It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heavenly Jerusalem vs New Jerusalem

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2022 @ 01:22 PM
link   
A known poster on this website, RussianTroll, recently made a thread about Heavenly Jerusalem. I wanted to address his thread but felt it prudent to start a new thread for a particular reason. The information I will share is illegal in Russia. And I don't want to knowingly cause anyone in Russia to come to harm because of reading information on a public forum where they may be monitored, and where even just reading such information can put them on a watch-list, and eventually may even lead to their imprisonment.

To fully understand the symbolic import of New Jerusalem it would be good to know a little about its past and the meaning of the name.

Back before Israel was a nation, in fact even before Jacob whose name was changed to Israel was born, Abraham made an offering to Jehovah through the king-priest of Salem, Melchizedek for helping him slaughter the kings that had taken his family and all that he owned hostage. Some suggest that this Melchizedek was none other than Shem, the son of Noah. Whatever the case Melchizedek was the king-priest of Jehovah in the city of Salem. Salem means Peace. Later on king David conquered Mount Zion and took it from the Jebusites. Mount Zion was the very place where the city Salem used to be. Now it became the city of the king, or the "City of David" and was called Jerusalem meaning Possession of Twofold Peace. If you notice the name Jerusalem has the Hebrew salem which means peace, the original name of the city.

Now this is important because no king in Israel was a priest. The kingly tribe descended from Judah through king David. While no priest was king. The priestly tribe was through Levi, in Aaron's line.

Yet there was to come an heir to the throne, a descendant of David, in the line of Judah that would reign according to the manner of Melchizedek as both king and high priest. Such an arrangement was not allowed for in the Mosaic law, but was given as an oath sworn by God. We know who the offspring was who had the legal right to rule as king. It is none other than Jesus Christ, son of David. Concerning Jesus' rule we are told:

"So, too, the Christ did not glorify himself by becoming a high priest, but was glorified by the One who said to him: “You are my son; today I have become your father.”  As he also says in another place, “You are a priest forever in the manner of Mel·chizʹe·dek.”-Hebrews 5:5-6.

What is the prophetic symbol of this Melchizedek king-priest of Salem? We are further told:

"For this Mel·chizʹe·dek, king of Saʹlem, priest of the Most High God, met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings and blessed him, and Abraham gave him a tenth of everything. First, his name is translated “King of Righteousness,” and then also king of Saʹlem, that is, “King of Peace.” In being fatherless, motherless, without genealogy, having neither a beginning of days nor an end of life, but being made like the Son of God, he remains a priest for all time."-Hebrews 7:1-3.

So Melchizedek means "King of Righteousness" and his being king of Salem the city means he was also "King of Peace." These two titles fittingly represent Jesus Christ who is foretold in prophecy as the "Prince of Peace" that will rule over the earth with a belt of righteousness around his waist:

"And the rulership will rest on his shoulder. His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace."-Isaiah 9:6.

"Righteousness will be the belt around his waist, And faithfulness the belt of his hips."-Isaiah 11:5.

Now heavenly Jerusalem is referred to in Hebrews where we are told:

"But you have approached a Mount Zion and a city of the living God, heavenly Jerusalem, and myriads of angels in general assembly, and the congregation of the firstborn who have been enrolled in the heavens."-Hebrews 12:22-23.

What is this heavenly Jerusalem? It is very similar to the New Jerusalem also foretold in prophecy with but one variation.

About New Jerusalem we are told:

"And I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the former heaven and the former earth had passed away, and the sea is no more. I also saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God and prepared as a bride adorned for her husband."-Revelation 21:1-2.

As for the full understanding of this prophetic prophecy please see this thread.

In Hebrews we are told that "those enrolled heaven" with Jesus are on Mount Zion. Now remember Mount Zion was where the king-priest Melchizedek ruled from the city of Salem which later become the "City of David" known as Jerusalem, City of Two-Fold Peace. In Revelation 14:1 we are told the 144,000 who will reign with Jesus Christ as kings and priests are with Jesus Christ on Mount Zion:

"Then I saw, and look! the Lamb standing on Mount Zion, and with him 144,000 who have his name and the name of his Father written on their foreheads."-Revelation 14:1.

For a complete explanation of who the 144,000 are please see the thread I authored here.

The 144,000 are the New Jerusalem seen in Revelation 21:1. There she is seen as a bride adorned for her husband. The 144,000 is the anointed Christian congregation, anointed with holy spirit, and given the hope to go to heaven to rule with Jesus Christ in heavenly spirit bodies as kings and priests over the earth with Jesus Christ in the new world to come. Concerning the anointed Christian congregation we are told:

"I personally promised you in marriage to one husband that I might present you as a chaste virgin to the Christ."-2 Corinthians 11:2.

