It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Try this source for topics that may eventually find their way to this forum

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2022 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I've been visiting this website for years and I've enjoyed some of the author's articles. He writes, usually, indepth including many details that this forum's members have missed, E.g., the Betty and Barney Hill fake alien abduction case.

www.jasoncolavito.com...

I received the item below as an email.
• Vol. 20 • Issue 11 • March 13, 2021 •
News
I haven’t been writing much this past week. I’m committed to some work projects, which is reducing the time I have available. But it’s also not terribly exciting to see that the same nonsense keeps cycling around. On the heels of Avi Loeb’s recent and naively simplistic article claiming that the movie Arrival has lessons for how to communicate with space aliens, Loeb then announced that the director of the movie has teamed up with him to create a UFO documentary. Then, Diana Pasulka, fresh off claiming scientists are in touch with interdimensional poltergeists using a mysterious “technology,” signed a book deal with St. Martin’s Essentials for a new book on scientific “contact” with interdimensional beings. Afterward, Ross Coulthart promised that the truth about UFOs would be coming soon, and then announced that he, too, in negotiating a media deal for a U.S. UFO documentary TV series. See a theme?

posted on Mar, 14 2022 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing looks very interesting. Nice to see other perspectives of people I am not familiar with.

a reply to: idusmartias

posted on Mar, 14 2022 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: idusmartias

I've been visiting this website for years and I've enjoyed some of the author's articles. He writes, usually, indepth including many details that this forum's members have missed, E.g., the Betty and Barney Hill fake alien abduction case.

www.jasoncolavito.com...

I first saw Jason Colavito as a guest on Mick West's "podcast", TFTRH #53: Jason Colavito - UFOs and the Invisible College, How Did We Get Here?.

Jason explained that he was first interested in the ancient aliens ideas, and the reason he ended up studying the Bigelow etc "Invisible College" is because some of the same players were involved in UFOs as in ancient aliens (though I don't remember him saying specifically who).

Colavito and West talked about the "government disclosure is right around the corner" idea that has been around for at least 5 decades, and they don't seem to think it's right around the corner now any more than it was 5 decades ago...it's just history repeating itself, incredibly with some of the same players 5 decades later. Jacques Vallee and Hal Puthoff are mentioned along with Bigelow who features prominently in the discussion on not only his former interest in UFOs but also his interest in other paranormal topics like poltergeists (they mentioned Bigelow claims to no longer be interested in UFOs).

Colavito says that Ralph Bluementhal of the New York Times shaped the articles to make the interests of Bigelow etc seem less "out there", avoiding the topics like poltergeist research etc at Skinwalker ranch, which Blumenthal thought was too far off the mainstream for his NYT readers. Blumenthal is probably right, in that if the readers of the NYT article knew how far out there some of these things really were, they would be giving a lot more second thoughts to how absurd and unscientific some of it sounds.

I went to the link posted in the OP and read a few of Colavito's blog entries. Some are reviews of the "Ancient Aliens" (AA) TV shows, not surprising since Colavito says he's interested in the topic, but the reviews I read seemed to say the TV shows were full of factual inaccuracies to downright BS. I can agree with that assessment for the AA shows I've seen, but I find it hard to watch more of them when the show is so full of BS, so I tip my hat to Jason for having the patience to watch more of them and write detailed descriptions of how much BS is in the shows.

I found Jason Colavito an interesting source of information, even if I can't really understand how his interest in Ancient Aliens topic persists, when the AA TV shows he's reviewing are as full of BS as he writes in his reviews.

posted on Mar, 16 2022 @ 01:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur

originally posted by: idusmartias

(snip)
I went to the link posted in the OP and read a few of Colavito's blog entries. Some are reviews of the "Ancient Aliens" (AA) TV shows, not surprising since Colavito says he's interested in the topic, but the reviews I read seemed to say the TV shows were full of factual inaccuracies to downright BS. I can agree with that assessment for the AA shows I've seen, but I find it hard to watch more of them when the show is so full of BS, so I tip my hat to Jason for having the patience to watch more of them and write detailed descriptions of how much BS is in the shows.

I found Jason Colavito an interesting source of information, even if I can't really understand how his interest in Ancient Aliens topic persists, when the AA TV shows he's reviewing are as full of BS as he writes in his reviews.

I used to watch Ancient Aliens mainly for the locations they visited because I wanted to visit them also and the show provided me with cheap travel while sitting on my sofa. The "hair guy" (Giorgio A. Tsoukalos) always made me laugh as soon as he appeared. The others I considered total jerks who worshipped Erich von Däniken.

I enjoy Jason't articles that do not mention mythical religious persons or events, Ancient Aliens or James Dean's homosexuality. I also enjoy watching real experts take apart AA's fake "experts" and their ridiculous claims and phony knowledge.

