It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian conspiracy

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2022 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Do you really think Jesus would have wanted his face, framed and placed in every different Christianity based worship place, often depicting a different race?

Only begotten? A term that was King James created and not forgotten. It wasn’t around when Eve ate a fruit that was rotten or Adam noticed that he needed a leaf, a snake that gave them knowledge beyond their wildest belief.

It really just seems kind of odd to connect a Prophet to the holy trinity when he stated several times there’s just one God.

Not sure what I currently believe. So many posts stating similarities between the stories in the Bible and Greek Mythology.

Probably because Paul the deceiver lies to form a group of believers as he graduated head of his class in Greek mythology and other studies like that, go ahead and fact check that, or fact check this Apollonius.

What is your take on the validity of the Bible?

posted on Feb, 5 2022 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: CJS4life

ask 5 people and get 5 different answers likely.
Personally, it's a guide, not a history book. Stories to teach morality and reinforce God's love.
The best part, everyone is right, since nobody can prove differently.

posted on Feb, 5 2022 @ 09:17 AM
link   
This pretty much sums it up for me:

In context (playlist).
edit on 5-2-2022 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2022 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Archaeologically the Bible has been proven to be a good history book and fairly accurate.

There are regularly new archeological finds that surprise by showing the Bible is fairly historically correct. Some of the descriptions of historical facts (names of rulers, historical places, historical buildings, disasters) are from the persepctive of people without the knowledge we have today of science and causation, but are still proving to be historically accurate regardless of the descriptions which with today's knowledge we consider "fantasy like".

www.biblicalarchaeology.org...
www.prevailmagazine.org...

Archaeology has been called “the Bible’s best friend,” a statement that reflects the long history of discoveries supportive of the biblical record. From the discovery of the Cyrus Cylinder in 1879, to the Dead Sea Scrolls in 1947, to the Pool of Siloam in 2004

Egypt’s invasion of Israel (1 Kings 14:25); the Assyrian siege of Lachish (2 Kings 18-19); the trade relations between Israel and Sheba (1 Kings 10); the Babylonian conquest of Jerusalem; and the reigns of Kings Omri, Ahab, Uzziah, Hezekiah, Ahaz, Jeroboam II, and Jehoiachin (1 and 2 Kings)—all are recorded in the Bible and all have been confirmed by archaeology. And the previously mentioned discovery of the Dead Sea Scrolls, one of the most significant finds of the 20th century, was decisive proof of the reliability of the Bible’s manuscripts.

Many secular archaeologists used to say that David was a legendary figure, on par with King Arthur, rather than a historical king. Rather, that was their position until they found the Tel Dan Stela, a basalt stone dating from the 9th century BC bearing David’s name and identifying him as king of Israel
www.gotquestions.org...

You can look it up for yourself, I could go on and on.

As for your contentions, it is obviously from the point of view of someone with an ax to grind because of what someone did to you or said to you. Christians are not perfect, they should never claim to be. As a matter of fact one thing all Christians should understand is that Jesus himself said no one is perfect, and that because everyone and He meant everyone is a sinner and makes tons of mistakes they need the guidance of his one and only new commandment "Love your neighbor as yourself." Of course, there are people who hate themselves, even Christians, yes even Christians, and they will, as humans do, not behave as they should toward others.

Since the teachings of the New Testament in particular emphasize love for others, being kind to others, being accepting of people who make mistakes in their lives, being humble and not thinking yourself above others: well I think that is a wonderful thing.

The things the Bible forbids are mostly things that keep one healthy and are good for you.
In those days promiscuity and multiple sexual partners ended often in syphilis which was life ending in a horrible way, so monogamy kept one from then incurable STD's. In those days and these days getting drunk regularly can ruin your life and the lives of those you love.

If you look at some of the Jewish laws, they were necessary for health reasons, pork was often ridden with parasites, and keeping clean regularly was uncommon except for those who followed the "rules" of the Torah and Talmud. Wanting very badly what others have and you don't still leads to crime and violence.

