It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Couple married nearly 52 years die holding hands <3

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2022 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Couple married nearly 52 years die holding hands

It's been a while since I dropped in - thought it's a nice way to celebrate Valentine's Day (nearly).

I hope these people are in heaven celebrating their new lives there.

No more Covid. No more 'Wars and rumors of wars'...

CARY, N.C. — A couple hospitalized with COVID-19 in the intensive care unit of a North Carolina hospital died while holding hands after more than 50 years of marriage, an unnamed nurse said Thursday...

Family members said the couple met while attending high school in Mississippi and got married as teenagers in 1970. Citing their daughter, WakeMed added that the couple was “always together and loved spending time with each other.”

I'm too old to be with anyone for 50+ years but it sure is a lovely thought.
Happy Valentine's Day peeps.

~ grace

posted on Feb, 12 2022 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Such a sweet story. Thanks for posting.

Nice to see you Silo13.

Hope you are well.

posted on Feb, 12 2022 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I wonder if hospitals indulge the same luxuries for unmarried couples?

I wonder because I've always despised state licenses and priests don't get the respect they used to.

posted on Feb, 12 2022 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

Really makes you wonder dont it.
Simply beautiful though.

posted on Feb, 12 2022 @ 03:04 PM
link   

My grandmother recently died. My grandfather is 87. They spent over 30 years together. Now after only a few months he has given up. Not eating, sleeping all the time. I wont be surprised if he dies soon. And I don't blame him and I'm not mad.

Being that long with another person by your side losing them is like losing a limb. No, it's worse, it's like losing your actual heart. How can you ever be happy again?

posted on Feb, 12 2022 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I told the wife that I hope we both die around the same time. The kids would drive us nuts if one of us were to die, they would even probably try matchmaking us with other old people and definitely hijack the survivor to go out and eat all the time, that restaurant food would be good at lowering the lifespan though, meaning we would not have to spend so much time without each other.

I suppose the wife will just replace me with another cat.

Hi Silo, haven't heard from you for a while. How are things going.

posted on Feb, 12 2022 @ 03:25 PM
link   

First, good to see you.😊

This is making cry.

I can't think of a better way. They were Together to the end. Literally.

Thank you for posting.

I'm single, but my dogs are here. 😢

*gets Murphy and Benn*
Cuddle puddle. 🙂

🙂

edit on 12-2-2022 by Bigburgh because: 😁

posted on Feb, 12 2022 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat

Wow...
Long time no see either.

posted on Feb, 12 2022 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Yup, exactly.
Half of that man is missing in his eyes.
When you love some one so much, and they are your entire world, when you lose them, thats it for a lot of people.
They lived the life they wanted with the love of their life.
Their job here is complete.

posted on Feb, 12 2022 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Ya, makes me want to cry also. Honestly cannot believe there is anyone who would call the virus a hoax nor talk down the vaccine. It is a social/medical issue and not a political issue. Stop with the stupid politics.

Basically extremely disappointed how our society has turned into me, vs we. Real shame.

Denny

posted on Feb, 12 2022 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I lost my wife in August 2020. We were together over 20 years. Its been over 1 and a half years. My heart aches everyday with her gone. Just the thought of the amount time since she has passed puts a bit in my stomach.

I know firsthand how traumatic and disruptive it is to lose your spouse. I have to work real hard everyday to just keep living on. I also have to accept my life has had a tremedous loss which I can never regain. It really hurts.

I kinda wish I could have gone with her when she passed away. Unfortunately it just wasn' t my time. Her time came much to quickly. Sue was 52.

top topics

join