It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monkeypox ‘Developing Worldwide’ Among Gay and Bisexual Men

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I already posted on this... day late a dollar short...lol

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

What were your thoughts on it?

Is it gay men primarily transmitting it? Was it bi curious men? Do you find it odd that someone would have a sexual encounter with someone physically showing disease? Is the gay men angle a joke because of statistics?

Where do you land?

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 02:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: litterbaux

What were your thoughts on it?

Is it gay men primarily transmitting it? Was it bi curious men? Do you find it odd that someone would have a sexual encounter with someone physically showing disease? Is the gay men angle a joke because of statistics?

Where do you land?

Like HIV it seems the ground zero person was gay. To spread it you need to pass it on through the oozing of sores, and the penis is one of the places on the body to get sores along with the hands. Gay men are also the highest risk group for STDs so it seems they typically do not care and can have many partners. The famous bath houses of the 80s in San Fran was were gay men went to have sex and they could easily have sex with many in one day. So its not a joke in the statistics.

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 02:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Backagain

It is doubtful that 89 is accurate. There are married men who have sex with men and still answer "not gay" when asked, even on official forms. It is clear the Earth is dishing out punishments to those who have chosen deviant fornication in spite of its dangers.

How is this even a big deal, dont this thing have a super high survival rate like the coof?

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 02:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

So you agree that you have to be extremely idiodic the pass this disease, from the disease holder to the the recipient.

Do we exist with people that are this stupid? If you answer yes to that, think about all of the other issues people take sides on.

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Backagain

originally posted by: dandandat2
8 billion people live in this world and we're worried about 190 people who can't keep it in their pants long enough to find out if the other guy is disease free?

You are correct! Some people want to blame this strictly on gay men! When out of 190 cases in Europe 89 were straight men. Men in general are pigs. Not just Gay men! If a man sees someone he wants, he goes for it!

Its understandable there is a link there; the same people sensationalizing Monkey Pox for political gain are the same people sensationalizing homosexual relationships for political gain.

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 09:47 AM
link   

a reply to: dandandat2

To be totally fair, especially considering monkeypox is not contagious in the incubation period, it's pretty gross that this is being spread. It's probably a good idea to not have sex with someone that has sores on their body, just saying.

You're right. I don't have sex with just anyone, but if I did I would make them strip down and go over every inch of skin and check their teeth.

lmao

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 10:31 AM
link   

So you agree that you have to be extremely idiodic the pass this disease, from the disease holder to the the recipient.

Do we exist with people that are this stupid? If you answer yes to that, think about all of the other issues people take sides on.

The interesting thing about people in general is they can be both brilliant or stupid depending on the situation. When it comes to sex the most brilliant can become an idiot in minutes. This also doesn't give stupid people a pass either, they still stupid in all they do.

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 10:38 AM
link   

I know a lot of straight people swiping let or right these days. It will spread among the promiscuous population. Sex with strangers requires close contact, which is how Monkey Pox is spread. A virus spread by close contact doesn't care if you are gay or straight.

What makes this different than HIV which outside of needle sharing, and maybe tainted blood supply in the past is that it required sex to spread. Pox in general does not though sex is a great way to get close to someone with it. It seems that Monkey Pox only appears in a few locations so not a whole body thing. One of the locations which is down right weird is the palms of your hands and that can spread it without the whole gay sex thing.

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutomateThis1v2

To be totally fair, especially considering monkeypox is not contagious in the incubation period, it's pretty gross that this is being spread. It's probably a good idea to not have sex with someone that has sores on their body, just saying.

You're right. I don't have sex with just anyone, but if I did I would make them strip down and go over every inch of skin and check their teeth.

lmao

Or get to know the person your planning to have sex with. Get an understanding of the risks involved.

This approach works for all STDs not just Monkey pox.

Lmao

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 02:22 PM
link   

lmao

Or get to know the person your planning to have sex with. Get an understanding of the risks involved.

Lmao

That post was sarcasm, but your post is naive.

Because as we all know when it comes to sex and relationships everyone is completely honest and gets tested before and after ever sexual encounter.

To make it clear for you. That previous sentence is also sarcasm.
edit on 4-6-2022 by AutomateThis1v2 because: spelling

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

I hope gay people are careful with their children. Next thing you know, spreading Monkey Pox at schools.🤡🌎

Little Kids tipping Drag Queens while the Dallas police let it happen inside of 21 and older bar

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 03:52 PM
link   
This very recent article dated 3 June 2022 points out:

The high proportion of initial cases diagnosed in this outbreak in persons who identify as gay, bisexual, or other MSM, might simply reflect an early introduction of monkeypox into interconnected social networks; this finding might also reflect ascertainment bias because of strong, established relationships between some MSM and clinical providers with robust STI services and broad knowledge of infectious diseases, including uncommon conditions. However, infections are often not confined to certain geographies or population groups; because close physical contact with infected persons can spread monkeypox, any person, irrespective of gender or sexual orientation, can acquire and spread monkeypox.

www.cdc.gov...

