It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are you seeing economically in your area?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2022 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Still seeing the same kinds of grocery shortages as the last thread here in W MI (dairy, beans, rice, even ramen still, etc) & they're all either MIA or in short supply.

I've noticed lower stock than usual for winter for bananas, eggs keep swinging upwards of 50 cents a day (i.e they can cost a buck fiddy one day, or $2 the next)

Milk still seems to be limited, hubs stopped in at Aldi today & noticed the still-low milk cooler amount. He left empty-handed, though, he went in for a canned soup he wanted & they had none at all, period.

Alarming stuff I've noticed includes noticing more food charity dates (like the Feeding America ones) are cropping up everywhere & the lines we've seen of cars waiting are getting increasingly longer with increasingly more "upper crust" cars. That tells me the upper middle class is getting their wallets battered, too.

Speaking of cars, I've also noticed a lot of cars on repo haulers on the roads lately. And it runs the gamut from #bucket to Maserati... That can't be a good sign.
edit on 2/7/2022 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2022 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Also forgot to add empty car dealerships. Just drove by the local honda and most of the parking lot is empty. other dealers the same.

I know of someone who flew out of state to pickup a truck.

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Basically what everyone is saying grocery stores, at least mine are getting bare, meat prices are up. Everything has gone up basically. We don't heat, we have hot water tank, but my husband has stated that electricity has gone up. Gas prices have gone up, it varies at each gas station, I have 3 in my town, Shell is 3.49 per gallon, a quick stop is 3.45, and we have a huge gas place called Rockies that is 3.35 per gallon, I go to the cheap place.

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 08:39 AM
link   
AND I ordered a new truck July 16th 2021. Was delayed again and again and again. Now to be built the week of 2 21 2022. Been waiting for 7 months. Dealer offered me $5k more than I signed for. I take it home and I can get $10 k more. We'll see.

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

Also forgot to add empty car dealerships. Just drove by the local honda and most of the parking lot is empty. other dealers the same.

I know of someone who flew out of state to pickup a truck.

I'll be passing by a large dealership today, I'm curious to see what is in their lot now!

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Bad crime, high grocery bills and a growing cost of living. Anything being shipped takes longer than it used to and communities are divided and angry.

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Housing market is still going up here. No issues getting food at the markets I patronize or with restaurants in the area. The company I work for is extremely busy and we are shorthanded by two people on my team.

Same - and at least two people a team here and having a devil of a time finding qualified talent. The economy is ripping.

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 05:56 AM
link   

what ive noticed in glasgow city centre at least is every office and building up for lease
I was looking for a warehouse to start a basketball gym
and everything is up for sale or rent

al the huge offices in the city centre
loads of them

but its weird , they just completed a brand new Banking headquarters in the tradeston area across the river .
So no idea how thats happened , when the future for scotland was looking bleak post brexit and post covid
why did a bank decide to build a new headquarters here

puzzling

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 09:20 AM
link   

New car prices have risen and new car numbers in dealerships have dropped dramatically. I'd be pissed if I needed a new car today. Gasoline is $3.69 a gallon which is almost $1 higher than last year. Store shelves are empty of cat food. I think dog food is still available. Meat is more expensive and harder to get. Except through local butchers and sellers. Home prices have soared and realtors are crawling over each other to get people to sell or to buy . I'm sick of all the " We pay cash" for homes flyers. I would bet these people will lowball elderly home owners and then resell for a quick and big payout. Paint is nigh impossible to get. Likewise many home repair products. And food prices have gone up across the board. People are not wearing masks unless employers make them. Some elderly still wear them and schools are a hotspot over fights to stop forcing students to wear them. Everybody was, maybe still are, getting Covid with the vaxxed being the most numerous of new cases. But now they're pushing small children to get vaxxed, despite increasing reports the vaxxes do nothing to protect you.

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I did attempt to build a garden fence in the first summer of covid , couldnt get wood anywhere in Scotland
all the wood merchants were out of fencing materials , no posts, rails or panels

there was also the curious case of no highland spring bottled water
which is manufactured at a local spring near stirling
and I live in Glasgow , the shops had all the water from England but no water from Scotland
and they said it was a logistics issue.
My friends were saying they had loads of highland spring on the shelves in England

not sure , but thats the only things ive noticed in terms of supply and demand.

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Welp, add credit card theft to the list.

Got a notification from my cc company that unusual activity on my card.
They noticed that someone made a walmart purchase on my card. On one hand I think it is hilarious that it sets a flag
that it's not a normal purchase for me. On the other hand it ticks me off that people just love to steal.
All these jobs, yet it they just steal.

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 04:48 AM
link   

speaking of credit cards , and theft, its the same with credit card debt
it equates to theft if you run up loads of bills and debt and then just completely dingy the credit company
now the law would say that its theft , but in reality the money doesnt actually exist as its all just digital 1's and 0's

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join