It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disney Star Wars Hotel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Has anyone else seen the new Disney Land Star Wars Hotel?
It opens today to the public.
But there has been a few media stays for reviews to create hype.

Its expensive. Like $5000 to for a 2 night stay. But its a complete Star Wars Larp or AG, experience
You complete missions and do all sorts of things to keep you entertained for the duration of your "Space Cruise."
You can do first order missions, or rebel missions all with the help of a data pad.

There are no windows. Just screens that have a space display on them.
However there is an outdoor "Climate Simulator" that allows you to breath some fresh air.

The actual room you stay in is small. A queen sized bed and a bunk bed.
But it has some pretty cool voice activated tech.

This woman was invited to take part and she recorded the experience.
Skim through to see some of the interesting locals inside the "ship"

The only complaints ive seen are the price point for this and the fact that if you dont play along with the Larp, then your going to end up killing someone during your visit.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 07:02 AM
link   
It would be very difficult for this to live up to expectations. Most people willing to pay that price are going to have extremely high hopes. Most likely, even if they enjoy it, they will still be disappointed.

Around 05:40 in that video, she asked "Is everyone in space short? Because this feels like a very short closet."

I'd answer that question with: No! But the Planet where this ship was built has a much stronger gravity than most other Planets, so yeah, all of the creatures who built it were short.

Also, I feel like this thing should be floating. It will never truly feel like a spaceship without having any movement in the floors.

However since this is Florida, it could eventually end up having a giant sinkhole underneath it.

edit on 3/1/22 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles

haha very true about the sink hole.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

I saw a video about the hotel a few days ago

In a word. "Cringe"

They were in a restaurant and the people at the tables couldn't have looked more disinterested.
Live singing and bad sabre fighting.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Apparently you can get a 'tricked out' room for a measly $20k.

A family of four will pay about $6,000 for the experience — with lodging, meals and entertainment included, according to press reports. (A “tricked-out” suite will run around $20,000, according to the New York Times.)

The cost doesn’t include alcoholic drinks — a beer will run $13.50, the Times noted — or fun extras like “Star Wars”-themed clothing items from the gift shop.

www.marketwatch.com...

Reading that↑ got me to thinking about the bar. So far, I've only watched a little bit of that video you posted. I assume she goes to the bar at some point. I was wondering if they have this↓ song playing?

Star Wars - John Williams - Cantina Band [Original]

I don't think I could handle working there if I had to listen to that song very often.

I also wonder if you're 'permitted' to take your own alcohol. Since it's a hotel, I would think they couldn't stop you from bringing your own alcohol into your room. However, if it's not exactly considered to be a hotel, but rather some sort of attraction or ride or experience or I don't know what.... the rules may be different. i mean, in my opinion you should be able to do whatever you want in your room, but you never know...

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles

There's a hotel in Tucson where we have sometimes overnighted due to its location. The hotel has its own bar (two, I think) and the have signs on the walls essentially saying that it's illegal to bring alcohol from outside.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 09:20 AM
link   
This has to be one of the lamest thinks I've ever heard. I can't imagine the kind of dweeb that'd spend money on something like this.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

Someone with a lot extra that they can spend. lol

join