It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coronavirus As subvariant of Omicron rises, lab studies point to signs of severity

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2022 @ 09:50 PM
link   
They already have their back variant BS. I think at this point everyone is done with this nonsense unless you are for the mandates, passports that want to continue for ever.

They are already trying to make the supposed next variant scary because the South African doctor had exposed how mild omicron one was. You have the dying audience media outlets like CNN trying fear monger out the next one as much as possible.

Coronavirus: As BA.2 subvariant of Omicron rises, lab studies point to signs of severity

The weapon agaisnt the next variant? dont forget your monthly booster/yearly shots.

he BA.2 virus -- a subvariant of the Omicron coronavirus variant -- isn't just spreading faster than its distant cousin, it may also cause more severe disease and appears capable of thwarting some of the key weapons we have against Covid-19, new research suggests.

"As you may know, BA.2 is called 'stealth Omicron,' " Sato told CNN

I am starting to think they are now just making things as they go along..
edit on 17-2-2022 by vNex92 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2022 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: vNex92

Please note that titles on ATS don't show ":' or "," or any other special characters beyond a period ".", or a hyphen "-", in the title, unless you're viewing the thread contents.

In other words, go here and look at your title in the listing of threads, and you'll see what I mean: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 17 2022 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I edited out the title thanks.

posted on Feb, 17 2022 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I am sure that there are hundreds of variants of the common cold...some being more and some being less severe. But they have probably not even studied that concept. I am not afraid of this new variant and I am not afraid of any of the SARS-CoV2 viruses. Fear can promote a more severe outcome of any disease. If I get one of these and die, I die. I am sixty six years old and the golden years ahead of me only seem to feed the pockets of the medical industry and big corporations anyway. I would rather wind up dying than spend years in a nursing home all doped up so I can't escape to freedom.

posted on Feb, 17 2022 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I have been totally secluded since the beginning except finally we started having our sheepdog herding competitions this year & they are outside. We were able to make & compete in the National Finals in Oct thank god! & yes thank god cause I cannot take it any more. I am so sick & tired of this whole mess & it has cause so much stress & extreme anxiety! I still do curb side pick up & don't go inside anywhere except masked with an N95 into the package store.

I just had sx in Nov & had to get tested that morning cz unjabbed...damn swab burnt the hell out of me left nostril but not the right...ended up 3 days later smelling like something crawled up there & died, beyond putrid! Even after a round of Cephalexin post sx 2nd wk & then a round of Bactrim 4wks post nasal not right & he did give me Z-Pk that visit & that worked. Hospital was an Abbott rapid test & I also had to do a test in Oct PCR at a CVS pharmacy.
I do NOT trust these test. Nasal swabs possibly contaminated...

I want these bloody mandates lifted before me birthday in March...I want to be free! I will wait to be totally free in April when neighbors are back in case something happens. It seems I need to get out & get Omicron but better when not alone. I am at a campground ATM. Thanks to ALL for your great info!

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Feb, 17 2022 @ 10:49 PM
link   

I quickly glanced through the preprint that the article cites. What stands out to me is that it is more transmissible, more resistant to sotrovimab, has regained the ability to better fuse cells, replicates faster, and causes more lung damage than regular omicron. 

This is the best part of your article. Even though it appears a little worse, we will most likely not see any surges from this variant.

But there was a bright spot: Antibodies in the blood of people who'd recently had Omicron also seemed to have some protection against BA.2, especially if they'd also been vaccinated.

And that raises an important point, Fuller says. Even though BA.2 seems more contagious and pathogenic than Omicron, it may not wind up causing a more devastating wave of Covid-19 infections.

posted on Feb, 17 2022 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Ok, guys covid is over, get it, over, only the stupid will still believe is a killer covid out to get them.

Covid is done and gone, all is left is a cold.

posted on Feb, 17 2022 @ 11:15 PM
link   
They're not done pushing scariants.

There's 2 paths forward:

1. Keep people afraid so they obey and keep getting lifetime boosters for the most deadly virus in the universe that you have to get tested for to know if you have it. But this is wearing off.

2. Use strong arm tactics like Trudeau is doing and just force everyone to get it whether they like it or not. This is probably where it's heading, see austrailia and Canada. In austrailia they're melting protestors with high energy EMF.

posted on Feb, 17 2022 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: tamusan

But you see this is how media starts the their fear mongering to push for more restrictions they think their audiences are all stupid.

posted on Feb, 18 2022 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Liberal media viewers are stupid, the woke generation of zombies that grew up brainwashed by them.

posted on Feb, 18 2022 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Not making up, no, just understanding very well what they are doing and using media morons to spread fear to subjugate and control through people who don’t study this everyday. It’s a subject that takes years or decades to fully understand. This is normal, every virus does it, bacteria even do something similar with how they sequester nutrients and evade. Fungi can bounce between mold and yeast and increase glycosylation to survive temperatures in the host. Also why the booster idea is borderline idiotic since it’s nearly two years old now from a genetic standpoint and therefore ineffective.

