It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watcher In the Field

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Has anyone seen or heard about the Watcher in the Field. It was a photo that was taken by a fireman in a field with his family when they went on a picnic. There was nothing strange about the area and everything seemed fine. Then it was when he went to get them developed, that it appeared. Behind his daughter's head in the distance was a man that was dressed in a space suite. The man was either very tall, or a few inches off the ground. The place that developed it, thought it was a double exposure, but this was not so, as her head completely covered the body. Kodak offered free film for life to anyone that came up with an answer, no one has ever claimed the prize. The photo was made in the 1950's.

Ill try to scan it in from the book I have, but in the mean time, does anyone know where to find it on the net???

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Hmmm, looks a little suspect to me...

Bah, this will have to be a link

thebiggestsecretpict.online.fr...'64-a.jpg

[edit on 31-3-2005 by Burgess]

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Yes, this is the photo i was talking about. How real do you think this is?????

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Two things are interesting about the photo. The first is that the 'space man' is looking in the opposite direction from the camera. Notice the elbows. The second thing is that the 'space man' is tilted just as he should be if he was standing on that hill side. Was the individual phasing in and out so fast that the human eye could not see the being. The camera shutter caught it just right?

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Here is a link to a slightly larger picture

thebiggestsecretpict.online.fr...'64-b.jpg

You're right there is no way that’s a double exposure. I'm still leaning towards fake tho, looks far to much like one of those big inflatable blimps to me.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 07:05 AM
link   
That's spooky. It looks like a man about to be lynched. It looks like his hands are tied behind his back, and there seems to be a rope around his neck. I wonder if there used to be a tree in that field?

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 10:50 AM
link   
The "Cumberland Spaceman" photo as its commonly called, has been discussed several times before here. I believe it to be a real photograph of a potential ET. I don't know exactly what the thing in the back is, but I don't believe there to be any hoaxing involved.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 12:14 PM
link   
that picture always fascinated me. I read a blurb about the man who took that picture. Im not sure how true it is but the story claimed that he was visited by some MIB's and wanted him to take them out to the place where that photo was taken. The MIB's asked him if he saw the man in the photo when he took the picture, he replied no and they got in their black car and left after that.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Why would a camera and film record something in detail like that when its invisible to the human eye? Considering that its a bright sunny day, the camera was possibly exposed at f16. That means the shutter speed is 1/film speed. Lets pretend he used 200 speed film. That'd put the shutter speed at 1/200th of a second.

www.100fps.com...
Tests with Air force pilots have shown, that they could identify the plane on a flashed picture that was flashed only for 1/220th of a second.

Surely if this entity was 'phasing' in and out at 1/200th of a second then it'd be noticed as the guy goes thru all the trouble of taking this and other pictures.

Also, why is it not a double exposure? All sorts of tricks can be done with film
here's a neat one
polihale.com...
here's another neat one
polihale.com...

Apparently I made an error in putting the photos up. Didn't really think about it honestly. So there are the links. The page is well worth checking uot, there are some really interesting photos there.

[edit on 31-3-2005 by Nygdan]

[edit on 31-3-2005 by Nygdan]

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

If the image was real and not hoaxed then you can't exactly say what technique the being in the background used to keep itself out of the minds of the unaware people who were in that area. If it was an ET then they could have some type of technology which filters their presence out of the human mind rather than make themselves invisible to the visible light spectrum or flickering in and out of visibility. The camera would still pick it up and the humans there would only be able to see the thing on a photo just as end result of this story seems to be. All entirely speculation of course.

[edit on 31-3-2005 by Frith]

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Nygdan,

Your pictures don't show up. You may want to fix that up.

Deep

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 01:08 PM
link   
It looks like the Tin-Man from the Wizard of Ozz!

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 01:22 PM
link   
strange, my first though was this was a doll stuck in the girl's collar behind her head. but upon further examination the lighting is all wrong for it to be anywhere near the little girl. on top of that its obvious that the black facescreen is reflective and indeed not made of the same material as the suit, evidenced by the shading towards the sun. actually now looking at the photo the lighting tells me that it is 100% impossible that this is a double exposure of any sort, or that the 'man' was anywhere within 10-15 feet of the little girl.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I saved both the pictures and then blew them up.. it looks to me like it's some type of figure not in a space suit at all. It's hard to explain what I see, but try to bare with me

take a man.. put him in a tight white gymnastic suit.. or that under-armor stuff... then then wrap a white sash of some sort around his head with the extra hanging over the back of his neck.. looks like he has his head tilted slightley to the left like he was looking at something... I can make out a nose but the face still does not look human..

something like this

www.deonviljoen.com...

[edit on 31-3-2005 by Kajun42]

[edit on 31-3-2005 by Kajun42]

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 03:29 PM
link   
It' a hot air baloon and the father was lying.

No more questions your honor.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Just the back of a dude's head man...he's got a golfer cap on.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Korzag
Just the back of a dude's head man...he's got a golfer cap on.

no i dont think its that i took it into my photo editing program and zoomed in on the thing and it looked like it had glass around his head like a space suite. even after checking it out i have no idea what to say about it it looked like something that was something like those big inflatable blimps like Burgess said but im not sure tho

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   
god i love idiots. golf hats are the answer, to the terrible secret of space.

can we get anyone with a more serious thought on this?

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 04:49 PM
link   
The picture was taken im May 1964 by Jim Templeman he was with his wife when he took a picture of his daughter at a local beauty spot near Carlisle.

They three of them have always maintained that they saw nobody in the background as the picture was taken.

He has also said that he was visited by "Government Officials" but could only say that he saw nothing untoward as the picture was being taken.

He was last interviewed by the English newspaper The Daily Mail and sticks by the events of 40 years ago.

Under detailed photographic analysis, the picture has always held on to its credability.

Personally I think its a fake.

But do any of us really know anything, we wouldnt be coming here if we did.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 04:55 PM
link   
And I forgot to add that the picture was taken within walking distance of Selllafield which was one of the UKs first nuclear power stations.

Now......... doesnt that uniform start to look a little familiar !!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join