It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Government now believes there is evidence for Wuhan Lab origin of Covid

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Yet another "Covid conspiracy theory" (TM) from 2020 has been now acknowledged as a strong possibility, that of a Covid lab origin.

As some have said, during Covid the difference between "conspiracy theory" and fact is about 6 months. I'd actually say it's more like a year. But, how many "dangerous, fringe conspiracy theories" or "misinformation" that were "fact-checked" have turned out to be true or have some validity?

UK government increasingly giving creedence to Wuhan lab leak theory

The United Kingdom's government is increasingly reassured that the coronavirus pandemic was the result of a lab leak in Wuhan, China, according to a new report.

While the theory that the coronavirus was leaked from the Wuhan Institute of Virology was dismissed by world governments early into the pandemic, evidence continues to trickle out supporting the claim. Government officials in the U.K., U.S., and elsewhere have begun voicing support for further investigation into the lab leak possibility.

Now, sources tell British newspaper the Telegraph that the "official view" within the U.K.'s leadership is that the virus did indeed escape from the Chinese lab, though government officials are more open about that view in private than in public.

"I think the official view [within Government] is that it is as likely as anything else to have caused the pandemic. A lot of people like myself think it is more likely. I think attitudes have changed a little bit. The zoonotic transfer theory just didn’t make sense," Cambridge bio-security fellow Hamish de-Bretton Gordon told the paper.

Here is a selection of the media calling it a conspiracy theory:

Forbes: Wuhan lab origin a conspiracy theory

Vox: Covid lab origin a conspiracy theory rejected by science

For the mainstream narrative enthusiasts on ATS, as well as elsewhere, you would think after being wrong multiple times since 2020, and the "conspiracy theorists" getting right a number of issues, perhaps they'd start to listen to the other side and be a bit more skeptical.
edit on 23-2-2022 by Madviking because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 09:43 PM
link   
What's really sad is all the careers that have been destroyed and doctors and scientists 'cancelled' for bringing these same facts to the table in the first few months of this 'pandemic'.

edit on 30000001010America/Chicago281 by nugget1 because: sp

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
What's really sad is all the careers that have been destroyed and doctors and scientists 'cancelled' for bring these same facts to the table in the first few months of this 'pandemic'.

When EVERYONE always knew we were right all along.

The cowards were just afraid of what happens as a result.

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: PatriotGames4u

What's really sad is all the careers that have been destroyed and doctors and scientists 'cancelled' for bring these same facts to the table in the first few months of this 'pandemic'.

I don't think it was cowardice- I think it was pure greed.

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Right, any scientists, analysts, or doctors who went against the narratives, whether on Covid origins or regarding policies such as lockdowns or treatment options, was at the very least demonized but in many cases, suffered in their careers.

They are still trying to cancel Joe Rogan just for having on Dr. Malone, a doctor under attack for questioning vaccine policies and discussing corruption of the medical and political establishment.

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 10:16 PM
link   

I can forgive the truly ignorant or stupid, which exist. I find it harder to forgive highly intelligent people who should know better but go along with or even support Covid policies and narratives, or other power structures, to get ahead personally. At the very least be silent, don't gaslight and become complicit.

I do think there is a degree of cowardice. Many people are not willing to face the horrific nature or implications of some of these situations, for example the possibility that Fauci et. al funded gain of function in the Wuhan Lab through Ecohealth, possibly creating the Covid 19 virus on purpose or by accident, then it was used by our own governments to seize power, destroy economies, destroy lives, and remove many civil liberties and medical freedom.

Sometimes, the truth is too hard to face for all but the most ardent truth seekers. Cognitive dissonance kicks in, and people often gladly accept an explanatory meta-narrative provided by authorities.

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Like I said in the past, this site is not really a conspiracy site anymore, we have a think tank here and people who research things that some people of power want us to believe. So we identify the lies before they are uncovered by most people. We are ahead of the game a lot, but since research is ongoing, we may not have the whole story when we discuss things. Knowing that people at the head of government agencies have big heads and are willing to do anything to show they are not at fault is just how it is. When you roll a snowball down a hill, it gains in size and power and can become something dangerous to anyone in it's path. That is what some in government do, they find something to blow up, roll it through a bunch of twisted evidence, and it becomes dangerous for society and accomplishes promoting fear to the masses. When they changed that law and allowed propaganda to be used on our own citizens in the US maybe twelve plus years ago, it slowly made our government into a gossip column.

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Yes just like our own member TennisDawg provided much info at the beginning of all this & even told
how many times it would go around the world & many here shunned him...he was right!

