It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monkeypox, the Revenge of the Boomer

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
I remember back in the day we used to have chicken pox parties, I wonder if that’s considered child abuse by todays standards?

The good old days, haha. Today's crowd? depends on who you are. Regular Joe - prison, sued, mild jail time, social media banishment for at least a year or two. If you are, however, a Kardashian...an award show will be developed in your honor for making your friends sick while wearing the trendiest fashion pj's.

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
I could be wrong but this infatuation with the dangers of monkeypox, while so many other more pertinent things are happening it seems maddening to even be discussing this.

Welcome to the internet....

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dae

Smallpox vaccine is live but it uses the vaccinia pox virus as its closely related and does the job. Before Vaccines people used to get cow pox and would be protected against small pox, cool huh

They took like 100 kids and swab them with cowpox to see what would happen and they lived and didn't get smallpox later, boy the old ways were so much better than today.

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Because Moderna already is working on a jab for monkey pox and they need to get as many old people to run for the jab when is available, actually most of the older generation do not need anything.

The same way they lie about covid, they will lie about the rare monkey pox.

because lets face it, that is what CDC is good about, liars big pharma lap dog pushers.

They already have one FDA approved from years ago, so Monkeypox is not new. The difference between Monkeypox and smallpox is Monkeypox comes from animals and smallpox is only in humans, that is why they could eructate it.

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1

Sounds like you're all set! Every site has contradictory information, so once again how will we ever know? CDC,FDA, Health. Gov, WHO, NIH each have some variant, and I wouldn't be surprised if Monkeypox becomes the new plandemic they decide the smallpox vaccine isn't effective, like 'the science' thought it would be- so line up and show us your arm!

I'm a little pissed as the Yellow Fever vaccine really sucks, so one time would have been plenty.

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruthJava

Can't remember if I got the smallpox vaccine or not, and both my parents are passed away so I can't ask them. I think I remember getting a shot in the arm in grade school (circa 1970-73?) but faintly remember it being the polio vaccine. Is that the one that left a circle on your arm? If it is...then crud.

You would have a small scar on your right arm... I would not worry much as my title was really just being snarky as COVID went after the old more than anyone else.

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ektar
What if you hv had the vax & also had the
chickenpox?

Cheers
Ektar

Are you a gay male? Asking for a friend....

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

NO!!!

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: iamhobo
The smallpox vaccine was still administered in military basic training --- at least until 2007 when I received it. Still have the arm scar.

Really that is interesting. With my 28 years in the service I have had no less than 50 vaccines. I filled up two of the old yellow vaccine records books. For years the only one required was Yellow Fever, but flying to ever sh!thole in the world I think I got like 5 a year for whatever.

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Is there a correlation small pox, monkeypox to chickenpox?
If so wouldn't someone that has had small pox jab & the
chickenpox extra protected?

Cheers
Ektar

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 11:57 PM
link   

NO!!!

Then you are safe.

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Is there a correlation small pox, monkeypox to chickenpox?
If so wouldn't someone that has had small pox jab & the
chickenpox extra protected?

Cheers
Ektar

No real clue, but they are all related at least at the level your body recognizes them. Lets add one to the list. I got the Shingles vaccine and that is basically old people chicken pox, so lets stack that one too on the deck. I think both of us are good though without the Monkeypox vaccine.

edit on 25-5-2022 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2022 @ 12:15 AM
link   

I am not worried & NO jabs for me.
Close friends had chicken pox when younger, got the shingles jab
& all have had terrible shingles.
Cheers
Ektar

posted on May, 25 2022 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Ravenwatcher

You want to know what happens when you're having furious anal sex and the lube runs dry? Or you have an infection that causes blood to come out in the ejaculate?

You think a guy at the bar or club is going to tell another guy that he has an infection? Guys are #ty. Doesn't matter if they're gay or straight.

posted on May, 25 2022 @ 01:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

Now this leads me to the final part in what happens when men who say they are straight come down with Monkeypox?

Just because they are straight it doesn't mean their boyfriend are.

Nowadays polyamorous relationships are the new trendy thing. So, it's pretty commin for straight dudes to cuck themselves out for their girlfriends to have multiple boyfriends.

Empowerment and all that as they say.

posted on May, 25 2022 @ 01:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: iamhobo
The smallpox vaccine was still administered in military basic training --- at least until 2007 when I received it. Still have the arm scar.

Really that is interesting. With my 28 years in the service I have had no less than 50 vaccines. I filled up two of the old yellow vaccine records books. For years the only one required was Yellow Fever, but flying to ever sh!thole in the world I think I got like 5 a year for whatever.

Meh. I got it when I was in the military. Never got a scar from it though.

posted on May, 25 2022 @ 05:51 AM
link   

NO!!!

However, as a prominent sheepherder here on ATS, you might watch out for

1. Sheep Diseases: Blue Tongue
Bluetongue is one of the most common sheep diseases. the disease causes fever up to 105F, swollen mucous membrane, mucopurulent nasal discharge, lacrimation, redness of coronary band, and muzzle; the tongue becomes bluish due to lack of oxygen. The pregnant sheep may abort due to this disease. Vaccination against the Bluetongue virus is available and is the only effective preventive measure.

