It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Say Hello to Hyperinflation

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2022 @ 09:03 PM
link   
From the wikipage for hyperinflation:

Economists usually follow Cagan's description that hyperinflation occurs when the monthly inflation rate exceeds 50% (this is equivalent to a yearly rate of 12874.63%).

From tradingeconomics.com:

Annual inflation rate in the US likely accelerated to 7.9% in February of 2022

So that's not a monthly inflation rate, but an annual inflation rate (which is why I bolded the number from wikipedia you should be comparing with if you want to start talking about hyperinflation).

Inflation would have to increase more than 1600-fold before you can start talking about hyperinflation in the US.

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: FamCore

I agree, we are not fully there, but I truly believe we are a lot closer than some would like to believe.

Not all that close really. You still have a long way to go from 7.9% to 12874.63%.
edit on 4-4-2022 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2022 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

This is what Guillotines are good for.

Let the heads of the hedge fund managers, speculators, money laundering tax haven tax dodging corrupt politicians and corporate heads ROLL.

They think a little bit of lithium sprayed in the atmosphere and some gender bending chemicals in our water are going to make us so docile we will accept this.

Boy are they in for a shock.

OH fine I am being a bit dramatic but other than the tiny silver lining that bank notes will end up being worth less than toilette paper (allowing us to grace our various bottom's by forcing the various heads of state and monarchs to kiss were they never wanted to) I think we really need to strip the wealth from the corrupt elite whom are responsible for this once and for all and put it back into buoying our nations back up out of the quagmire they have created for us.
edit on 4-4-2022 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2022 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: nugget1

What's the point of that citation? It doesn't disprove what I posted earlier and this isn't a 'disagreement', what you posted was 100% erroneous.

This is all you posted when responding to my previous post( which was not specifically directed at you, BTW.)
'Railroad freight tons are 25% higher than they were 40 year ago.'

The point? Most things have increased far more than 25%, and reducing RR ability to ship goods means they don't have the ability to help cover for the lack of freight haulers. Is it really that hard for you to connect the dots and figure out it's all interconnected? Personally, I think there may be some other reason you seem to enjoy pointing out anything with my posts that don't align with your views.

posted on Dec, 19 2022 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grenade

I remember warning people about the same thing only to be met with arguments stating the pandemic would result in deflation. Funnily enough those same posters who followed me around the forum with criticism of my every opinion no longer show their face in threads I post in.

This is just from APRIL, look how much prices have changed from April to December. In my area a lot!

posted on Dec, 19 2022 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767

YOU will own nothing and be HAPPY or else.

But they will make your kinks free to indulge in so who cares?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join