This "chaste virgin" the anointed Christian congregation, is the bride of Christ and she is New Jerusalem she is in heaven standing on Mount Zion with the Lamb, Jesus Christ. We are told the 144,000 are virgins. Why? Because they are "no part of the world." These anointed Christians do not involve themselves in the politics or wars of this world that is controlled by Satan the Devil (See this thread for further information on who really rules the world). Rather their allegiance is to Jesus' heavenly kingdom government that will soon come and crush all human rule and establish a righteous government of peace and righteousness that will rule over all the earth.

So New Jerusalem is the 144,000, the bride of Christ standing on Mount Zion in heaven with Jesus. Heavenly Jerusalem is the 144,000 plus Jesus Christ himself. So it is composed of 144,001 persons:

"But you have approached a Mount Zion and a city of the living God, heavenly Jerusalem, and myriads of angels in general assembly, and the congregation of the firstborn who have been enrolled in the heavens."-Hebrews 12:22-23.

edit on 1-6-2022 by randomuser because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2022 @ 01:22 PM
link   
There is actually a Psalm that foretells all of this in beautiful imagery and poetry for us. Psalm 45:

My heart is stirred by something good.
I say: “My song is about a king.”
May my tongue be the stylus of a skilled copyist.
 2 You are the most handsome of the sons of men.
Gracious speech flows from your lips.
That is why God has blessed you forever.
 3 Strap your sword on your side, O mighty one,
In your dignity and your splendor.
 4 And in your splendor go on to victory;
Ride in the cause of truth and humility and righteousness,
And your right hand will accomplish awe-inspiring things.
 5 Your arrows are sharp, making peoples fall before you;
They pierce the hearts of the king’s enemies.
 6 God is your throne forever and ever;
The scepter of your kingdom is a scepter of uprightness.
 7 You loved righteousness, and you hated wickedness.
That is why God, your God, has anointed you with the oil of exultation more than your companions.
 8 All your garments are scented with myrrh and aloeswood and cassia;
From the grand ivory palace, stringed instruments make you rejoice.
 9 The daughters of kings are among your ladies of honor.
The royal consort has taken her stand at your right hand, adorned in gold of Oʹphir.
10 Listen, O daughter, pay attention and incline your ear;
Forget your people and your father’s house.
11 And the king will long for your beauty,
For he is your lord,
So bow down to him.
12 The daughter of Tyre will come with a gift;
The wealthiest of men will seek your favor.
13 Inside the palace the king’s daughter is absolutely magnificent;
Her clothing is adorned with gold.
14 She will be brought to the king in richly woven garments.
The virgin companions following her are brought in before you.
15 They will be brought with rejoicing and joy;
They will enter into the king’s palace.
16 Your sons will take the place of your forefathers.
You will appoint them as princes in all the earth.
17 I will make your name known throughout all generations to come.
That is why peoples will praise you forever and ever.

This Psalm here is foretelling the rule of Jesus Christ (the son of man in vs 2) in heaven with his 144,000 whom he has called out of all the tribes and peoples and nations of the earth. Firstly he will ride forth in righteous warfare (vs 3-5) to war against and destroy all the rulers of the earth at Armageddon. Jesus will rule forever (vs 6). Verses 13-15 speak of the marriage of the Lamb to his bride, the 144,000. Revelation also speaks of this marriage:

"Let us rejoice and be overjoyed and give him glory, because the marriage of the Lamb has arrived and his wife has prepared herself. Yes, it has been granted to her to be clothed with bright, clean, fine linen—for the fine linen stands for the righteous acts of the holy ones.”-Revelation 19:7-8.

Heavenly Jerusalem. The real ruler that girds his hips with a belt of righteousness and will bring peace to the entire inhabited earth is Jesus Christ standing on Mount Zion in heaven. Along with his 144,000 co-rulers he will crush the kings to pieces on the day of his anger. Bringing to an end this old system in Satan's control. All 3 elements of Satan's old world, its political, commercial, and religious systems will be brought to their complete end. And then a righteous government of peace and righteousness governed by love will rule over the entire inhabited earth:

edit on 1-6-2022 by randomuser because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2022 @ 06:24 PM
link   
So what’s the bottom line?

posted on Jun, 1 2022 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: choomsuba
So what’s the bottom line?

Become a Jehovah witness and protect pedophiles from the legal system
estherharrison.net...
Destroying files of pedophiles in the congregation is common practice? Elders concealing offenses due to “church policy”? In other words, church policy enables pedophilia in congregations? The Jehovah’s Witnesses organization settled nine lawsuits — so far? A Judge recently fined the Jehovah’s Witnesses organization with $4,000 a day for hiding pedophile members.

Anyway, most Protestant churches believe Melchizedek was in fact Jesus.

top topics

join