2. Anthrax in Sheep
Anthrax in sheep is a most severe, febrile, acute bacterial disease caused by Bacillus anthrasis. The organism also affects cattle, goats, deer, antelopes, and even human beings. The disease causes high fever, anorexia, dullness, weakness, bloody diarrhea, and death due to shock. Most of the animals died before showing any clinical signs. The disease also causes swelling of the throat, respiratory distress, and anoxia. Vaccination against anthrax is the most effective way of prevention of anthrax in herds. Early diagnosis and treatment with potent antibiotics may reduce the death of animals.

3. ORF in Sheep
ORF of contagious pustular dermatitis in sheep is an infectious disease of sheep caused by the pox virus. The disease also affects other animals except for humans. The virus causes contagious dermatitis around the mouth, muzzle, head, hooves, and coronet. The affected sheep show off feed, fever, weakness, ocular discharge, skin lesions between the forelimbs and udder. The disease normally heals within few weeks after the development of self immunity. You can treat the disease with antibiotics and antihistamines.

4. Foot Rot in Sheep
Footrot or infectious pododermatitis is a highly infectious and contagious disease of sheep, goats, and cattle. The disease is caused by two types of anaerobic bacteria, Bacteroides melaninogenicus, and Fusobacterium necrophorum. The infection causes redness and swelling of interdigital space of sheep, necrosis, pain, and leads to lameness. The infection spread to the tendons and muscles of the legs and spread within the herd very rapidly. Hygienic sheep houses can manage the disease, praying antibiotic solutions to hoof, dipping, and parenteral antibiotic treatment.

5. Sheep Diseases: Rift Vally Fever (RVF)
Rift Vally Fever or RVF is a common zoonotic viral disease of sheep, goats, cattle, and camels in Sub-saharan African countries. The Rift Vally Fever is transmitted to humans by direct contact with infected animals’ blood, mucous, and excreta. Phlebovirus causes the disease under the Byaneavirales order. The disease causes ocular diseases, hemorrhagic fever, and encephalitis in humans. The disease is not severe in men. There are no specific clinical signs of the disease except the abortion in pregnant sheep.

6. Sheep Diseases: Sheep Pox
Sheep pox is one of the sheep’s most common viral diseases caused by the Sheeppox virus under the genus Capripox of the Poxviridae family. The disease causes fever and macules initially. After 24 hours of the infection of fever, the formation of the plaques in the wool-free areas of the body crusted, invaded by opportunistic bacteria, and turned into severe systemic infections. The disease causes severe economic losses in sheep farms. There is no effective treatment of the sheeppox virus, and vaccination is the most effective method of prevention of the disease.
Indian Sheep Breeds

7. Scrapie or Prion Disease in Sheep
Scrapie is an infectious disease of the nervous system of sheep and goats caused by a protein molecule called a prion. The name of the disease is taken from clinical signs that scrapie of the fleece of affected sheep against fence, rocks, or trees. The exact causes of spongiform encephalopathy are still unknown. The affected sheep transmit the disease by direct contact with healthy flocks. The clinical signs of the disease are changes of behavior, scrapie, ataxia, loss of wool, anorexia, lethargy, and death. There is no specific treatment for spongiform encephalopathy disease.

8. Pulmonary Adenomatosis in Sheep
Ovine Pulmonary Adematosis is a viral neoplastic disease of sheep and goats caused by Herpesvirus and retrovirus. The disease is found in Asia, Africa, Europe, and America in commercial sheep flocks. The disease causes malignant tumors in the lungs, respiratory distress, absence of fever, and at later stages, more than 60% of lungs are covered with tumors. There is no curative treatment available for the disease.

9. Ovine Progressive Interstitial Pneumonia
Progressive interstitial pneumonia in sheep is a chronic disease caused by lentiviruses. The disease is a chronic wasting disease that causes progressive paralysis and pelvic paresis. The viruses are found in the neutrophil, macrophages, monocytes, and lymphocytes and affect both humoral and cell-mediated immune responses of the affected animals. The disease mainly occurs in the older sheep of four years old and causes respiratory distress, coughing, dyspnea, depression, fever, and death.

10. Black Quarter in Sheep
Black disease or quarter ill is a highly fatal, infectious bacterial disease of sheep and all domestic animals caused by Clostridium chauvoei. The bacteria affected mainly healthy sheep and caused wasting of gluteal muscle, fever, weakness, chronic wasting, and sudden death. The disease can be prevented and controlled by vaccination and treatment after early diagnosis.

posted on May, 25 2022 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutomateThis1v2

Meh. I got it when I was in the military. Never got a scar from it though.

Much improved over the Smallpox gun they used in the days of old. It would put like 5 holes in your arm that would scab over after a while leaving a big scar. Basically Smallpox, but localized in your arm. The vaccine was also contagious and could spread if you touched it.

posted on May, 25 2022 @ 11:57 AM
link   

I remember that now. Yes, an odd scar.

Cheers

posted on May, 26 2022 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Bag of apples.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join