It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Netflix Announces Anti-Censorship Policy, Tells Woke Staff TO QUIT If They Don't Like It

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+25 more 
posted on May, 13 2022 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Looks like Netflix is sick of losing money both with subscribers getting sick of their woke content and spending money on woke content that nobody wants to watch. Hopefully they are catching on.

This is a good first step, tell your political activist employees that YOU are the boss!

I hope they may be returning to sanity.

jobs.netflix.com...

Not everyone will like—or agree with—everything on our service. While every title is different, we approach them based on the same set of principles: we support the artistic expression of the creators we choose to work with; we program for a diversity of audiences and tastes; and we let viewers decide what’s appropriate for them, versus having Netflix censor specific artists or voices.

As employees we support the principle that Netflix offers a diversity of stories, even if we find some titles counter to our own personal values. Depending on your role, you may need to work on titles you perceive to be harmful. If you’d find it hard to support our content breadth, Netflix may not be the best place for you.

Netflix Adds Anti-Censorship Section to Corporate Culture Memo

timcast.com...

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Yeah I love it!
I just made a thread in the Pit about this a few minutes ago.
It’s a shame for the Woke cult.

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 11:14 PM
link   

i don't buy it. wasn't it the ceo wife that was behind pushing all the blm and woke crap.

recently saw numerous pr gorilla campaign stating the new top gun isnt going to be woke. yet in the trailer there are signs of woke in the film and a leak was released stating they were looking for an anti white person to represent the film in the uk .

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 11:20 PM
link   

These global streaming services that acquired the rights to all your favorite shows and will sell you them back as monthly rentals for cheap don't appeal to me. It's like you get to binge watch Dynasty real time while you're paying to watch your liberties disappear under the global economy and politics rolling in.

+7 more 
posted on May, 13 2022 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Netflix showed Cuties and pushed pedophilia

I Will never renew my subscription but I will continue to illegally stream some of their stuff

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 11:23 PM
link   

When I cancelled earlier this year, I put the reason as "I've watched everything you have that I want to, and you just don't have anything else that I'd like to see."
edit on 13 5 2022 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: just4fun

I Will never renew my subscription but I will continue to illegally stream some of their stuff

Big companies like that get the most money out of you they can and then pay their employees like crap. I say rob em blind. Bravo

edit on CFri, 13 May 2022 23:28:43 -0500pm2022-05-13T23:28:43-05:00kpmFridaypm2022-05-13T23:28:43-05:00k by Crackalackin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 12:02 AM
link   

the new theme song for the woke folks,

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Couldn't care less. Once a company has gone woke , they're history for me. Doesn't matter how much they try to scramble back to get their lost subscribers to return.

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 04:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: just4fun

Didn't Netflix tell the whole World to "share your password"?

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 04:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: ConcernedCanadian

These global streaming services that acquired the rights to all your favorite shows and will sell you them back as monthly rentals for cheap don't appeal to me.

I can´t understand all that streaming stuff too, it makes absolutely no sense for me. Doesn`t matter if music or movies/series/documentaries. What if there is a internet failure for several hours, what if there is no mobile internet connection available (happens very often in Germany, depending on where you are, we are a third world country meanwhile in such things) while you want to "Spotify" or whatever crap the kids use nowadays to waste their money for no reason?

A year or two ago i had to buy a firestick and a VPN service because i wanted to watch stuff like BBC documentaries, History Channel and stuff like that here in Germany. Once i had the stick i bought such a netflix card with 25 Euros (simply because i was curious) so i had one month HD and the other two months no HD (as a first time customer, later it´s even more expensive). Then i noticed that i already own all the good stuff, looted it on my sailing tours shipping the seven seas (Arrr... xD), it´s all already stored on my hard discs. Available forever and for free and without being forced to use internet to watch something. Same for music.

I had three months and after one or two hours every second or third night in around three weeks there was nothing anymore that i could watch there. Everything full of that forced woke crap, comedy series which not once made me laugh but stop watching them after 10 minutes of the first episode because of that political correctness BS. I mean, i am born in the 1970´s and grew up with real action movies, really funny movies, real horror movies (and in real freedom compared to nowadays kids), with movies where every third word was an insult, where people were drinking and smoking all the time, had fights all the time and stuff like that. We watched all the Romero Zombie movies as 8 year old kids (i watched all these hooror movies even with my parents) and had a lot of fun. Jason, Michael Myers, Freddy Kruger etc were more heroes than shocker for us. And we all didn´t get mass murderers, psychopaths, cannibals or whatever. We just had a lot fun watching all that stuff as kids. It absolutely didn´t influence our later life.

And now they want to take my money to show me how i have to behave, feel and think??? Nice try...

After these nearly three weeks i knew that i will never pay again for any streaming BS where i have to pay for 90% of BS stuff that i won´t even look with my southern exit at. What a waste of money. I keep using my VPN, pay from time to time for a multi hoster like linksnappy (because i don´t like torrents) and pirate the seven seas. Always did it, will ever do it because it makes absolutely sense for me. Once stored it is mine forever and i don´t have to spend money on streaming services which use this money to teach me how i have to behave, think, feel etc.

My collection of series, movies, documentaries and music, exactly tailored to my taste, is huge enough (23TB and always growing) so i could open my own streaming services. Friends only have to bring a portable HD and can take whatever they want.

I really don´t understand how people own nothing and are happy with it!!!

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I think the Obamas have some kind of working relationship with Netflix, advisors or something like that, that explains a lot.

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 08:45 AM
link   

So will the Obamas still be producing dreck for Netflix?

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 08:54 AM
link   
It's About Damned time Someone Started making Sense.
Good Decision

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 12:59 PM
link   

This is the Silent Majority of Conservatives using there voice .

These woke fools are standing on a house of cards.

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Looks like their taking cues from musk on how to manipulate the right.

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: interupt42

Looks like their taking cues from musk on how to manipulate the right.

yeah its amazing how most people constantly fall for what the used car salesman is selling .

posted on May, 15 2022 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

of course you don't understand it.

you're dumb enough to be unaware that a single email to the right place may trigger a cascade of events ending up with police showing up at your place and confiscating "your" movies - and that would be the least of your problems at that point.

also, you're not paying for "90% of BS", you're paying for a choice. if there's even 0,1% that you wanna watch, that's still cheaper than cinema tickets for similar amount of hours of entertainment.

if there's nothing interesting there for you, noone forces you to pay.

also, official apps let you download content to watch it offline. you don't have to be always online, although in this day and age, if your internet is down for more than a couple of hours, you're likely f..ked in one way or another anyway.

at the very least, you wouldn't be able to post BS here.

posted on May, 15 2022 @ 10:40 AM
link   
So, are you apart of the ASLEEP culture? Which to New Age means unenlightened and a prisoner to subconscious programming? Well, kudos to you.

If Netflix thinks that, they are way off base. Subscribers are tired of there increasing costs and their inability to keep up with other services, including individual premium cable streaming services like HBO Max. They are famous for canceling home-grown shows after 3 seasons, despite fan fare.

This was written on the wall six months ago when they let go many writers who had uprooted themselves to work there. They are now being sued by some of these employees because they paid our crappy severance. But what do I know- I just know some of their writing staff. But go on OP.

posted on May, 15 2022 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Huh? Sounds more to me like they are telling conservative people they will have to work on shows with LGBT themes/characters...because in reality every show they make has one.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join