The Bible commands people to take care of the poor and needy. The Bible commands people to take care of their family and to care for the elderly family members. Things I find noble and wonderful.

There is so much in the Bible that is good and points to a life of joy rather than heartache through behavior that leads to an unhappy and unhealthy life. There is so much in the Bible that doesn't just encourage but commands people to take care of people who are unable to care for themselves. There is so much that has proven time and time again to be historically accurate. It is hard for me to not believe. There is enough evidence that especially the New Testament encourages a life of helping others, love for others, and a lifestyle that helps to keep one healthy, that I can not help but be drawn to it's conclusions about eternity.

If I follow the Bible and am wrong. Who is harmed? I know you will say LGBTQ, so here it is: The bible does say not to engage in homosexuality, bestiality, or sex outside of marriage, but consider the times, the lack of curative medicines, and health practices, Even today anal sex can and sometimes does cause lack of control of bowel movements (yuck). www.reuters.com... BUT, no pun intended, the Bible also commands us to love everyone, that includes LGBTQ and to be kind to them and caring toward them. I recently congratulated a gay friend of mine on his wedding, it is not up to me to judge or condemn, it is up to me as a Christian to treat people with love and to be kind to all I encounter.

I personally see no harm in people following the Bible. You do obviously, and that is ok, we are each entitled to our own opinion and still to be respected and loved.

If the Bible is wrong, then following it has done no harm, nothing happens, I dissolve into nothingness and no one gains or is harmed. If the Bible is right then following it leads to a very pleasant ending of life in this dimension and I gain by moving on to another dimension of life.

I choose to take my chances and believe in Jesus and his divinity, and have my energy (soul) end up in a very pleasant alternate dimension.

edit on 2/5/22 by The2Billies because: format

posted on Feb, 5 2022 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: CJS4life
The similarities to other cultural beliefs and religions goes back a LOT further than ancient Greece. They go all the way back to ancient Sumeria, the birthplace of almost all religions on the earth today.

The same as my take on most religious texts. There is little validity, besides some mostly inaccurate history, but people should have the freedom to believe as they will as long as they don't force, coerce, or badger others to believe as they do.

edit on 2/5/2022 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2022 @ 10:05 AM
link   

If God can speak through a donkey and a burning bush, then He can also be inside a human being ... and everywhere else He needs to be.

posted on Feb, 5 2022 @ 10:23 AM
link   
You have already made up your mind on this matter.

No one online will convince you otherwise.

posted on Feb, 5 2022 @ 10:23 AM
link   

You are far from the only one to Attack Saul of Taris AKA Paul, he was and IS a genuine servant of Christ so get your facts right.

But of course the DEVIL HATES Paul, why?.

Simple really before Paul only Jews could be Christians or as they were called Followers of the way but Christ himself the GOOD SHEPHERD said I have OTHER Sheep.

Satan HATES Paul because he can not claim his soul despite having first used him to persecute the Christians before Christ blinded the devil within him on the road to Damascus and let him see once he had converted to the truth.

Satan HATES Paul because he wants the nations to be damned and yet Paul a DEVOUT orthodox JEW and former persecutor of the Christians whom once stoned to death a faithful follower of Christ and caused the persecution of others because he thought they were blaspheming and whom was forcibly converted by a miracle at the will of Christ has snatched them out of his hand.

If you were correct which you are definitely NOT then were do you stand on your salvation, if you were a Christian which you are NOT then how can you be unless you are a Jew if you are Correct which you are NOT.

There ARE plenty of Jewish Christians and ALL Jews will be saved in God's good time (though those that do not come to Christ live by the LAW, under the law sin is DEATH and whom has not fallen short who has not sinned) but Christs GRACE is far greater than that and he knows he has other children among the corrupted nation's and he sent Paul to bring them home.

