It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wait Wait Wait Seven Interest Rate Hikes?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Feb, 7 2022 @ 05:28 PM
link   
www.cnbc.com...

BofA and Harris have issued the most aggressive Fed call on Wall Street for this year. The bank’s economists see seven quarter-percentage-point rate hikes in 2022, followed by four more next year.

“I actually think it’s not a radical call,” Harris said of the bank’s expectation for 11 hikes through 2023. “It’s just the path of least resistance for a central bank that’s starting at zero.”

Everything I read said four this year and now they are saying (recommending) seven, so if anyone thinks it will be four next year they are crazy.

Also, anyone that has anything that would be adjusted by these rates, I highly suggest paying it down asap. Find any means necessary to pay it off.
The other thing I noticed is that my bank is now offering mostly adjustable rate loans. Before they offered many fixed rate loans for
mortgages.

For the young ones, these rates have been insanely low for quite a while. There is basically a whole generation that doesn't know anything but low rates. This is going to cause a whiplash to the whole system. Buckle up it's going to be a wild ride!

PS. I love that they are blaming it on everyone making too much!
PS. Learn to garden
PS. Hoarding has never been bad, but they wanted to make you look crazy, who's crazy now!

posted on Feb, 7 2022 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

so that's the name for the new Snow White movie

Snow White and the 7 little Interest rate hikes

posted on Feb, 7 2022 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

so that's the name for the new Snow White movie

Snow White and the 7 little Interest rate hikes

And some may see it as the Magnificent Seven.

posted on Feb, 7 2022 @ 05:45 PM
link   
It's not looking good for those with no lock in variable rate.
Nice trap for the bankers friends to own the houses, but who will the renters be, illegal aliens.
edit on 0200000040452022-02-07T17:45:40-06:00454002pm5 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2022 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Market was flat today, historically not good.

Crypto spiked. Housing is a mess.

I mean, the writing is on the wall.

Buckle up, stay safe and prepare in your own way.

posted on Feb, 7 2022 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Just have to look at the homeless problem and that should guide you into the housing crises on the horizon.

posted on Feb, 7 2022 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
The other thing I noticed is that my bank is now offering mostly adjustable rate loans. Before they offered many fixed rate loans for
mortgages.

Wonder how many adjustable mortgages have been issued recently. Is 2008 really a lost lesson?

There is basically a whole generation that doesn't know anything but low rates. This is going to cause a whiplash to the whole system.

Had relatives in the 1980s with their savings in 12% CDs. A completely different world.

posted on Feb, 7 2022 @ 06:04 PM
link   
What? You mean that we will actually get some interest on our savings accounts by the end of the year? Wow, never saw that coming...I thought they might start charging us to keep money in the bank the way things were going.

posted on Feb, 7 2022 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

They do.

Inflation.

posted on Feb, 7 2022 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Interests rates have been way too low for way too long. It's overdue that they do up to a more reasonable level.

posted on Feb, 7 2022 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Interests rates have been way too low for way too long. It's overdue that they do up to a more reasonable level.

It's overdue but are they going to cram it all in a two year period!

posted on Feb, 7 2022 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Serious question

Okay so explain why 7 little incrementally hikes are better than say 2 or 3 or even 1 big hike rip the bandaid off.

posted on Feb, 7 2022 @ 06:22 PM
link   
wow dont read much for a few days...

last I heard it was 4 and people were panicking now its 7 this is going to suck.

posted on Feb, 7 2022 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Serious question

Okay so explain why 7 little incrementally hikes are better than say 2 or 3 or even 1 big hike rip the bandaid off.

Would you rather have 7 little cigarette burns? Or the whole molten lava poured over your head?
That is what it would seem like.
People can't handle big change, but little change bit by bit is more palatable.

posted on Feb, 7 2022 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
What? You mean that we will actually get some interest on our savings accounts by the end of the year?

Do you really think we'll see that 0.50% or less in savings accounts and CDs start to move up?

Me? Not holding my breath....

posted on Feb, 7 2022 @ 06:37 PM
link   

They have inflation in one hand and a huge bubble in the other. Doing something to ease inflation hurts the bubble, Doing something to help the bubble from popping raises inflation. Looks like a hell of a pickle.

I'd say it's looking like a recession late this year, early next year. Hopefully it's just a recession and not runaway inflation

posted on Feb, 7 2022 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

I'd say it's looking like a recession late this year, early next year. Hopefully it's just a recession and not runaway inflation

I love reading about the Great Depression. I think about how something like that would translate these days.
I don’t think a lot of people would be able to handle it, I think we are seeing some of that already.

There is a beautiful part of it too, some people need to be pressured in order to show their fullest potential..

posted on Feb, 7 2022 @ 06:58 PM
link   

with over $30T in national debt our own government couldn't even service the debt servicing payments at that point without MAJOR tax increases/defaulting on unfunded liabilities like medicaid/etc.

They won't get past 4 rate hikes (at MOST) before backing off and then the real rollercoaster in markets begins SMH

posted on Feb, 7 2022 @ 07:03 PM
link   
They want to drive down real estate prices and create higher government paid interest payments on new Treasury sales.

And then small businesses will pay much more for loans. Bye Bye batf#ks 🦇🤣

POP went the Balloon 🤣🦇🤣

edit on Feb-07-2022 by xuenchen because: DryCobbed_zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

posted on Feb, 7 2022 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

That is a fact. They will never make it to seven before the economy breaks. They will be cutting rates again before long. Record spending and nothing to show for it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join