It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ministry Of Truth Director Wants Power To Edit Tweets

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on May, 11 2022 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I think we are going to learn the hard way, as a country, that when your government takes power, it never gives it back. Case in point, the ministry of truth (Yes, I know what the official name is, but I refuse to call it that) is a DHS agency. The DHS was originally created to combat "terrorism." As we saw, it continued to grow and take on new "responsibilities." Like all government agencies, they continue to grow overtime, unchecked. Last year the government spent over 6 trillion, while only taking in 3 trillion. It's easy to grow when you can just spend unlimited money and add unlimited debt.

In this brave new world, the real war is a psychological one. The government is able to take power by declaring that something is an issue of national security, or that it's a public health emergency. Now "misinformation" can be used for the justification of either. By giving people the "wrong" information, you could be aiding the enemy, or preventing them from taking a miracle vaccine. So whats the problem with having scary poppin's edit your tweets? It turns out that free speech is the absolute foundation of a democratic society, and when you lose that you might as well become China, because when that goes away so does your free will.

SOURCE

edit on 11-5-2022 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2022 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: v1rtu0s0

Who in their right mind would put this activist kook in charge of anything important?

edit on 11-5-2022 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2022 @ 11:25 AM
link   
So f twitter…..
Drop it, you know like the my space?

That or twitter can duke it out with the Biden administration.
Hey dnc, will you be editing newspapers prior to printing as well?

posted on May, 11 2022 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Dp
And not the good kind.
Apologies

edit on 11/5/2022 by shooterbrody because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2022 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

You mean they don't already pre-approve everything published now? Could have fooled me.

The grass is blue and the sky is green. Take that for some misinformation.

posted on May, 11 2022 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Ha. Wow. Biden could have done better than picking a party-line "strong woman" who wrote a book on fighting the male dominated online world.

Even if you're on the left you can tell how well this is going to go. Does not project ability to remain objective in 'appointed duties'. This censorship board is going to get torn to shreds.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

UK tabloid has the first go.
edit on 11-5-2022 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2022 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Who in their right mind would put this activist kook in charge of anything important?

Another kook. His name is Joe Biden.

posted on May, 11 2022 @ 12:24 PM
link   

That’s the thing, nobody in their right mind would put her in charge of anything.
No one in Biden’s dumpster fire administration is in their right mind.

edit on 11-5-2022 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2022 @ 12:28 PM
link   
She reminds me of Yang from the TV series Psych.

posted on May, 11 2022 @ 12:29 PM
link   
The entire ministry of truth is a big blatant disregard of privacy and on top of that is unconstitutional, unless the hypocrite Republicans are all in the communist and suppression bandwagon with the democrats this will never became any more than a big joke.

Just as well stamp a darn big swastika on the head of the wacko in charge along with Soros lap dog and also on the Republicans that will vote to fund this nazi tactics.
edit on 11-5-2022 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2022 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Ministry Of Truth Director Wants Power To Edit Tweets
Full Retard - Just that quick!

posted on May, 11 2022 @ 12:45 PM
link   

imagine if she was appointed by Trump, antifas will be all over her house burning it down

and by the way, she looks like Trudeau in disguise

posted on May, 11 2022 @ 12:49 PM
link   

The same Ministry Of Truth Director that supports the current thing in Ukraine and the right censorship of information.

posted on May, 11 2022 @ 12:53 PM
link   

I thought Elon Musk was going to save Twitter?
Could this move be a direct response to him buying it and supporting free speech?

posted on May, 11 2022 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany

Could this move be a direct response to him buying it and supporting free speech?

Its no coincidence that this was announced after it broke he was buying it. Twitter is one part of the big mouthpiece the dems/establishment use to push their narrative and propaganda.

posted on May, 11 2022 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I know this isn't going to sit well with certain types who enjoy clapping back on all manner of topics, but here's a suggestion that I promise is useful.

Don't react.

The more you react, the more it motivates them. The more angry and hostile and aggressive you become, regardless of principle, the more opportunities they have. Don't give them a chance to play victim. If they continue to create demons where demons don't exist, the lack of response will clear the fog and leave them wrestling with their own invisible paranoia.

Just don't react.

They'll hate it.

posted on May, 11 2022 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany

Of course it is.

He wants to save free speech, the DNC machine is just SO CLOSE to having full control of all media, effectively squashing free speech without technically violating the first.
So anyone stepping in to stop them must simply be silenced.

In this case, they just... violated the first. Not even in a sideways sort of way like Obama did. They're just straight up saying no, you can't say that if we disagree.

And the rest of the media is already under their control- so nobody with a voice is speaking out against this.

When your votes clearly don't matter,
and your speech against the corrupt votes is censored,
what do you do?
What CAN you do?

DC looks like a war zone for a reason. Those fences are for their protection, from us... because they know what comes next.

posted on May, 11 2022 @ 02:17 PM
link   

My current position is that there are two reasons for the current state of govt were in.

Apathy - For too long many just dont care or arent knowledgable enough to fully understand the mess.

Breakdown of the judiciary - Two tiered justice is prelavent and obvious. Once you are able to move past the above, you are left with little to no recourse.

posted on May, 11 2022 @ 02:22 PM
link   

the Biden administration will get the authority and republicans will help him.

The Constitution, Bill of Rights is meaningless now that they've openly stated that they'd violate the 1st Amendment.

This is what 81 million assholes voted for.

posted on May, 11 2022 @ 02:24 PM
link   

The United States Government has created an entirely new Federal Department ' Ministry of Truth ' because they are no longer in control of Twitter.

Lets unpack that , The United States Government is so afraid of people having a free voice on Twitter that they scramble together the " Ministry of Truth " and then demand that said ministry has editing powers of Twitter.

I'm not sure if this is Scary or Sad .

<<   2  3 >>

join