It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian UFO Archives, some of the best stuff I've seen

page: 1

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 01:14 AM
link   
New to post creation so bare with me. tyvm.

I have been interested in the UFO phenomenon my whole life and I stay on top of whatever I can get my hands on as a hobby (part of the reason I am on ATS).
I recently discovered that the Canadian government has a site dedicated for this. I had no idea this existed and cannot believe it is not being discussed. I will provide the links, but I'll try and separate what I think is interesting in this post.

www.bac-lac.gc.ca...

The page in the link above doesn't make much sense because it links you to a database where you can search 9500 archives by terms. So you obviously need the search terms. HOWEVER.

www.bac-lac.gc.ca...

Within the timeline are some GEMS. This quote is in the tab 1952 Project Second Story. Meeting minutes of April 22nd 1952.

Text Mr. Smith briefly outlined the extraterrestrial origin theory. A plot of the frequency and timing of sightings related to the opposition of the planet Mars to the Earth was displayed. Sightings occur at approximately six week intervals, but the frequency is much higher during the periods when the planets are nearing each other such as in the present month. The more reliable observations place these objects at heights of 100 to 300 miles moving with velocities in the order of 1000-2000 mph. Terrestrial bodies making use of airfoils could not operate at these heights. Size and power limitations also negate earthy origins. The brilliance of sighting after sunset could be explained by reflections from the body at these altitudes of the suns illumination, or in daylight by frictional heating or other magnetic heating effects. Considering the orbital velocities of the Earth and Mars (18 and 15 miles per second respectively) and their nearest positions(eg. 52,000,000 miles on May 8th) with a continuous acceleration of 2g for 3 or 4 days, these distances could be traversed.

The timeline goes dark until 1960 and in this tab there is an image of scanned reporting instruction for officers. This was a Canada-U.S. joint reporting services called CIRVUS ,at the bottom of this it says SEND IMMEDIATELY do not delay due to incomplete information.

Here is a quote from a pdf titled Instructions, with the header CIRVIS/MERINT COMMUNICATIONS INSTRUCTIONS FOR REPORTING VITAL INTELLIGENCE SIGHTINGS.

The Joint Telecommunications Committee was assigned the task of developing a combined CIRVIS plan in conjunction with US Joint Communications and Electronics Committee "as a matter of priority".

This document goes on to say that the Canadians didn't have proper Radar and reporting so the US asked to be granted permission to fly in Canadian airspace to report sightings direct to US ground stations. It looks like there was some backlash over this being an international issue and shouldn't be solely the US but eventually everyone agreed to give all the info to the US on the interest of continental defence. The next paragraph can be summed up that the US also got Greenland and Iceland to use CIRVIS system to report sightings to the US.

In 1967 there is a letter you can find that says :

The Honourable C.M. Drury , PC, MP
Minister of Industry,
Ottawa, Ontario.

My dear Colleagues:
I concur in the view, expressed in your letter of 23 October, 1967, that it it unnecessary and wasteful of effort to investigate all reported UFO sightings. However, there are samples of recent sightings that have caused considerable local public concern and therefore required investigation by a government agency.
Most frequently reported are sightings of aerial phenomenon which, in general, cannot be fruitfully investigated after the event. Occasionally, however, there are associated physical phenomenon on the ground that require scientific investigation. As examples, reports of investigations into three recent occurences in this category are attached.

He ends this letter with some procedural stuff and then you get to see the example reports he mentioned, which I will transcribe:
*please be aware that the images I was reading from were blurry.
1ST REPORT

UFO REPORT FALCON LAKE, MANITOBA.

A Mr. Steven Michalak of Winnipeg, Manitoba reported that he had come into physical contact with a ufo during a prospecting trip in the Falcon Lake area, some 90 miles east of Winnipeg on the 20 May 67. Mr Michalak state that he was examining a rock formation when two UFOs appeared before him. One of the UFOs remained in the immediate area for a few moments, then flew off at great speed. The second UFO landed a few hundred feet away from his position. As he approached the UFO a side door opened and voices were heard coming from within. Mr. Michalak states he approached the object but was unable to see in due to a bright yellow bluish light that blocked his vision. He endeavoured to communicate with the personnel inside the object but without result. As he approached within a few feet of the object, the door closed, he heard a whining noise, and the object commenced to rotate counter clockwise and finally raised off the ground. He reached out with his left gloved hand and touched the object prior to its lifting off the ground; the glove burned immediately as he touched the object. As the object left the ground the exhaust gasses burned his cap, outer and inner garments and he sustained rather severe stomach and chest burns. As a result of these he was hospitalized for a number of days. The doctors who attended and interviewed Mr. Michalak were unable to obtain any information which could account for the burns to his body. The personal items of clothing which were alleged to have been burnt by the UFO were subjected to extensive analysis at the CNF(?) Crime Laboratory. The analysis was unable to reach any conclusion as to what may have caused the burn damage. Soil samples from the immediate area occupied by the UFO by Mr Michalak were analysed and found to be radioactive to a degree that the samples had to be safely disposed of. An examination of the alleged UFO area was tested by a radiologist from the Department of Health and Welfare and a small area was found to be radioactive. The radiologist was unable to provide an explanation as to why the area had become contaminated
Both DND(?) and NCKP(?) investigation teams were unable to provide evidence which would dispute Mr. Michalak's story.