We're on the same page on AAs.

posted on Mar, 16 2022 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Where can I find the information on Betty and Barney's abduction being fake?

posted on Mar, 16 2022 @ 04:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cambury

Betty's shrink, Dr Simon, just pointed out to Betty that her abduction tale was nearly identical to her own written description of her dream, and when he pointed this out to her, her response was that's it's not exactly the same because of a difference between steps versus a ramp, on how they boarded the UFO. Dr Simon said ok, maybe that's not identical, but don't you see that pretty much everything else is? Betty insisted that because of steps versus a ramp it wasn't the same thing, but it was clear to Dr Simon that her abduction story was the same as her dream otherwise.

I put this in Google search, and the first 4 results seem relevant to your question:

betty hill site:www.jasoncolavito.com...

Here's one of the links, which talks about how Betty wrote down a dream she had. Then she told a friend about it and Barney her husband overheard Betty's dream tale.

New Documents Offer Insight into Barney Hill's "Racial Paranoia" and His Alleged Alien Abduction

In the correspondence, Dr. Simon informs Klass that he believed that that “abduction” never happened and was instead the result of dreams that Betty Hill had after she and her husband saw a strange light in the sky. These dreams were similar to 1950s-era science fiction movies, and included a medical exam using techniques familiar from the era (the famous needle in the uterus account is essentially amniocentesis, a then decade-old but frightening technique due to its risk of miscarriage before ultrasound became standard), but they lacked many of the details that later emerged from Simon’s hypnosis sessions. (Her account of her dreams, said to be from November 1961 but not published until 1965, described the aliens as having noses like Jimmy Durante and dressed in Air Force-style uniforms—very different from Barney Hill’s version.) Simon concluded that Betty Hill’s dreams were the result of “anxiety” and that Barney Hill likely developed his abduction narrative from hearing his wife retell the story of her dreams. This much we already knew from The Interrupted Journey.

Colavito wrote that maybe 7 years ago. More recently, "Charlie Wiser" has published an account of what the strange light probably was, mentioned in Colavito's post "dreams that Betty Hill had after she and her husband saw a strange light in the sky".

Betty & Barney Hill

edit on 2022316 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Mar, 17 2022 @ 12:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur

originally posted by: Cambury

Betty's shrink, Dr Simon, just pointed out to Betty that her abduction tale was nearly identical to her own written description of her dream, and when he pointed this out to her, her response was that's it's not exactly the same because of a difference between steps versus a ramp, on how they boarded the UFO. Dr Simon said ok, maybe that's not identical, but don't you see that pretty much everything else is? Betty insisted that because of steps versus a ramp it wasn't the same thing, but it was clear to Dr Simon that her abduction story was the same as her dream otherwise.

I put this in Google search, and the first 4 results seem relevant to your question:

betty hill site:www.jasoncolavito.com...

Here's one of the links, which talks about how Betty wrote down a dream she had. Then she told a friend about it and Barney her husband overheard Betty's dream tale.

New Documents Offer Insight into Barney Hill's "Racial Paranoia" and His Alleged Alien Abduction

In the correspondence, Dr. Simon informs Klass that he believed that that “abduction” never happened and was instead the result of dreams that Betty Hill had after she and her husband saw a strange light in the sky. These dreams were similar to 1950s-era science fiction movies, and included a medical exam using techniques familiar from the era (the famous needle in the uterus account is essentially amniocentesis, a then decade-old but frightening technique due to its risk of miscarriage before ultrasound became standard), but they lacked many of the details that later emerged from Simon’s hypnosis sessions. (Her account of her dreams, said to be from November 1961 but not published until 1965, described the aliens as having noses like Jimmy Durante and dressed in Air Force-style uniforms—very different from Barney Hill’s version.) Simon concluded that Betty Hill’s dreams were the result of “anxiety” and that Barney Hill likely developed his abduction narrative from hearing his wife retell the story of her dreams. This much we already knew from The Interrupted Journey.

Colavito wrote that maybe 7 years ago. More recently, "Charlie Wiser" has published an account of what the strange light probably was, mentioned in Colavito's post "dreams that Betty Hill had after she and her husband saw a strange light in the sky".

Betty & Barney Hill

Here's another debunking article:
The Eyes that Spoke - Martin Kottmeyer
skepticalinquirer.org...

Additionally, and I can't provide links because I read the book " The Interrupted Journey" by John G. Fuller in 1966 and it led me to find out more about the Hills because I also traveled on the road they did 'cause I was stationed at Pease Air Force Base until 1959, Betty was very active with UFO groups, was constantly communicating with all sorts of officials, etc. She was not an innocent bystander. And, of course, Barney had an attitude because of his mixed marriage always getting looks from strangers. Such details were more numerous at the beginning and are not as easy to find unless you rely on the sources that Arbitrageur mentions and others.

top topics

join