I appreciate & love everyone here that take time out of their life to actually research & stay up on
what is actually happening. This Covid-19 crap was something we were all able to warn our friends &
family members way before it hit the MSM, thanks to our great people here on ATS!

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 10:31 PM
link   

I don't think it was cowardice- I think it was pure greed.

I was referring to citizens, but yes, greed by MANY organizations also.

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ektar
a reply to: rickymouse

Yes just like our own member provided much info at the beginning of all this & even told
how many times it would go around the world & many here shunned him...he was right!

I appreciate & love everyone here that take time out of their life to actually research & stay up on
what is actually happening. This Covid-19 crap was something we were all able to warn our friends &
family members way before it hit the MSM, thanks to our great people here on ATS!

Cheers
Ektar

We owe a specific ATS member more could ever be repaid for breaking opsec to let us know what was coming.

WE = Every human on the planet.

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Like I said in the past, this site is not really a conspiracy site anymore, we have a think tank here and people who research things that some people of power want us to believe. So we identify the lies before they are uncovered by most people. We are ahead of the game a lot, but since research is ongoing, we may not have the whole story when we discuss things. Knowing that people at the head of government agencies have big heads and are willing to do anything to show they are not at fault is just how it is. When you roll a snowball down a hill, it gains in size and power and can become something dangerous to anyone in it's path. That is what some in government do, they find something to blow up, roll it through a bunch of twisted evidence, and it becomes dangerous for society and accomplishes promoting fear to the masses. When they changed that law and allowed propaganda to be used on our own citizens in the US maybe twelve plus years ago, it slowly made our government into a gossip column.

Yes, many of us ATS types are ahead of the news cycle as compared to normie friends and family. And ahead of news coverage.

I've thought a lot on this, and why. Many friends or family are highly intelligent in their own way, educated, etc. But, they don't have access to a lot of counter information, the information they are receiving is often warped, redacted, or outright propaganda, and so on. Moreover, I think that many have not gone though the process of breaking their faith in the mainstream media and leading institutions, as well as the implication for their world view and identity. So many of these organizations and narratives are central to people's identity. All of these issues interfere with their ability to analyze current events. I don't think it is truly an issue of intelligence.

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Madviking

LOL

If things keep going at the current trajectory, with all the "conspiracies" being true, we might end up with 5g vaxed zombies yet. Just a joke.

It's not funny, but I have a dark sense of humor. I wasn't entirely sure about the lab and it wasn't one of the "conspiracies" I was convinced of, but it sure seemed likely. I'll still wait for more conclusive information.

The next year is going to be a string of things that shock people who've been accepting the government narratives blindly, defending the desk jockey medical administrators, and committing libel against honest professionals. I'm going to get tired of saying "I told you so" by the middle of 2023.

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: PatriotGames4u

Thank You for giving me that!!!
God Bless you for all you do!

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ektar
a reply to: PatriotGames4u

Thank You for giving me that!!!
God Bless you for all you do!

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Like I said in the past, this site is not really a conspiracy site anymore...

I beg to differ. There are still plenty on here pushing and believing peepee-gate, RUSSIA-RUSSIA-RUSSIA, Trump did this , Trump did that... conspiracy theories.
edit on 24-2-2022 by Kaiju666 because: theories

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 12:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

LOL

If things keep going at the current trajectory, with all the "conspiracies" being true, we might end up with 5g vaxed zombies yet. Just a joke.

Conspiracies are actually true. It's the 'theories' that may be or may not be.

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kaiju666

Like I said in the past, this site is not really a conspiracy site anymore...

I beg to differ. There are still plenty on here pushing and believing peepee-gate, RUSSIA-RUSSIA-RUSSIA, Trump did this , Trump did that... conspiracy theories.

Hence the label "Blue anon," a mockery of the left conspiracy theories.

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Most of us here were saying this from the very beginning.

I wonder what the punishment will be.... if any??

Would these findings result in China going to war with Taiwan to make people forget?? Will China manipulate proceedings in Eastern Europe to make people forget??

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777

Most of us here were saying this from the very beginning.

I wonder what the punishment will be.... if any??

Would these findings result in China going to war with Taiwan to make people forget?? Will China manipulate proceedings in Eastern Europe to make people forget??

Well, they are currently pushing for this conflict with Russia, or focusing in on it.

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Two years to late to make this statement if you ask me, we already knew where it came front, why this long to say something? I tell you why because just like the US, UK got their head up the Chinese's butt holes.

<<   2 >>

join