It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Old Lady and The Weird Can of Coffee

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I was able to visit Chicago’s Chinatown recently. The place was pretty bustling. It was sad to see some places closed, but new openings for others. There is the original part of Chinatown that holds a lot of history and secrets. I’ve always found it very mysterious and it always evokes a lot of different feelings from me. Overall I get a good vibe.

My family and I wandered down the streets admiring the shops, and restaurants.
We came across a very old lady sitting on one of the side streets selling goods. She had weird looking pistachios, some fruit, and bags of dried goods. I saw some little bowls. She said, a dollar a piece. I grabbed four bowls and handed her $40. She was insistent I take more. I refused. I didn’t really want the bowls but I just wanted to give her some money but I knew she would not take charity.

The old lady sprung up like a spring chicken. She ran to a car and put some stuff in a grocery bag and demanded I take it. I couldn’t believe this old, sickly lady could even get up like that.
We left. We got to our hotel and looked at the contents of the bag, some bananas, a cantaloupe and a very weird tin of coffee. I’ve not seen a can like it. It’s not fancy, just different.

We were all mesmerized by this old lady. We’ve all come up with different stories about her and the coffee.
The lady is an angel testing to see who helps her or who looks away. Those that pass the test get magical coffee.
Perhaps the coffee has mysterious qualities to it. Maybe she beckons those that need it the most? Maybe it is just regular
Ol’ coffee and she wanted to make a buck… somehow to all of us this seemed the least believable! Ha

My two daughters were with me at the time and they too were completely captivated and enamored with is “grandma”.
My husband, who often does not care for beggars or street vendors had a completely softened heart for this woman.

Just a little weird story I wanted to share. Isn’t is funny how a total stranger can have such an impact on you.
The other weird thing, although the street was busy, it was as if we were the only ones that could see her, or made the choice to look at her. It was weird!

I will post a pic of the coffee tin and the bowls, maybe others can pick up something.

edit on 24-3-2022 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Lovely story and very well told.

I would attribute that to the Karma Fairy.

P

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Perhaps ET ?
I've heard stories of people who claimed to see ETs , out on the street, and that nobody else seemed to notice or see them, even though they were very strange and different and really stood out

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 04:40 AM
link   
This? Yeah. This is ATS.

Hope you’re well enough JAG

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Now I really want to see that coffee can...

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Really cool story/experience! But how was the coffee??

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 07:42 AM
link   

That is neat. Can’t wait to see the pics! She sounds like she has great pride and is also very appreciative.
I’m with New Here: did you try the coffee?

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
My family and I wandered down the streets admiring the shops, and restaurants.
We came across a very old lady sitting on one of the side streets selling goods. She had weird looking pistachios, some fruit, and bags of dried goods. I saw some little bowls. She said, a dollar a piece. I grabbed four bowls and handed her $40. She was insistent I take more. I refused. I didn’t really want the bowls but I just wanted to give her some money but I knew she would not take charity.

Great. Do you like Corona Virus? Because this is how we get Corona Virus. Maybe get a pangolin next.

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I love your story.

Looking forward to seeing this mystery can of coffee.

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: ancientlight
Perhaps ET ?
I've heard stories of people who claimed to see ETs , out on the street, and that nobody else seemed to notice or see them, even though they were very strange and different and really stood out

Really never heard that, but wouldn’t be surprised.
I really found it odd how she got up.
Just imagine a very sickly old lady, jump up from the concrete as if she was 20.
After she gave us the bag of goods we walked down the street. We came back up and I was watching, she was still there, and there were a lot of people walking the opposite way on the sidewalk and not a single person looked at her or that way…. Weird right?

The only other thing I could think of is that city people are so desensitized to homeless/beggars/hawkers that they literally do everything they can to ignore them.

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 01:59 PM
link   

It sounds like a classic 'Faerie' story - little old 'beggar' woman, who is in reality a good faery testing those who pass by....

...and if you show generosity/goodness of heart, you win a 'boon'.

Whenever you drink the coffee, wish for world peace - maybe it will happen!

posted on Mar, 26 2022 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Here's the coffee and the bowls.
When you first see the coffee doesn't it almost look like a can of Italian tomatoes? That's what I thought
it was at first. The bowls are the classic Chinese melamine bowls. Probably will give you cancer, but everything tastes good out of them.

posted on Mar, 30 2022 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Fresh roasted gourmet coffee since 1921, our S&W brand offers a wide variety of coffees to satisfy the needs of any coffee consumer. For almost 100 years, S&W has remained committed to offering nothing but the finest quality products available. The brand has earned the respect of consumers who know that S&W can be counted on to deliver quality. ​With over 20 offerings S&W is packaged in vacuum packed cans, one way valve bags, instant jars and food service packets.

Coffeeholding.com

Looks tasty. I feel like I’ve had their coffee at a hotel I stayed at once. I can’t remember how it was though…

join