They used perfusion spike, open, ready to latch as the target. Now the virus has evolved to use that target as a decoy through sheer chance and the spike can exist in an intermediate state and still bind to its receptor target while antibodies hit the other sites. They have multiple receptors. It uses a multistep process similar to the gp120 binding method of HIV (and many other viruses through conserved or similar protein structures). It really increases binding affinity and chances of entering the cell. It gets cleaved by furin at S1/S2 and then again by TMPRSS2 in the S2 region. Once it attaches that’s it, it’s going into the cell. Again, this is normal, viruses do it all the time, even toxins from bacteria can do it at times.

It’s also why PCR is turning into garbage again, more negatives, people still sick like we are every year for centuries during this time. But, tourist season is starting soon, making money, and I doubt people would be selling off stock if the pandemic was still going to be a go.

We did get one awesome new drug target out of this though, increasing recombination events to render the genome of the virus, any RNA virus that uses RNA dependent RNA polymerase, useless. It even bypasses the exonuclease proofreading action of coronaviruses which is pretty cool. Plus the replication complex for future vaccines. Less inflammatory and much more effective. Antibodies are secondary with viral infection, you want interferon, natural killer, and cytotoxic T cell responses. This is what happens in children and people exposed often so antibodies arent necessary. Thank goodness we had such a large sample size for these vaccines though.
edit on 18-2-2022 by TheAMEDDDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2022 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Who knows what the heck is going on. I just read about a 7 year old healthy girl who died within 72 hours. The virus attacked both her heart and her brain. She just became a big sister a week ago.

I believe it was a lab mistake that got loose and they are throwing everything at it to stop it. Virus not lethal to all but to many.

posted on Feb, 18 2022 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheAMEDDDoc
Thank goodness we had such a large sample size for these vaccines though.

Convenient?

posted on Feb, 18 2022 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: McGinty

For Moderna and Pfizer, with the supporting lobbying, absolutely. It’s also good for data but then there is the personal cost which doesn’t matter with the protections they have. It’s also why we should honor scientific integrity at all times. Moderna’s whole business model is mRNA and other companies are following because it’s so cheap and effective.

posted on Feb, 18 2022 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Right on cue, too.

I noticed they are calling this one a "sub-variant"... I guess they're running out of letters and need to save what's left for future "variants."

I'm so done with this crap. I refuse to make any more allowances for all the skeered woke people. As far as I am concerned, there is no more Chinese virus, no more variants, no more sub-variants, no more masks, and no more vaccines. There are only stupid people who don't want me around. Too damn bad. Your two weeks are up.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 18 2022 @ 11:52 AM
link   

'may'
'suggests'

real confident there.
just string the sheeple along.
BE VERY AFRAID

posted on Feb, 18 2022 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Meanwhile, in the UK, the government advisory group, SAGE, have reportedly said that the next Covid Variant could kill one third of those infected. That’s both a little bit scarily specific and also wildly unscientific at the same time.

Preparing us for a fake variant that explains the vaccine deaths?

posted on Feb, 18 2022 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453
Who knows what the heck is going on. I just read about a 7 year old healthy girl who died within 72 hours. The virus attacked both her heart and her brain. She just became a big sister a week ago.

I believe it was a lab mistake that got loose and they are throwing everything at it to stop it. Virus not lethal to all but to many.

Was she vaxed?

posted on Feb, 18 2022 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
Right on cue, too.

I noticed they are calling this one a "sub-variant"... I guess they're running out of letters and need to save what's left for future "variants."

I'm so done with this crap. I refuse to make any more allowances for all the skeered woke people. As far as I am concerned, there is no more Chinese virus, no more variants, no more sub-variants, no more masks, and no more vaccines. There are only stupid people who don't want me around. Too damn bad. Your two weeks are up.

TheRedneck

Because if the media/MSM, experts started using those greek letters they knew that someone leaked the names of the Covid variants a year ago or so.

There was a list of this on twitter cant find it on twitter now. You are right this is all a political charade. Even in Italy. The Far leftist new govt that replaced the anti immigrant/open border govt.

Had pushed the lockdowns onto any provinces in Italy that voted far right. Its selective, political punishment because a majority of Italians are still agaisnt open borders.

posted on Feb, 18 2022 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ARM1968

I am starting to notice health problems in previously healthy individuals, I am referring to my small circle of aquaintances, Aggressive Bowel cancer, and walking pneumonia who had to have both lungs drained. A sixteen-year-old with Myocarditis. All boosted of course. The Bowl cancer would be hard to blame on a variant but the other two would work.

<<   2 >>

join