It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boots In Coutts - A Report From The Western Front

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wisenox
a reply to: NorthOfStuff

I think the choice of location is much better than Ottawa. At least for now. This area is harder for provocateurs to subvert. Hard to start a riot with no buildings.

Some of the replies in here mention disruptions in shipping, etc... They do have a point. Some of the country will side with the government on those issues, which could be divisive for the people.
It would be a good idea to craft messaging to address those issues, just to ease the concerns.

One question to anyone in the area, where is internet service coming from, and is it vulnerable to being blocked?
If it is vulnerable, pay attention to what towers/internet sources you are connecting to, so that you will know if its been changed (like what happens with stinger trucks).

The internet and cell service is provided by towers in the area. Piece of cake to turn off if they desire.

Due to Coutts' isolated location I was suspecting that this would be the first place that the Government would try something underhanded, away from prying eyes.

After what has been happening in Ottawa over the last few days it seems that the Government could care less about being discreet.

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 04:51 PM
link   

I agree, lifting restrictions needs to be one part of a larger solution. The government lifting restrictions will just put the restrictions in the hands of the corporations. They have to be stopped as well.

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 04:55 PM
link   

The internet and cell service is provided by towers in the area. Piece of cake to turn off if they desire.

May be good to ID the towers. At least they would know if their tower switched to a different source.

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: NorthOfStuff
Hello ATS!

Fourteen hours behind the wheel this weekend. It was well worth the drive!

I arrived in Milk River Saturday morning and the sight was mind blowing.

Just to put the location of Coutts and Milk River into context - it is pretty much in the middle of nowhere.
The towns are located in the far south of Alberta, surrounded by farm land.
The highway leads into Montana, just across the border, and that's about the only reason for traveling the road other than local traffic.

The RCMP roadblock north of Coutts is located just south of Milk River. This crowd of cars, tractors, trucks, horses, atvs and people were on their way to Coutts and were blocked here by the RCMP.

The crowd is totally peaceful and upbeat and the interaction with the police is friendly.

This is the main camp where people are gathering at the far south end of the convoy. It took me over half an hour to walk here at a good pace from were I parked my truck at the north end.

My hope was that I could head back to the town of Milk River and head east then south on back roads and find an alternate rout to Coutts.
This next picture shows how unpopulated the area actually is.

After about an hour of driving I arrived at Coutts.

This is where supplies are getting into the Protestors. There is a small RCMP roadblock and they are allowing people to park and walk into the town.

It was crazy windy. Much windier than Milk River which was about an hour away. Most people ware hunkered down in their trucks, cars, and in the saloon. Even so it was amazing to see and talk with people who were all supportive of the cause.

Here is the blockade with one lane open.

More people were arriving the whole time that I was there.

This is a start, I will post more today after work. Please ask me any questions and I will try and answer them later when I post more information.

FREEDOM and PEACE!

Thank you so much for posting this!! I have been watching this unfold and am so very proud of my brothers and sisters taking a stand for our freedom!!

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 02:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
You people really do take the biscuit. Truckers demonstrations? Now think just who organised this mass truck fest. Ooopps, yes the truckers union. But the majority on ATS are always posting "the truckers union are destroying the economy because they are in the pockets of the PTB" "the trucker union is communist", bad truckers this, bad truckers that.
Now there are doing something that you like all is forgiven, they're good now. BS, BS, BS.

It is a pleasant irony.

People are starting to realize that organized groups of any kind, labor or otherwise, are better than being on the end of corporate puppet strings, dangling as they will you.

Libertarians don't realize their economic ideals would make the whole country easy pickings for "divide and conquer" strategies. If your main labor force is living hand to mouth, working 80 hours a week to pay the rent, they can't do anything but bend over and take it when government decides it's time to "take their meds". (Or their vax)

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Somehow missed this post before, just want to say great thread!!! Thanks for all the great pics and reporting!!!

Love that one sign "Stop Castros little Bastard" 😂😂😂

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Milk River Live Cam.

While it lasts…

ETA you will need to select “watch on YouTube”
edit on 2 10 2022 by NorthOfStuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2022 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Second hand info out of Milk River is that something is going down with the RCMP.

That’s all I know at this point.

posted on Feb, 13 2022 @ 10:31 PM
link   

And Coutts apparently.

Live cams are off line. Word that tac team is on site in at least one location but possibly both.

Update, I’m getting conflicting info so I’ll try and verify what’s going on.

edit on 2 13 2022 by NorthOfStuff because: (no reason given)

edit on 2 13 2022 by NorthOfStuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 02:15 PM
link   
There was police action last night.

Apparently some vehicles and firearms were seized by the RCMP and there were 11 arrests. This was at Coutts.

edit on 2 14 2022 by NorthOfStuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 03:15 PM
link   
The protests at the Windsor-Detroit crossing have been dismantled.

But by an amazing coincidence, the premiere of Ontario has announced that his province is scrapping COVID passports.

Trucker Protest on U.S. Border Cleared After Ontario Drops Mandates

Message received. He doesn't want that to happen again.

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Rumour has it that Coutts is being dismantled and there have been arrests.

So much disinfo right now though.

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Rumour has it that Coutts is being dismantled and there have been arrests.

So much disinfo right now though.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join