It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Covid and Lock Downs the Best Thing to Happen To this Generation

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Crazy right, maybe not.

We’ve called it the Rat Race for a long time and many of us were sick of it. Then this weird thing called Covid happened and we all were stuck home. For many, it was scary at first, then it was……………AWESOME.

Time for family
Time for Pets
Time for Hobbies like Gardening, cooking, fitness..
Time for improving yourself
Saving Money by not commuting and not having to pay for lunches out
Being less stressed due to no commute or in office meetings

All while working from home, and actually get more work done without the office gossip, micromanagement and other nonsense that comes with being there.

Turns out, a lot of of people loved it and will not go back.
But now “they” are worried, the leash got loose and we don’t want it back on. Maybe we’ll never go back!

www.theglobeandmail.com...

That tracked Biden’s speech statement, “Tonight, I can say we are moving forward safely, back to more normal routines. It’s time for Americans to get back to work and fill our great downtowns again.”

Some people started to trickle back in, but now with gas prices soaring, I think that is just another check mark for working from home.
Companies are now realizing that they have to be flexible with this because they ARE losing employees to other companies that allow it.

We are seeing a whole paradigm shift.
I love it!

Until the refugees come in and take those jobs! 😳

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I have been working from home for over 2yrs now and my company is now just starting to talk about us coming back from time to time (like once a week). It just feels odd. I also have a job where we really don’t need to be in the office. 2yrs is a long time.

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Beware,if you can work from home via computer,an Indian or Chinese can do you job from anywhere in the globe for $1 an hour.

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 06:04 PM
link   
And those that had to work through the entire pandemic?

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

It was the best way to destroy the emerging economic freedom Americans were feeling for a long time, it was more small businesses thriving than ever before.

But nope, that can not happen, the slaves need to stay slaves and dependent on government.

All those small minorities that were thriving before covid will never comeback to live the failures all over again.

All because a lie.

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Too many people lost their jobs, and the ones who were fortunate enough to work from home had too high a stress level over their future to really enjoy it.
Kids thought no school was great for a week or two, then went into prolonged stress loads they didn't have the emotional development to deal with.
I thing the negative effects of the last two years are far greater than any positive the average person was able to squeeze out of it.....for all ages.

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 06:16 PM
link   
If I had a multi axis 1.5million dollar mill in my living room I still wouldn’t work from home, I like the dingy smell of the shop and end of shift degreasing myself in the company bathroom before coming home and effing up mine.

My work really is my only real social time and fortunately for me it’s shared with like minded people that like to build 💩

The covid got the big 🖕 from my company since it’s inception, we didn’t close, we didn’t shut anything down, what happened to us was we got more work then ever before.

All the stay at home workers suck

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 06:42 PM
link   
It crippled the economy, so I would hardly say it was the best thing to happen for anyone.

Especially not if you were one of the silent millions living from paycheck to paycheck and now unable to work. Stuck inside a tiny plasterboard box all day, every day, with screaming kids and an abusive spouse. No money, no freedom.

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Bit hard to be a mechanic from home. Or a construction worker, plumber, hairdresser, photographer, electrician, saw Miller, butcher etc etc

These claims are pretentious ones made by those who forget that not everybody is an office worker with the luxury of being able to do that work from anywhere.

For the record I do have that luxury although come from a very blue collar background including many strenuous physical jobs and am much more culturally aligned to that segment of society than the latte loving cyclists of the corporate world.

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 06:59 PM
link   
If you can work remotely, then an Indian can do your job for a fraction of the pay. This will lead to yet another industry destruction like what happened to manufacturing. If I can think of that then the people at the top thought of it long ago. No doubt the lockdowns themselves were in part a test of the feasibility of this.

The lockdown was perhaps one of the single greatest transfers of wealth in history. With certain particularly contemptible individuals who were worth 30-50 billion dollars (an obscene amount of wealth) 2 years ago now worth well over 100 billion dollars (an outrageous amount of wealth). Naturally this came from the poor and middle classes, as always, with the dubious distinction of the middle class shrinking due to their businesses going bankrupt due to lack of support. The multinational megacorp monopolies became even more powerful.

History will not be kind to this period, i think. Not kind at all.

edit on 632022 by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I was fortunate, but many were not. A lot of people have jobs that depend on being able to go and do, and if you are locked down, you cannot go and do. What were they supposed to do?

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Can't relate. I went to work every day.

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Those that worked during the pandemic are the new serfs. Our lives were not valuable enough to get to stay home with Whitey. That’s when I knew COVID was total BS. Us “essential workers” are the modern day slaves on the same plantation. a reply to: JinMI

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
Can't relate. I went to work every day.

Boom what you said, drop the mic homie

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Looking at the whole stay at home crap, it was meant to destroy the small business, not the big companies, but the small business, that is why this was done.

Those running the nation is not about Americans been prosperous but making them become nothing but more dependent on the system.

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Devil's advocate - lockdowns = loss of employment & self-sustainability for many, increased alcoholism, substance abuse, depression, anxiety, sexual & domestic abuse, suicidal tendencies/actions, isolation, self-harm, paranoia, the list goes on.

Just taking the other side of this OP because I'm sure these were also outcomes resulting from government-mandated lockdowns/shutdowns.

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 07:23 PM
link   

If you weren't making time for family and pets and friends before Covid then you're pretty much a fail.

Don't thank government over-reach and authoritarian mandates for "reconnecting".

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 08:36 PM
link   

I can see your point and agree (up to a point).
Problem is that klaus shwabby wrote about working from home in his book 'covid-19 the great reset'.
That how we'll all be ONLY working from home , you know to 'save the environment for the greater good '

Who knows why this mad idiot wants that, but it's not for the environment and definitely not for 'the greater good'

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Terrible for the economy, terrible for the teachers unions, good that some folks got to spend more time with their families.

I was another that worked almost every day after the initial 2 weeks to flatten the curve.

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
Terrible for the economy, terrible for the teachers unions, good that some folks got to spend more time with their families.

I was another that worked almost every day after the initial 2 weeks to flatten the curve.

You got 2 weeks? I got nothing. There was no lockdown. Closing bars and salons is not a lockdown. We in America were free to leave their house the entire time.
edit on 6-3-2022 by LordAhriman because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join