It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happened to Homemade Baby Formula?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

This doctor just posted some amazing facts. Baby Formula facts and homemade fix

7:52 mark is actual formula. Use black strap molasses not regular sugar. I would never recommend these otc formulas after learning what's in them!

edit on 14-5-2022 by UnifiedSerenity because: Added some info

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 12:40 PM
link   
The good old days where everything was simpler and better.

infant-mortality-rate

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Encia22

What memories... My Grandfather did the exact same thing with me.

Remember riding in the car on a parents lap in the DRIVERS seat!!! They had the beer in the little window hangy thing because there were no cup holders.
Them were the good days!!

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

You are correct in all your points. However, you left some things out:
  • The number of children now relying on the US government instead of their mothers is due to US immigration policy, which emphasizes open borders and a wonderful life for anyone who crosses that border illegally. The policy, implemented primarily by the Democratic Party, is the reason we have to do the Christian thing (which I agree with) and make a shortage worse.

• The lack of production is not completely on the companies. No company is required by law to make anything, nor do they even have to exist. They exist to make profit (as you rightly point out). However, it becomes difficult to make profit when construction of the facilities requires a multi-million-dollar "environmental impact study" (which may simply say no, you can't build here; better luck next time), operating a facility necessitates a massive tax burden compared to the rest of the world (making production so much cheaper in other countries that producers move out of the US necessitating import and making it harder to maintain safety standards), and workers have almost as much right to a company as the owners of said company, despite having no real skin in the game. These policies are all attributable to the Democratic leadership.

The one time we had a leader who was starting to fix some of these problems, he was thrown out of office over a rigged election and is still being hounded legally over false allegations a year later, all because he made mean tweets.
We have a choice: do we want to be dependent on other nations and get our feel-goodz in between crises, or do we want our country to have the things we need? We don't get it both ways. We made a choice, and this is one of the results. There will be others, and they will keep getting worse until we change our choices.

(Note: this is NOT a blanket endorsement of Republicans. Most of them are about as useful as tits on a boar hog. It is an endorsement of choosing leadership based on policies and whether they can/will accomplish them successfully, instead of party affiliation and empty promises which are never going to materialize and are only made to get into office.)

TheRedneck

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: dandandat2

infant-mortality-rate

It was simpler. The problem is that we humans don't like being bored (myself included)
So that means we jam every waking moment doing something, even if it seems as benign as scrolling through screens.
I think this is one thing making us so unhealthy. I think the human mind needs some complete bordom, just nothingness, complete stillness and rest.

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

However, it becomes difficult to make profit when construction of the facilities requires a multi-million-dollar "environmental impact study

True, keep in mind I worked at Big Pharma and was close to this but can't say much. I will say this, Look at how much big pharma is making. Nobody should feel sorry for them having to do a multi-million-dollar anything!

I also know how things are processed in other countries, NO THANKS.

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 12:57 PM
link   

I remember taking naps in the back window of Mom's 1976 Caprice Classic (land barge). Our seat belt was her arm if she saw a crash coming. I also remember riding in the back of a pickup truck, just because it was fun. Or riding back to the barn sitting atop a load of hay bales.

Somehow none of us died from those "good ol' days."

TheRedneck

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 01:01 PM
link   

At college, I approached the intellectual property section to ask some questions about inventions that were created off campus while in school. during the conversation, I found out that these people are super-protective about drug patents, almost to the point of being paranoid.

I respect your decision to keep specifics to yourself, but I seriously doubt you could divulge anything that would shock me. Big Pharma as been the enemy of the people for a very long time, laughing all the way to the bank as they watch the public attacking Big Oil, Big Box Stores, and anyone else they get a fixation on.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Or riding back to the barn sitting atop a load of hay bales.

One side of my family were active farmers. I remember the moment I knew farm kids were different.
We were moving bales of hay and my young cousin, around 12 could throw one, I was a weakling from the suburbs and could barely drag one. Then we played hide and seek in the barn. After that we walked through the corn fields to the homestead cemetary. It was creepy and there were grave robbers that dug up bodies and stole the jewelry off of the corpses. I wonder how hard up you have to be to do that? Then we would say hi to the neighbors. My aunt would take up to the store up the road to get some cocoa for cake. We would sit down to dinner and have fresh slaughtered chicken, and corn. So much corn. It was always weird eating chicken when you could see them outside, it never sat right with me. They were looking as if I were eating their friends.

