It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sexual harassment investigation launched against 3 middle schoolers' wrong use of pronouns

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD
This type of thing is easily solved...don't talk to the individual at all. That's pretty simple and after a while not having any friends or social aspects of school they won't act like that. Problem solved no need to even argue!

Best answer in my opinion. There's no need to interact with these clowns. But, of course, even has its consequences. As these type prosecutions based on sexual harrasment ramp up, I would have to guess that it will have quite the chilling effect on personal interactions in the schools. That might not be a bad thing though. Nothing is gained by people who know nothing and can barely read/write taking to other people who know nothing and can barely read/write.

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I'll stick with my old standard of He, She or It.
There is no reasoning with these biology deniers so I prefer to offend away and let them have their emotional tail spins.

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: bluesman462002

I prefer What's er bucket.

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Personally, I think an interesting exercise would be for us to take about 5 or 6 of these busy-body Karens and activists who insist on specific pronouns, and sit them down, have them all draw random pronouns out of a hat, which is what they're demanding of random folks they meet and interact with, and then force them to have a sudden, spontaneous conversation in that grouping with one another over a randomly assigned personal topic so that they are force to have a pronoun heavy interaction. Make them do it for a period of minutes.

Then put them with another group, repeat the exercise.

Then reassign them to the first group, and make them do it all over again. Only this time, they have to recall the specific pronouns for everyone in the group and themselves.

Maybe then they'd start to get some idea of why this is so insane. I am pretty sure they rely as much as we all do on most everyone being he/him, she/her in a steady, predictable manner and not on actually having personal pronouns.

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: bluesman462002
DAMMIT i'm going to start calling people i know what's it's face.
this crap has gotten totally out of hand.
just total idiotic thinking from total IDIOTS.
On Second thought maybe i'll call people IT,THAT, or Whatever.

a reply to: infolurker

thing for a boy, or cousin it for a girl?

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: sarahvital

Or just train yourself to skip pronouns.

No pronouns at all would sound absurd, but so does using to many conflicting and off-putting ones. The purpose of a pronoun is to simplify speech and writing with a sort of shorthand, but when everyone has personal pronouns it negates that advantage because at that point, you may as well just use their personal name all over again.
edit on 14-5-2022 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Pull your kids out of public schools.

The LGBTQ+ people are trying to indoctrinate your children with dangerous sexual propaganda.

posted on May, 15 2022 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Can you imagine?

Friend 1: Where is Lisa?

Friend 2: She went to the market.

Friend 3: Why did you use that pronoun? Lisa says to use they/them when referring to...Lisa...

Friend 1" they/them? Why would Lisa want that?

Friend2: Don't use the word why, Eric says to use it as his pronoun.

Friend 1: But why is not a pronoun. It is an adverb.

Friend 3: Who cares?

Friend 2: Doesn't Paul want to be referred as "who" as his pronoun?

Friend 1: But who is a nominative pronoun... Ok, I think I need new friends...

posted on May, 16 2022 @ 12:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD
This type of thing is easily solved...don't talk to the individual at all. That's pretty simple and after a while not having any friends or social aspects of school they won't act like that. Problem solved no need to even argue!

100% agree.

i wouldn't even acknowledge them if they talked to me.

not even look at them.

who needs people like that in their lives?

it might be a bit passive aggressive. so what.

posted on May, 16 2022 @ 03:36 AM
link   
This doesn't sound like Sexual Harassment, but jut plain Harassment.

It's like some kid is named Andrew, but wants to be called Andy. But some people won't do it.

Doesn't sound Sexual to me. Just inconsiderate.

It will be interesting to see what happens.

posted on May, 16 2022 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Right now im just waiting for the "Demon" pronoun case to make it to the news. Should be good for a laugh.

posted on Dec, 8 2022 @ 05:48 AM
link   
I am very sorry that the situation with harassment has been brought to the point of absurdity, and therefore similar problems have arisen. And because of such investigations, they suffer from harassment or blackmail and are forced to keep silent about it. There was a situation in my life when I turned to digitalinvestigation.com... for harassment and from the fact that it is not connected in any way with pronouncing pronouns. I think the world has gone crazy, and now many people are trying to betray lies for the truth and the truth for a lie.
edit on 8-12-2022 by Scalamilano because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2023 @ 07:49 PM
link   
It's definitely a complex issue, but it's important to approach it with empathy and respect for everyone involved. It's crucial to create an inclusive environment where everyone feels comfortable and accepted.
While it's understandable to have concerns about language usage, it's essential to remember that using preferred pronouns is about respecting an individual's gender identity. It's not about destroying or controlling others. Instead of focusing on arguments against it, let's strive for open conversations and understanding.
If you're interested in learning more about online harassment and how to protect yourself or others, I recently came across a website at www.digitalforensics.com... that offers useful information.

posted on Jun, 13 2023 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: SimonJeffreson

I'm sorry, but pronoun usage prefers the personal pronouns of xe/xer, not it. It is dehumanizing and cold. Don't be cruel.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join