It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Accidentally fired missile into Pakistan due to tech glitch, says India. ‘It was BrahMos’

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Never a good time to launch a missile "accidentally" doing so now, in one of the hot spots of the world, is not good. No injuries, hopefully, Pakistan is understanding.

theprint.in...

Accidentally fired a missile into Pakistan due to tech glitch, says India. ‘It was BrahMos supersonic cruise missile. ’

India Friday said malfunction in the ‘course of routine maintenance’ had caused missile to be launched into Pakistan Wednesday. Govt has ordered high-level court of inquiry

New Delhi: India Friday confirmed that a missile had entered Pakistan from India Wednesday due to “accidental firing” caused by “a technical malfunction” in the “course of routine maintenance”. Sources said this was a BrahMos supersonic cruise missile.

“On 9 March 2022, in the course of routine maintenance, a technical malfunction led to the accidental firing of a missile. The Government of India has taken a serious view and ordered a high-level court of inquiry,” the Ministry of Defence said in a statement.

The MoD added that the missile landed in an area of Pakistan.

edit on 11-3-2022 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

And earlier today:

Soviet Era Drone Crashes In Croatian Capital

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 11:46 AM
link   

I'll offer the answer my kids would give me when doing something wrong and being caught for it.

I'll clear my throat, and try to sound authoritative,

"My bad"

that is all.
It is nice that this hasn't triggered the Global Thermal Nuclear War so many are on edge about these days, at least not yet.

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Bit of a pucker factor on that one. I think if we could go 24 hours without something crazy like this happening I would sleep a lot better.

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Hopefully it wasn't skynet! All jokes aside did Pakistan say anything about it yet?

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Here's How China Made Pakistan Into a Military Powerhouse (March 2020)

Key point: Pakistan's weapons are no joke and China helped them get there. Here's all the different assistance that Beijing has rendered over the years.

As Pakistan’s relationship has soured with the United States in the past two decades, Pakistan’s armed forces have largely looked towards Chinese suppliers for equipment. While China has long supplied Pakistan’s armed forces, the relationship has deepened in recent years, with Pakistan making major purchases of top-of-the-line Chinese export equipment.

China Arms Pakistan With ‘Nuclear-Capable’ Howitzers That Can ‘Devastate’ Indian Cities Close To Its Border? (Jan 2022)

China’s Power Move Against India

The provision of conventional weapon systems, fighter aircraft, destroyers, and even the willingness to provide the DF-17 hypersonic missile to counter India’s most recent acquisition, the S-400 air defense system, are all part of Beijing’s long-term strategy to keep Rawalpindi GHQ in a state of perpetual confrontation with India, according to Hindustan Times.

According to an earlier report by the EurAsian Times – the Sh-15 Howitzer could be made nuclear-capable if Pakistan’s attempts to miniaturize its nuclear weapons are successful.
Oh no, Atomic Annie.

Pakistan Army Artillery Corps: SH-15 155mm SPG Howitzer

The Modern Silk road project (water and land setup):

China’s $900 billion New Silk Road. What you need to know (WEF article from June 2017)

The aim of the $900 billion scheme, as China explained recently, is to kindle a “new era of globalization”, a golden age of commerce that will benefit all. Beijing says it will ultimately lend as much as $8 trillion for infrastructure in 68 countries. That adds up to as much as 65% of the global population and a third of global GDP, according to the global consultancy McKinsey.

The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank, which was launched in January 2016, has authorized capital of $100 billion. $20 billion will be paid-in capital from 80 shareholders, of which China is the largest with a 28% share.

That bank was noted by Henry Kissinger as a key piece in winning, controlling Eurasia on the Grand Chessboard.

CGCC 2017 Annual Gala—Dr. Henry Kissinger — Speech (Jan 12, 2017)
www.youtube.com...

"China's Belt & Road Initiative in seeking to connect China to central Asia and eventually to Europe will have the practical significance of shifting the world center of gravity from the Atlantic (America) to the Pacific (China). And will involve the cultures of Eurasia, each of whom will have to decide what relationship to this region. They will seek and so will the United States. This is why many of us urge the United States to join the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank when it was proposed by China."
— Henry Kissinger

As of March 2022, the total number of countries approved for membership of AIIB is 100+. The USA is NOT a member, but Canada, Germany, France, Italy, UK, Australia, New Zealand, India, Israel, are members.

There are reports China is building military bases along this newly created "Silk Road" - a story much as the likes of the Roman Empire had back in the day, this "road" would extend all the way up to Turkey.

Meanwhile...

China is cautioning against the U.S. supporting Taiwan and trying to build a Pacific version of NATO as the crisis in Ukraine draws renewed attention to the status of the Asian island.

Also on Monday, Wang referred to China's relationship with Russia as “one of the most crucial bilateral relationships in the world."
The Hill

Lots of moving pieces on the Grand Chessboard and we're not even 90 days into 2022.😳🙃

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Australia are playing cricket in Pakistan, it will be more important than a missile mistake from India
It’s cricket after all

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Australia are playing cricket in Pakistan, it will be more important than a missile mistake from India
It’s cricket after all

Who would expect Australia to give a crap? they are too busy playing fascist land down under

Pakistanis are much more likely to be upset and they are..

dailypakistan.com.pk...

Pakistan lodges strong protest over the violation of its airspace by a ‘super-sonic flying object’ of Indian origin.
“Such irresponsible incidents were also reflective of India’s disregard for Air safety and callousness towards regional peace and stability.”

Pakistan called for a thorough and transparent investigation of the incident, the outcome of which must be shared with Pakistan.

Pakistan cautioned the Government of India to be mindful of the unpleasant consequences of such negligence and take effective measures to avoid the recurrence of such violations in the future, the statement said.

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Maybe India was gauging the air defense and early warning radars of Pakistan.
Putting out a feeler to get ready when things start popping in other places.

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hypntick

Bit of a pucker factor on that one. I think if we could go 24 hours without something crazy like this happening I would sleep a lot better.

It just seems like a lot of things happening all at once doesn't it?

or am I being just hyper aware?

probably a bit of both

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 04:36 PM
link   

We're one firecracker away from WW3.

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Australia playing cricket in Pakistan against Pakistan would be grabbing all the media attention, not unlike Ukraine and the virus
People will be more interested in cricket
I don’t know what’s in your head and what you are reasoning, don’t really care either

join