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 01:03 PM
link   

I seriously doubt you could divulge anything that would shock me.

Shock maybe not, make you shake your head, for sure!

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 01:09 PM
link   

I have a running joke around here with my roosters. I wound up with 5 Rhode Island Red roosters last year (anyone want a rooster cheap?). I have 8 Isa Brown hens coming along this year, but they're not quite big enough to release yet.

Anyway, they're pretty mean and sometimes they'll try to take me on. I just stop, look at them, and start walking toward them saying things like, "I like butter. Do you like butter? I think I can arrange some at dinner tonight." They always scatter.

Used to have a fine old time with a Tom Turkey doing similar stuff... gotta get some more turkeys.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Why do you need baby formula I was raised with no running water and a out house In Tenn , I was given straight milk ,I remember my 1st taste of beer came from a baby bottle lol

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Seat belts?

I’ve driven a car that didn’t have turn signals nor brake lights. Or tail lights for that matter. Never drove a crank start, helped start a few for a parade, though.

I don’t recall having a sippy cup as a child. Those little green plastic Tupperware ones is what I remember. And a small three compartment stainless steel plate with rubber feet.

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: dandandat2

infant-mortality-rate

Ironically, childhood vaccination was one of the main drivers behind improved infant survival rates.

Then again, America has around the same infant mortality rate as former soviet block nations, it's pretty terrible due to the number of unplanned pregnancies and the expense of pre and post natal care.

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ravenwatcher
Why do you need baby formula I was raised with no running water and a out house In Tenn , I was given straight milk ,I remember my 1st taste of beer came from a baby bottle lol

That places you ... somewhere between 1922 and 2022?

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Nobody should feel sorry for them having to do a multi-million-dollar anything!

There's quite a big difference between CEOs and other execs making tens of millions, and the guys on the shop floor actually doing things. Big-Pharma still has its share of minimum wage slaves eking out a living on the breadline. Lab techs aren't much removed from interns these days. When you've got a room full of post grads who are still living with their parents because they can't afford to rent a 2 bedroom apartment between 6, you know that something isn't quite right.

There's a lot of good people getting a lot of grief these days.

When someone rides the bus in wearing a Starbucks uniform because they don't want people to know that they're with big pharma ....

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 02:19 PM
link   

I think the baby formula shortage is just a detraction.
Who is distracting from what is the question.

I know it's anecdotal but i don't know anyone that didn't breastfeed.
My whole life I thought formula was inferior stuff used by those that can't breastfeed for whatever reason.
Or by those that adopt newborns.

If the news is to be believed the entire country has starving babies just because the formula is low?
I don't believe that. And when I go to the store I see formula on the shelves. If it was in such high demand and low
quantity wouldn't the shelves be empty because all available was bought quickly?

I see this as fear mongering or distraction.

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: havok

My guess is pollution.

To many poisons in our water , food , air.
Our bodies can't cope fast enough.

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 02:35 PM
link   
you overlooked the poisoned minds, poisoned by pharma/street drugs/ et al

oh, the population of mothers that are forever on-a-buzz & incoherent enough to mess-up a 'formula' for the infant...

is probably ~ 50% on a bad day... thus resulting in increased ER treatments and stomach/bowel distress in young ones

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 02:42 PM
link   
My wife tried vigorously to breast feed. To the point of tear's many many nights. Numerous house visits from consultants. Pumping wouldn’t work either never anything more then a few ML. My son would latch but he would never be able to be satisfied. My wife was battling a blood infection after birth we found out and as a result he body wasn’t producing. It took many weeks and hospital visits for her to recover fully and she never was able to produce a proper quantity. She took it quite hard at the time.

It wasn’t in the cards for us. I am concerned about our future children if future availability is scarce. A home recipe for dire straights would be most handy.

<< 1    3  4 >>

join