WHO DO YOU SERVE.

Choose the correct path there is only ONE good shepherd.

Christians still live under the law though we no longer have to be physically circumcised, our circumcision is one of the spirit, of faith and of the heart and through Christ the Christians (not all that call themselves that but those that live by his grace) are saved and delivered from there sin, the branch grafted on - too the house of Israel by the blood and grace of Christ.

edit on 5-2-2022 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2022 @ 10:30 AM
link   
My church is the woods, lots less people wearing perfume and cologne that bothers me out there. I do think that the squirrels and chippies think we are nuts sometimes, got bit a couple of times by those critters over the years,

posted on Feb, 5 2022 @ 10:34 AM
link   
That the N.T is as forgiving an liberal as the Talmud, and that Jesus was one hell of trouble maker, an hell bent on justice instead of vengeance.

Also the fact he was probably indifferent to everyone, including the gays. Aint that horrifying?
edit on 5-2-2022 by Proto88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2022 @ 11:23 AM
link   
His face or Cesare Borgia´s face ?

posted on Feb, 5 2022 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Answer. Accurate but there is a problem. Best I can figure there's something long term going on. Turns out a 2000 year curse was triggered with the death of John the Baptist which Jesus Christ claimed was Elijah the prophet. Who was supposed to have been a co-messiah in the 1st century apocalypse.

This curse is still running which then also means the 70 week 490 year prophecy of Daniel 9 never completed. So literally the world has been in a Apocalypse that started around 500-700 BC and is still running. And a side effect of a Bible curse is stupidity.

You're not supposed to understand until the curse is over.

posted on Feb, 5 2022 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Proto88

He was about not acting wrong in ways that harm you or others because that's not love, and that is overly simplifying it. However, looking at the moral rules most people scoff at violating them, even if you don't feel they hurt you personally, they can end up hurting others around you ways that you may not see immediately but that will echo outward for years, decades to come.

posted on Feb, 5 2022 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I'm still a fan of the old Testament where slavery was allowed any you can hate ugly people.

How can God lay down the law in the OT and then just go "Nevermind"

I know the vendors of apologetics have all the answers.
edit on 5-2-2022 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2022 @ 05:56 PM
link   
not just Greek similarities.... it goes way further back many thousands of years to the Holy Vedas the oldest scriptures that many are not familiar with

posted on Feb, 5 2022 @ 06:24 PM
link   

It’s the word of God and a document. A history book. A prophetic book. A Holy Book. The greatest story ever told, as people have said, of a man walking on water and raising the dead being betrayed and crucified by the very people he came to save from evil and sin, into paradise. A book of laws, a way of life, a mystical and greatly spiritual book, a book of love and who God is and what he is and our origins and place in the universe as a beloved children, the almighty Creator of Heaven and Earth, and all that is seen and unseen. A book of hope, of great power and imagery, a gateway to Christ and God, that spawned the Holy Catholic Church, that to this day, stands, a book of Truth, a testimony and a covenant. Used for Good and inspiration, twisted by evil men and Satan into doing bad.

edit on 5-2-2022 by Randomname2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2022 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

To an extent yes, but he was a rebel without a cause, or a sane one to say the least. He did challenge archaic values, and status quo at the time, thing is him being God in the flesh makes him that much more culpable, or in his case, capable.

His pronounced birth caused a mass infanticide by scaring Hesod, beat Satan, knew Judas was going to betray him beforehand an he died, triggered the crap out of his own people but got killed by a pagan/gentile, and that guy died by Jesus robe, all while the King of the Jews didn't save Israel or Judah from Rome.

And that not including other variations where he that more petty or impulsive like his daddy.

Christianity does follow or aim for the Golden Rule though, just matter of if it practicing or preaching. An eye for an eye make the world blind I guess.
edit on 5-2-2022 by Proto88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2022 @ 08:20 PM
link   

It really just seems kind of odd to connect a Prophet to the holy trinity when he stated several times there’s just one God.

