It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ontario Premier Announces Plan to Drop Vaccine Passports and Capacity Limits

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Our Ontario Premier has announced the plan to drop capacity limits and vaccine passports for the province of Ontario:

As of Feb. 17, social gathering limits will increase to 50 people indoors and 100 people outdoors. Capacity limits will be lifted at most indoor public settings where proof of vaccination is required.. This includes restaurants, meeting and event spaces, gaming establishments and “non-spectator areas” of gyms and cinemas.

Seating capacity at sport and concert venues, as well as movie theatres, will be 50 per cent.

Ford also announced on Monday the province's proof-of-vaccination requirements will be lifted on March 1. At this time, capacity limits will also be lifted at all indoor establishments.

Source:
toronto.ctvnews.ca...

I don't know if I should thank Omicron or the Truckers; either way, we have a plan to return to normal, which is what everyone has wanted for the past 2 years.

edit on Mon Feb 14 2022 by DontTreadOnMe because: Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: joejack1949
Our Ontario Premier has announced the plan to drop capacity limits and vaccine passports for the province of Ontario:

[...]
Source:
toronto.ctvnews.ca...

I don't know if I should thank Omicron or the Truckers; either way, we have a plan to return to normal, which is what everyone has wanted for the past 2 years.

Why on God's green earth would they wait 16 days to announce this? what difference are 2 weeks going to make? sounds like bureaucratic BS.

regardless it sounds like victory

edit on 14-2-2022 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

edit on Mon Feb 14 2022 by DontTreadOnMe because: quote trimmed Trim Those Quotes

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 09:41 AM
link   
The officials are addicted to their ill begotten power, so must add a date rather than just abolish all mandates and restrictions immediately.

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I don't trust any politician or 'higher-up' at all. Why the date when restrictions will be lifted indeed.
At least more are awake now then ever thanks to their constant BS/flip-flopping of lies , so when they
try Covid-20 or some other new drama fear mongering plandemic/false flag, we will smell their BS from a mile away

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 01:16 PM
link   
A lot can happen in 16 days. Perhaps people will become complacent, thinking dear leaders have seen the light and are on the right path. Time to relax and go home as things calm down....then day 15 the announcement comes there's a new, more deadly variant that's just been discovered, or an entirely new virus altogether requiring extreme measures?

It's not like governments have shown themselves to be trustworthy.

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I agree. Looks like just enough to get people to go home with a couple of weeks to reinstate it at the last minute. And why keep the masks? Why does the left insist on masks?

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: DeadlyStaringFrog

Ford is a right winger, and he's "insisting" on masking because Doctors recommend them for reducing transmission of respiratory droplets.

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
The officials are addicted to their ill begotten power, so must add a date rather than just abolish all mandates and restrictions immediately.

Its more worrying if Ford loses and a Liberal opposition wins, but knowing JT and his current party image. I dont see liberals winning elections to heavily again after they were the ones who kept pushing boosters and passports.

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: vNex92

More than 92% of Ontarians over the age of 12 had two or more vaccines, so I don't think boosters/passports are going to alienate either of the two major parties.

Honestly, whichever party has the best plan to deal with the housing crisis is going to win the provincial election, for sure.

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 01:40 PM
link   

a reply to: DeadlyStaringFrog

Ford is a right winger, and he's "insisting" on masking because Doctors recommend them for reducing transmission of respiratory droplets.

It's been proven cloth or surgical masks don't stop the spread of Omicron and N-95 masks are effective and should be used instead.

That said, wearing your mask beneath your nose does nothing, and touching ones' mask to adjust it completely defeats the purpose of wearing a mask. Even Fauci repeatedly touches the face of his mask, contaminating it with whatever germs are on his hands, then transferring his own germs that are on his mask to everything he touches after. That makes mask mandates totally irrelevant and ridiculous.

Either make it a LAW punishable by a fine to touch your mask or wear it beneath your nose, or drop the pointless mask mandate.

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

Masks have never STOPPED the spread of anything 100%. It's always been about risk reduction. I've bookmarked several journal publications backing that point if you are skeptical.

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: joejack1949

More than 92% of Ontarians over the age of 12 had two or more vaccines

Likely less than that number i feel. I feel majority of those people were forced into getting the boosters and vaxs. I hope majority of those who got arent thinking getting a third or fourth.
edit on 14-2-2022 by vNex92 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: vNex92
a reply to: joejack1949

More than 92% of Ontarians over the age of 12 had two or more vaccines

Likely less than that number i feel. I feel majority of those people were forced into getting the boosters and vaxs. I hope majority of those who got arent thinking getting a third or fourth.

Tell the pro vaxxers you talk with don't forget your boosters, everybody learns at their own pace, as COVID likely fades in the lexicon of colds, cases of flu, viruses, and pneumonia we have been dealing with for centuries.

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Source:
toronto.ctvnews.ca...

Has the fat lady sang yet?

Since the government is never going to say, "Uncle", this will either be a ruse, or slanted to make it seem it was something already planned that the truckers, caused to be seriously delayed. The truckers will be painted as terrorist that have harmed the people, and the economy, while the government has been fighting them so it could give the people what they asked for. Blame it all on the truckers. The government is your bad ass knight in shinning armor to the rescue.

I don't trust the government for one hot second.

edit on 14-2-2022 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Fixed bad format.

edit on Mon Feb 14 2022 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 06:52 PM
link   

As of Feb. 17, social gathering limits will increase to 50 people indoors and 100 people outdoors.

lol What's the point? What difference would 55 people make?

How would that be any riskier than 50? (to be clear: I don't think there's any risk, but they obviously must think 55 is riskier than 50)

They just have to continue grasping onto some of that control, and maintain some of that power. They can't possibly give all of it back.

"As long attendance remains at or below 50, then everyone will be perfectly fine, but if it were to be 55 people, then OMFG!! everyone would catch a cold...."

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Not enough. All restrictions should be gone immediately and legislation put in place to prevent such totalitarian measures ever being enacted in the future.

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Masks have never STOPPED the spread of anything 100%. It's always been about risk reduction. I've bookmarked several journal publications backing that point if you are skeptical.

Tell that to the lying media. They are the ones that pushed so much fear on people that they thought wearing a mask was the protection they needed. I mean it didn't even need to be a certain type of mask. Have an old T-shirt? Cut the sleeve off and put it over your face and you're saving grandma. Don't even get me started on how they all lied about how the vax was 100% safe and effective.

It was all lies. CNN, MSNBC and the other bottom feeders should be taken off the air asap. They are a the true public health threat.

posted on Feb, 15 2022 @ 12:14 AM
link   

The CDC, WHI, NIH and Fauci have all stated that nothing but an N95 will stop the minute particles of Omicron, yet children are still being forced to mask up- with masks the 'experts' all say aren't effective against Omicron.

I call that being informed, not skeptical.

posted on Feb, 15 2022 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Not even an N95 STOPS Omicron. No mask stops 100% of airflow. However, multi-layer cloth and medical masks do stop some respiratory particles and droplets, which contain virus particles. Several studies have shown that widespread masking minimizes COVID outbreaks in workplaces, for example. And as I said before, it was never about STOPPING the spread, but minimizing the spread in environments that require close-contact.

That being said, I agree that masks are useless for young kids. I don't agree that they're useless in close-contact workplaces. I know they aren't useless in surgical environments.

join