It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Covid and Lock Downs the Best Thing to Happen To this Generation

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

Oh I still went about life without to much fuss, just work shut down for 2 weeks so I got to spend extra time with my son which was a win.

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: JAGStorm

If you weren't making time for family and pets and friends before Covid then you're pretty much a fail.

Don't thank government over-reach and authoritarian mandates for "reconnecting".

Hopefully everyone does make time, but…
A person working from home vs the office has much more opportunity. A lot more.
No commute, even 10 -15 min breaks throughout the day.. Or lunch. It’s totally not the same.

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 01:45 AM
link   
As many have already pointed out, thousands of people went to work from the start of the pandemic onward, in order for the food, materials, etc. to get made, delivered, and sold so that thousands could stay home. Until the machines take over, there's no other option. I'm not certain when the idea began that everyone got to "stay home" for two years; particularly when considered on a global scale, most did not. However, considering that workers in the U.S. work longer hours, for far less vacation time, than many of our Western counterpoints, one good thing that "may" come out of this is a larger societal shift whereby work time is in better balance with the rest of life time. However, it won't be worth a damn if it only applies to the same folks who got to stay home for two years. a reply to: JAGStorm

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 02:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

If you can work remotely, then an Indian can do your job for a fraction of the pay.

This is already outdated thinking, companies have figured out its not enough of a savings now and are starting to reel things in.

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 02:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: RedKaliBlack
As many have already pointed out, thousands of people went to work from the start of the pandemic onward, in order for the food, materials, etc. to get made, delivered, and sold so that thousands could stay home. Until the machines take over, there's no other option. I'm not certain when the idea began that everyone got to "stay home" for two years; particularly when considered on a global scale, most did not. However, considering that workers in the U.S. work longer hours, for far less vacation time, than many of our Western counterpoints, one good thing that "may" come out of this is a larger societal shift whereby work time is in better balance with the rest of life time. However, it won't be worth a damn if it only applies to the same folks who got to stay home for two years. a reply to: JAGStorm

The sentiment on here isn’t that work from home isn’t good, it’s that it isn’t fair who got to do it.
That in itself tells me more people would jump at the chance if it was available.
Like I said maybe this is a paradigm shift, and yes I do think robots/AI will be a part of it

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Been a bit of a gang rape prison beating as a comparison. Misery does love company.

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 07:05 AM
link   

The loss of social interactions alone made it 100% not worth it.

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I was fortunate to get a job delivering meals, groceries and services to the elderly and disabled during the lock down. I was hired by the Village council. It was wonderful but I'm happier working union gigs with my community of creative media geeks. I'm at work now...
edit on 7-3-2022 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

If you weren't making time for family and pets and friends before Covid then you're pretty much a fail.

Don't thank government over-reach and authoritarian mandates for "reconnecting".

I dont think its a fail. People work 40+ and come home to other chores. Sure theres time on the weekend, but many times weekend time is spent doing stuff you didnt have time during the week to do.

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I would like to also mention that time with family is a bust. I haven't seen extended family since this started. There have been some isolated visits here and there but always strained.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join