2ND REPORT

UFO REPORT CAMROSE, ALBERTA

On August 8th, 1967, a Mr. K Patrige, of Camrose, Alberta, reported the finding of a number of circular impressions in a pasture in the vicinity of the town of Camrose, Alberta. An investigation was conducted by an officer from Canadian Forces Base, Edmonton, in the company of Dr. G. H. Jones, of the Defense Research Board Experimental Station at Suffield.

All the marks exhibited the same general appearance; a ring six inches in width, with diameter varying from slightly over 31 feet to 36 feet. No evidence of host(?) was evident, but a definite impression in the ground, which was soft from recent rains, indicated distinct pressure.

Out of post space so Ill let you guys look through these too. Cheers

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Exit89

Hey dude,
Yes, we have some pretty cool stuff in the Archives.
Its been discussed in past years on here, but theres always something new I find when im digging through there.

One of the most interesting stories for me is the Clan Lake UFO Crash.
I'm the National Chief Investigator for MUFON Canada.
Mikey McBryan from the TV show Ice Pilots contacted me about getting together to investigate the clan lake crash.
Last spring he was flying out there and camping there for the weekends to capture some drone footage for me to model.

But ya, Can. Archives have some pretty cool stuff.

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Bravo for finding and posting this gem
I used to dig through the FOIAs "8,000 pages of Declassified Canadian UFO Documents" on this website archive
archive.org...

Canada really has some good material

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Ill have to find that one, thank you for the suggestion. I love Mufon, if there was ever anyhing I could do to further the cause and illuminate the mystery I would love the opportunity.

On a side not, have you noticed the Mufon ufo tracker doesnt allow attachments to be seen anymore?

a reply to: Macenroe82

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 10:21 AM
link   
This is amazing, thanks dude.

a reply to: servovenford

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 10:47 AM
link   

I may be misunderstanding something here, but the quoted abstract states that the objects's observed velocities were 1000-2000 mph, at altitudes of 100-300 miles.

The velocity required to maintain Low Earth Orbit (LEO) is in excess of 17,000 MPH. An altitude of 100-300 miles certainly qualifies as a LEO altitude.

Were these objects descending?

Or was the author of the report just counting on the reader's lack of knowledge regarding Orbital Mechanics?

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Im not seeing the word orbit mentioned at all so im not sure what your contention is.
They just gave velocity and height as an example of what they were seeing them do, and to point out that our material sciences cant take these forces
It wasnt specified whether they noticed these ascending or descending, but i get the feeling its fairly frequent for these visits so probably they flew up down and sideways . In fact the first meeting minutes seem to imply the frequency of visits increased every 6 weeks and especially when we approach Mars.

a reply to: Mantiss2021

edit on 10-2-2022 by Exit89 because: Added theory

edit on 10-2-2022 by Exit89 because: Did a whoops

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Ive been getting emails for 2 months about that.

I contacted HQ and informed them, but everyone at HQ is still working remotely.
Im sure it will be addressed. But when... thats the question hahah

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Never any hard evidence just stories with as many crashes that have been reported - Someone would have got a photo or a piece of the crash the military cant always get there before the locals .

I want to believe and even seen what I consider a UFO once looked like a tuna can but was probably the space station or a satellite it was in day light way way up .

Just like Bigfoot pictures or it didn't happen even then it probably didn't happen I blame this site for my skepticism now . HARD EVIDENCE !

Known crashes are reported Unknowns are not you mean to tell me no one has stumbled across a unknown crash with as many rumored odds say there are unknowns .
edit on 10-2-2022 by Ravenwatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2022 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I can completely respect that stance. Most of us in this field really need evidence of some kind to even consider talking about it. In my opinion there has to be a line in the sand where everyone has a suspension of disbelief though. For me when there is a government report of a man seeing a UFO and then the area having high radiation readings, investigated and reported on by government officials,that cannot be explained, I consider this corroborative evidence giving credit to the story.

a reply to: Ravenwatcher

posted on Feb, 17 2022 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I'm concentrating on light-carrying mothership reports such as the Yukon case [December 1996], was it mentioned in this data base?

posted on Feb, 18 2022 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Mantiss2021

I don't believe the object in question was alleged to be free-falling, as within a decaying orbit at low altitude, but rather under it's own, as yet, indeterminate, propulsion. With enough energy expenditure, the object might maintain it's orbit, or even accelerate to another level. Of course, it may not be able to sustain this for very long - but I have a hunch they can do some aerobatic trickery we haven't even imagined yet.

In any event - thanks for the great resource reminder, OP! There should be an international push to open more documents globally. But in the meantime - hats off to Canada for facilitating research in the field.

edit on 2/18/2022 by Outrageo because: c me @ L5

new topics

top topics

join