy and frustrated. Every day seems to bring a troubling revelation. Police records can help the public piece together what happened at the school, but we are worried that a state law might block efforts to get at the whole truth.

+8 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2022 @ 06:38 PM
link   
They stood around with their thumb up their ass while those children died and stopped parents from rushing in to do their job for them. Then, they stopped co operating with DPS and now they threaten a Mom who was saving her children.

They are playing CYA and I wouldn't be surprised to start seeing resignations before it all comes out.

Protocol be damned. You have to be a special type of coward to stand and listen to children die when you could have stopped it.

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2022 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Sounds like the police chief who made the decision to back off, instead of going in, is still calling the shots and trying to save his own skin.

It’s an absolute disgrace! Why hasn’t he resigned or been stood down already?

posted on Jun, 5 2022 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker
Pretty damn sad! The parents would go in, and risk their lives, for their children, but the armed trained police wouldn't. Also, pathetic border control took him out an hour after the police were there!

posted on Jun, 5 2022 @ 06:53 PM
link   
This particular police department is apparently run by self-serving, loathsome filth and it’s rank and file composed of spineless cowards.

I hope it sees a change in management in the very near future at the very least.

posted on Jun, 5 2022 @ 07:00 PM
link   

The actions by Chief Arredondo and the array of officers he suddenly directed — which grew to number more than 140, from local, state and federal agencies, including state troopers, sheriff’s deputies, constables and game wardens — are now the subject of overlapping investigations by the Texas Rangers, the Justice Department and the local district attorney’s office.

In cases where a shooting drags on, and more experienced departments establish themselves at the scene, control may sometimes be handed over to a larger department. That did not happen in Uvalde, officials have said.

NY Times

I think there should be a protocol where, federal/state agencies can simply assume command from local police leaders, if the situation warrants. Say, an ongoing school shooting lasting an hour, with a massive force of officers stationed outside, where the local police chief refuses to follow established protocol (i.e. active shooters should be engaged IMMEDIATELY to halt loss of life injury ASAP.)

I don't understand why the state troopers, homeland security, etc on scene didn't phone their superiors and find some way to remove this guy from command. If there is no legal basis to do so, in the face of incompetence/negligence, that should be remedied.

posted on Jun, 5 2022 @ 07:07 PM
link   

may i suggest that every one of those coppers receive
a small box/envelope containing 3 white feathers.
gutless wonders

posted on Jun, 5 2022 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
Sounds like the police chief who made the decision to back off, instead of going in, is still calling the shots and trying to save his own skin.

Kind of makes you wonder if the conspiracy theorists calling it staged aren't on to something.

I'm guessing the chief has a lot of liberal money helping him out with his convoluted release of the 'facts' and obstructing proper investigations.

It's a shame that mother who went in wasn't packing.....

posted on Jun, 5 2022 @ 09:09 PM
link   
The more we hear and the more we see, something rotten went down with the Uvalde PD, looks like a bunch of cowards and wimps.

posted on Jun, 5 2022 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Why?

Look to see what party he donates to.

One could say that his ideas on stopping school shootings are not terribly effective. He donates to anti-gun politicians and tells his officers to stand down while kids are executed. I'm sure with that kind of masterful leadership he'll be speaking on gun violence on the DC liberal circuit soon.

posted on Jun, 5 2022 @ 09:10 PM
link   

There are the Broward Cowards and now these effing cowardly clowns. They allowed children to be killed. All those onscene should be forced to turn in their badges and the Coward school chief of police, who just took a seat on their city council, shouls be put in stocks in the public square and then run out of town.

posted on Jun, 5 2022 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I am guessing that the Uvalde area is a very liberal or progressive political area, including many of those who are on the republican ticket. The actions of their police department leadership make me think that way.

That is just a guess, I have not researched it, but I used to lean liberal many years ago and that tends to be how liberals react. Maybe they were waiting for a psychiatrist to come on the job to talk to the shooter.

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 12:38 AM
link   
The Chief shares a name with an actor from another attack.

Carlos Arredondo, the conveniently placed, flag waving cowboy at the Boston Marathon.

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 04:01 AM
link   

i heard he is on the city council now.

no idea how or why...

anyone else hear that?

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 04:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: jarsue97

There are the Broward Cowards and now these effing cowardly clowns. They allowed children to be killed. All those onscene should be forced to turn in their badges and the Coward school chief of police, who just took a seat on their city council, shouls be put in stocks in the public square and then run out of town.

beat me to it

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 04:14 AM
link   
i really wouldn't want to be him or any of them.

who knows what some parents would do when they are at fault for waiting while their children are being murdered.

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Even trying to understand the entire department is impossible. Even if those officers were ordered to stand down, how could they do that? Am I the only one who thinks at least a few would have said, f-it, I'm going in, pay the consequences later? Baffled here. Children here!

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: vance

You'd really think at least one would be like "screw the orders, kids are getting killed". But apparently not.

Dunno where they found these people considering regular people were prepared to do what they weren't.

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: sarahvital

i heard he is on the city council now.

no idea how or why...

anyone else hear that?

You would be correct, here’s the article Linky

If I was a parent of a child in this district, I don’t even know what I would do with all the anger I have after everything that took place.

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I would not be surprised that futher investigations into this department uncover that this is just the latest Ina long string of mismanagement and downright criminal behavior by these LEOs

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join