Incidentally, there was already a minor monkeypox outbreak in the US in 2003, allegedly from imported African rodents for the exotic pet trade. I assume these were cane rats, which then infected local prairie dogs. In parts of Africa they have been long hunted as food, and have recently been increasingly bred commercially for that purpose, presumably also to reduce the hunting of endangered wildlife species or "bush-meat":

In the savanna area of West Africa, people have traditionally captured wild cane rats and fattened them in captivity. More recently, intensive production of cane rats has been undertaken in countries such as Benin and Togo and agricultural extension services in Cameroon,[2] Côte d'Ivoire, Gabon, Ghana, Nigeria, Senegal, and the Democratic Republic of Congo have also encouraged farmers to rear these rodents in rural and peri-urban areas. Research carried out over the last two decades has allowed the selection and improvement of stock for captivity and much of the knowledge and techniques for cane rat breeding has been determined from work carried out at the Benin-Germany breeding station, which was established in the mid-1980s. Practical information is now more readily available for farmers interested in cane rat breeding, but training is still advised. Cane rats are not the most prolific of rodent species, but the high demand, attractive market price, and the small amount of investment required makes cane rats a suitable mini-livestock activity for income generation in many parts of West and Central Africa.

en.wikipedia.org...

I'm not sure what the current laws are importing cane rats or their products into the US and other Western nations. One would hope it's well regulated, because banning it in places with immigrant communities would result in unregulated black-markets. Although this outbreak may not be driven by cane rats (it is however mentioned as a risk and traceable factor), it's something to keep an eye on.

In South Africa it's traditionally eaten mainly in the KwaZulu Natal province along the tropical eastern coast, with it's vast sugar-cane fields (which is probably where an animal more closely related to a porcupine than a rat got it's common English name).

If there has been monkeypox in South Africa it must have passed under the radar until now, because I cannot find any information, despite the fact that we have 8 million HIV-positive people (certainly not confined to any sexual identity), and our borders to the rest of Africa are pretty porous. I only heard the government is keeping an eye on it, and we have some stored vaccines.

Apparently if you're of the generations that have been vaccinated against smallpox, you should already have 85 percent protection from monkeypox infections:

Because Monkeypox virus is closely related to the virus that causes smallpox, the smallpox vaccine can protect people from getting monkeypox. Past data from Africa suggests that the smallpox vaccine is at least 85% effective in preventing monkeypox.

www.cdc.gov...
edit on 4-6-2022 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 07:21 PM
link   

a reply to: M5xaz
Don't get "prissy" because you are PUSHING an agenda!
Out of 190 case's in Europe 89 are straight! Stop pushing your agenda! Also very homophobic. Got something to share with us?

You ARE prissy
And weak in basic math. Even going by your (dubious) numbers, 101/190=53% of cases are gay while the gay community is maybe 10% of general population, e.g. overrepresented.

Furthermore, mainstream medical reports have called Monkeypox "spread mostly amongst gay men"
Get upset at reality ?

From the OP's reference:
FROM THE CDC: "U.S. health officials are concerned about the pace monkeypox is “developing worldwide” and said they will launch an awareness effort targeting gay and bisexual men and their health care providers ahead of Pride Month starting next week.

This comes as 200 Massachusetts health care workers are being monitored as contacts of the man who was the first confirmed U.S. monkeypox case.

So far, almost all monkeypox cases linked to the new global outbreak share the characteristics of men who have sex with menwho have recently traveled overseas.

Is the CDC homophobic or factual ?

I am merely relaying the CDC's FACTS
You just don't like what the facts state unequivocally.
edit on 4-6-2022 by M5xaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

As it was in the Day's of Noah so shall it be at the coming of the Son of Man, to quote the bible but it could not be more apt.

The world has gone to hell on a bobsleigh.

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I could swear somebody was being satiric, but nope:

How Does Monkeypox Spread? New York City health officials published a list Friday night of the various ways that the monkeypox virus can spread during close contact with infected people, or materials that were used by an infected person.
Hugging, kissing and talking closely
Oral, anal or vaginal sex
Mutual masturbation
Touching fabrics or objects used by an infected person, like clothes, bedding, or towels

www.nbcnewyork.com...

Oops, left your snotty Covid face-mask (so last season) lying around again?
Well somebody's gotta pick it up you know.
Yeah a real boon to public health for bacteria and pestilence that fabric is, where it is still mandated (like indoor spaces in South Africa, for example)

I was so sick this week and wanted to check if it was Covid.
And at the testing station they were rather uninterested and said I can pay R300 for a possibly 15 minute test or R700 for an accurate 20-something hour result. And no, you can't claim it back from the medical aid, and must pay now in cash. I really got the feeling it's no longer the global pandemic of the day.

It's monkeypox now, I mean a change is as good as a holiday.

Tell me lies tell me sweet little lies ... just don't get too close ... try and confidentially whisper from across the street.

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 09:42 PM
link   

lmao

Lmao

That post was sarcasm, but your post is naive.

Because as we all know when it comes to sex and relationships everyone is completely honest and gets tested before and after ever sexual encounter.

To make it clear for you. That previous sentence is also sarcasm.

Whats naive about getting to know the person you have sex with first?

If they are the type to sleep around so much that they can't keep track if they have an STD or not ... don't have sex with them.

If they are not the type who are honest.... don't have sex with them.

If a person enjoys going to random bars and sleep with random people they can't realy be upset when you get Monkey Pox or any other STD.

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Well, they can be upset.
But so what, it doesn't really help. Does it?

Any more than being "upset" about clap or crabs, for that matter.

edit on 6/4/2022 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Might already be a thread, but saw this, and much too complex for me right now.

Nevertheless, felt I should share, the video title speaks for itself:
"NIH, Wuhan were working on monkeypox" by Dr. John Campbell.

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman

What are his qualifications to use the title "Dr?"

In what field is his degree? Infectious disease? Epidemiology?

edit on 6/4/2022 by Phage because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join