It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Driverless Car gets pulled over by Police

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 12:55 PM
link   
We are witnessing history right here.
This car was pulled over because it did not have it's lights on. The police stop it, and quickly realize nobody was in the car.
The car then starts up and pulls over to the side at a safer location (good thing it was a white car, sorry just a little bad humor there).
Tons of people are around with their cell phones laughing at the cops.

Apparently it was human error regarding the lights. I'm still curious if there was a ticket issued or not.
I wonder as there are more of these cars on the road how does that impact auto insurance, tickets etc...
What happens when a bird, or animal swoops down and causes a weird shadow and the car avoids it and hits something else.
Who or what is at fault?

www.nbcbayarea.com...

‘Ain't Nobody in It:' San Francisco Police Stop Self-Driving Car

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Inb4 demonic possessed vehicles committing automated manslaughter because reasons.

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 01:36 PM
link   
No ticket was issued ( I saw the news clip). This is hilarious. I'd like to have seen the police officers face, lol.

edit on 13-4-2022 by tinker9917 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Nailed it.

a reply to: TzarChasm

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I like the way it pulled over then made a break for it when the cops were out of their car .... then thought better of it and pulled over "it's a fair cop".

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Imagine if self refueling would be a thing, we could have cars wandering around highways aimlessly for months or even years, until some rich person get's note of the missing car and the gigantic bill.
edit on 13-4-2022 by TDDAgain because: some, not someone

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Cops were mad as they cant give a ticket to make quota!. Lol!

As these become more common, who will be responsible for paying tickets? And Im not talking about ride companies, but normal citizens who are having their car drive for them?

edit on 13-4-2022 by coop039 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Put it on the car manufacturer. If they want to implement the tech, then if it doesn’t work as intended they’re responsible.

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinker9917
No ticket was issued ( I saw the news clip). This is hilarious. I'd like to have seen the police officers face, lol.

Makes you wonder, if humans were driving would they get a ticket?

If yes, then I'm going to have to identify as a self driving car from now on 😁

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I am no legal expert but I think they could have disabled and tower the car for endangering the public. No driver so it is leagally abandoned. Could be claimed by hopever wants to do the paperwork and pay the tow and fine or crushed as scrap, it depends on state laws.

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: beyondknowledge
I am no legal expert but I think they could have disabled and tower the car for endangering the public. No driver so it is leagally abandoned. Could be claimed by hopever wants to do the paperwork and pay the tow and fine or crushed as scrap, it depends on state laws.

Should have been towed.

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Feels like more propaganda.

posted on Apr, 15 2022 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Driverless cars lack the contractual agreement to surrender rights to DMV.

Actually licensing is for commerce..

The govts have scammed people by convoluted definitions of driving... Which is an act of commerce..
To traveling.
At some point decades ago, supreme courts ruled in this way, was never overturned and the DMV changed definitions.

edit on 15 4 2022 by LastFirst because: Clarify point

join