There is scripture that suggest Jesus was just a man. There is also scripture that suggest Jesus is God. That contradiction can only be overcome by altering our defination of "god". It can only mean we are all made in the image of God. All humans existing in the one vine that is rooted in God.

That understanding is rejected by the ego-mind that refuses to accept mortality of its distinct self. So truth in the christian bible is hidden in double entendre. To appease the hordes that will never attan salvation.
edit on 5-2-2022 by glend because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2022 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Randomname2

Even the bibles NWO originators don't claim it's historical fact, the book is pure fantasy, propaganda.

Eighteen years ago, on October 29, 1999, Haaretz published an article by Tel Aviv University's Ze’ev Herzog, whose message was spelled out in the very headline: “The Bible: No evidence on the ground.”

Today, 18 years on, armed with cutting-edge dating and molecular technologies, archaeologists increasingly agree with Herzog that generally, the Bible does not reflect historical truths.
www.haaretz.com...

What there is evidence for is the Pentateuch was fabricated around 272 BCE, an inversion of the older Sumerian myths recorded by Berossus.

Berossus and Genesis
edit on 5-2-2022 by primalfractal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2022 @ 01:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: The2Billies
... As a matter of fact one thing all Christians should understand is that Jesus himself said no one is perfect, and that because everyone and He meant everyone is a sinner and makes tons of mistakes they need the guidance of his one and only new commandment "Love your neighbor as yourself." ...

Are you sure you want to go with the expression, "one and only"? The expression "new commandment" you use seems to also be referring to John 13:34,35 where Jesus is more specifically talking about the love for other disciples of Jesus. Where he says: “I am giving you a new commandment, that you love one another; just as I have loved you, you also love one another. By this all will know that you are my disciples—if you have love among yourselves.”

Anyway, coming back to the expression "one and only" as used in reference to the commandment "Love your neighbor as yourself." Here's the account where Jesus mentions that commandment, Matthew 22:34-40 (NW):

After the Pharisees heard that he had silenced the Sadducees, they came together in one group. And one of them, versed in the Law, tested him by asking: “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?” He said to him: “‘You must love Jehovah your God with your whole heart and with your whole soul and with your whole mind.’ This is the greatest and first commandment. 39 The second, like it, is this: ‘You must love your neighbor as yourself.’ On these two commandments the whole Law hangs, and the Prophets.”

Don't you find it peculiar that you might overlook “the greatest and first commandment” when describing “the second” commandment (which is related to it) as the "one and only" ("new commandment")? Are any of these 2 commandments really "new"* anyway (*: as in given at that time for the first time)? He was referring to the commandments already given at Deuteronomy 6:5 and Leviticus 19:18 after all.

Deuteronomy 6:5 (ASV):

“and thou shalt love Jehovah thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.”

Leviticus 19:18 (ASV):

“Thou shalt not take vengeance, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people; but thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself: I am Jehovah.”

Of course it is true what Paul says at Galatians 5:14 (NW):

For the entire Law has been fulfilled in one commandment, namely: “You must love your neighbor as yourself.”

But if one ignores that there is also a “greatest and first commandment”, you will have a hard time understanding the relationship between these 2 commandments.

“I rejoice very much because I have found some of your children walking in the truth, just as we received commandment from the Father. So now I request you, lady, that we love one another. (I am writing you, not a new commandment, but one that we had from the beginning.) And this is what love means, that we go on walking according to his commandments. This is the commandment, just as you have heard from the beginning, that you should go on walking in it. For many deceivers have gone out into the world, those not acknowledging Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is the deceiver and the antichrist.” (2 John 4-7)

Might some people overlook “the greatest and first commandment” because of those who behave much like those described by Jehovah as “they intend to make my people forget my name”? (Jer 23:27,28)

Coming back to the expression "walking according to his commandments":

edit on 6-2-2022 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join