It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Happened in 1974

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2022 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I truly believe everything is cyclical. I happen to follow the Chinese Lunar calendar and events that coincide.

Right now we are in the year of the Tiger 2022. We have to go back to get a clear picture of what might happen.
It does not mean the exact same things will happen, but think more high level trends.

www.thepeoplehistory.com...

“List of 1974 significant News Events in History
IRA begins bombing campaign on mainland Britain
Richard Nixon becomes the first US president forced to resign after the Watergate Scandal
Rumble in the Jungle
The Kootenai Native American Tribe in Idaho declares war on the United States
Stephen King, a 26-year-old author, published his debut novel “Carrie,”
President Gerald Ford gives unconditional pardon to Richard Nixon
Lucy an almost complete hominid skeleton over 3 million years old is discovered in Africa
55 MPH Speed Limit imposed to preserve gas usage US wide
Sears Tower in Chicago becomes the worlds tallest building
The Global Recession Deepens”

Let’s go further back….another Tiger year…

“ List of 1938 significant News Events in History
The National Foundation for Infantile Paralysis, later known as the March of Dimes, was founded
Orson Welles's radio adaptation of The War of the Worlds is broadcast, causing mass panic in the eastern United States
Great New England Hurricane
Seabiscuit and War Admiral have their long awaited race to decide the best horse -- Seabiscuit beats War Admiral
Germany -- Nuclear Fission Discovered
The RMS Queen Mary breaks the record for the fastest passenger liner to cross the Atlantic Ocean
German troops invade Austria
Superman makes his first appearance during April when Action Comics #1 is published (issue dated June 1938)
The U.S. Congress passes the Second Agricultural Adjustment Act
Germany begins its persecution of Jews”

I think everything we need to know can be taken from those two examples.
If you want to go more in depth look at all the tiger years and the events that happened, you will see such a connection of happening it’s almost humorous. I took at peek at 1998 - creation of the European Union single currency 😳

posted on Feb, 11 2022 @ 03:49 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Feb, 11 2022 @ 03:49 PM
link   
It looks like we better tighten our seatbelt for the year of the Tiger.

posted on Feb, 11 2022 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm
Pretty cool and interesting.
Those events read as an ebb and flow, something good, something bad (for everyone) to me.
Looking back, tiger years seem was when I grew up the most, or the years that certain goals I had set were achieved.

I kinda like the ebb this year promises that we move beyond being forced to compromise our liberty away along with better judgement.

A beneficent year ahead is an easy enough thing to accomplish.
Team work makes the dream work!

posted on Feb, 11 2022 @ 04:25 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 11 2022 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Are things cyclical globally or just in the US?

I mean, what about the end of the OPEC oil embargo, the Carnation Revolution, Iraq, Skylab....

And 1938? No Munich, no Spain....
edit on 11-2-2022 by Whodathunkdatcheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2022 @ 05:17 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 11 2022 @ 05:28 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 11 2022 @ 05:33 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 11 2022 @ 05:40 PM
link   

This Lunar New Year ushers in the Year of the Tiger, and specifically, the Water Tiger. Tigers, considered to be brave, cruel, forceful, and terrifying,

www.travelchinaguide.com...[/ur l]

The last time we had a Water Tiger year was 1962. Here's what was said then:

he tiger is considered the king of all animals in Chinese mythology and culture. Dr Lin says that as a Zodiac sign, it symbolizes power, courage, confidence, leadership and strength.

It's also known to be an animal that expels all evil.

Because of this, there is often a sense of fear around the tiger, and it can be associated with destruction. Dr Qian says, however, that it's also associated with good luck, bravery, and good health and wellbeing.

In terms of the Tiger Year, it's associated with vitality and strength.
"It's [believed to be] a year that will bring about new changes, and encourage people to overcome all challenges and difficulties — which is particularly important for this year, when we're all trying to come to terms with all the difficulties around the world, "It's all about seeing out the old, and welcoming in the new," Dr Lin says.

[url=https://www.abc.net.au/everyday/what-does-the-year-of-the-water-tiger-mean-lunar-new-year-2022/100785464]https://www.abc.net.au/everyday/what-doe s-the-year-of-the-water-tiger-mean-lunar-new-year-2022/100785464

posted on Feb, 11 2022 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Events in Britain are seriously under-represented in the list that site has provided.

The year began with a massive national strike by the coal-miners.
Unlike Maggie in the next decade, Ted Heath had not made preparations for meeting the challenge. Use of coal was rationed as much as possible. Train services were reduced. Since most of the electicity generators were coal-powered, steps were taken to reduce the strain on the electricity supply. Factories were obliged to work on a "three day week", so that they could take it in turns, half a week each. The domestic supply was subjected to local power-cuts following an elaborate rota. He even insisted on shutting down the television service at ten o'clock. I think this was in the hope that the miners would get blamed for the annoyance.

In the middle of all this, he called a General Election, which was supposed to decide "Who governs Britain?" The elctorate decided that he wasn't doing it, anyway, so he lost his majority, and a temporary "Lib-Lab" alliance (Labour party and Liberal party) put Harold Wilson in his place. Since Wilson's own working majority was inadequate, he called a second election later in the year which put him ina stronger position.

If you ae looking for "omens", that is the kind of thing that needs to be taken into account.

P.S. I can't offer you any sources. I did that from memory. Including a couple of instances of walking home from work.

posted on Feb, 11 2022 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whodathunkdatcheese

Are things cyclical globally or just in the US?

I mean, what about the end of the OPEC oil embargo, the Carnation Revolution, Iraq, Skylab....

And 1938? No Munich, no Spain....

It is cyclical globally.
It is easy for me to find information for the US because that is where I am based. I’m sure if we looked up world events they would be along the same lines.

posted on Feb, 11 2022 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
It looks like we better tighten our seatbelt for the year of the Tiger.

Pardon me if someone has suggested this already.

posted on Feb, 11 2022 @ 06:56 PM
link   

I'm a Dragon and a Gemini. How do you think I'll do in the year of the Tiger? I like Tiger Balm, does that help?
edit on 11-2-2022 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Minor adjustment

posted on Feb, 11 2022 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

I’m also a Gemini

It is a good year for us, and a very good financial year (already happening for me).
Dragon is also going to have a good year in the year of the Tiger.

Take advantage of a good year all around.

For Gemini there is a slight health issue first half of the year.

top topics

join