It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNNs DON LEMON hints that Zucker's Disgraced Exit May Doom His Black Gay Primetime Anchorship.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2022 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Saturday, February 5, 2022

JEFF ZUCKER, the CEO of Cable News Network (CNN) was forced to resign earlier this week, because personal scandals were coming to light. Here is how evening show host DON LEMON finally let loose Friday evening...

"It's been a really tough day, today, and a tough few days for us here at CNN. All week, really. I didn't want to talk about until tonight," Lemon told his viewers.

"So the truth is, we're all heartbroken because we lost our leader here. We lost a man who was the backbone, the glue and the spirit of this company, the man who I personally credit with change in my life, the man who believed in me when nobody else did.

He is the reason that you have a gay Black man with two hours of primetime, a show with my name on it, the only anchor of color in primetime on cable news, think about that. You want to talk about diversity? Here it is!"

Lemon credited Zucker for making CNN "relevant again" and "steadied it for the last decade," insisting he left the network a "very good blueprint going forward."

"So, thank you, Jeff Zucker, for everything you did for everyone at this network and for what you did to the entire country -- for the entire country."
Source: www.foxnews.com...

Don Lemon is obviously torn up over his boss being forced to leave. I wonder if he feels Jeff Zucker SHOULD have left, considering he violated his own rules?

Most Experts Say CEO Zucker Did the Right Thing: www.nbcnews.com...

I wonder if DON LEMON is worried that some "skeletons" may come out of his closet?

Over the past 90 days, several CNN personalities have either been Forced Out in Disgrace (Chris Cuomo), Arrested (John Griffin), or Found Guilty by a Jury (Michael Avenatti).

-CareWeMust

posted on Feb, 5 2022 @ 03:16 AM
link   
We can only hope it does.

a reply to: carewemust

posted on Feb, 5 2022 @ 03:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer

I agree. Fingers crossed that the criminals and perverts at CNN keep being smoked out and removed.

It was CEO Jeff Zucker who let CNN analyst Jeffrey Toobin come back, even after he was visually caught masturbating on a multi-outlet zoom meeting.

Now that Zucker is gone, Toobin may be permanently removed.
edit on 2/5/2022 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2022 @ 04:43 AM
link   

What a tiresome drama queen Lemon is. Boring feelz.

Cheers

posted on Feb, 5 2022 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Zucker's disgraced exit from CNN may doom Don Lemon's hope for Primetime Anchorship

That's a shame ...

posted on Feb, 5 2022 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Yes I hope it happens extremely fast.
Not because he is gay, not because he is black but because he is a ultra-partisan Liberal hack.

posted on Feb, 5 2022 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Couldn't happen to a nicer subpar TV opinion reader. His delivery is good, but he doesn't strike me as very intelligent. He's also a huge racist. Didn't we read about his own sexual misconduct not that long ago? looking forward to seeing him struggle on a podcast soon. He's done a lot of damage helping to divide the country.

posted on Feb, 5 2022 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Jeff Zucker’s CNN successor faces a big mess: scandals and falling ratings

I'd be worried for my job if I was Don Lemmon too. Clearly Turner Broadcasting System fired Zucker for CNN'S falling rating; the affair/papper-work scandal was how they allowed him to save face ove the firing. When you have ratings issues the first place you look is at the prime time slot and they guy with his name in the show title. Lemmon doesn't seem to be going quietly; he had been negotiating till this past Friday; but now he plans to blast CNN as racist and bigoted when they let him go.

CEO of CNN’s new owner calls network ‘leader in news to the left’

The boss of CNN's new parent company said on Friday the network was "the leader in news to the left" – but his communications team soon scrambled to walk back the frank admission, insisting he wasn’t talking about politics.

Discovery CEO David Zaslav, whose media giant is set to close its merger with CNN’s owner WarnerMedia this spring, made the surprise remark during a discussion about the network’s future – days after the abrupt resignation of the network’s president, Jeff Zucker.

"We have this great entertainment menu, which should keep people in the home, from the kids to the grandparents. Why would they go anywhere else? And then we’re the leader in news to the left," Zaslav told CNBC on Friday.

Clearly Discovery CEO David Zaslav was worried about his brand name ... on one hand he had a "great entertainment menu, which should keep people in the home, from the kids to the grandparents" ... and on the other hand he had "the leader in news to the left". Since the second had the real potential to harm the brand of the first; he plans to clean house at CNN.

posted on Feb, 5 2022 @ 08:20 AM
link   
must gonna be a woman take over CNN

no more dick to . . .

posted on Feb, 5 2022 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: dandandat2

Clearly Turner Broadcasting System fired Zucker for CNN'S falling rating; the affair/papper-work scandal was how they allowed him to save face ove the firing.

Somehow I think the scandal is the real reason he stepped down. Usually when a CEO does poorly and the board wants to get rid of him/her, they say things like "he's stepping down to pursue other interests". Very rarely do the get fired.

Besides, the buy out by Discovery is probably the most important thing on the board's mind. They'll want to get rid of anything that might jeopardize that.

posted on Feb, 5 2022 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Doesn’t Mr lemon have a pending lawsuit?

nypost.com...

posted on Feb, 5 2022 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2

What a tiresome drama queen Lemon is. Boring feelz.

Cheers

If the new CNN CEO turns out to be a "normal" media guy, what new role will Lemon be placed in?

posted on Feb, 5 2022 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

Yes I hope it happens extremely fast.
Not because he is gay, not because he is black but because he is a ultra-partisan Liberal hack.

Rachel Maddow is another. She suddenly announced a "temporary" departure from MSNBC earlier this week.

There might be more going on under the surface than we realize.

Something related to Maxwell, Children, Media people. (2 CNN lead producers were charged with child sex offenses by the DOJ over recent months.)

posted on Feb, 5 2022 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti

originally posted by: dandandat2

Clearly Turner Broadcasting System fired Zucker for CNN'S falling rating; the affair/papper-work scandal was how they allowed him to save face ove the firing.

Somehow I think the scandal is the real reason he stepped down. Usually when a CEO does poorly and the board wants to get rid of him/her, they say things like "he's stepping down to pursue other interests". Very rarely do the get fired.

The nuts and bults of the story simply don't add up...

Single guy keeps an office affair secret for years ... until he is asked about it where he decides to suddenly come clean in order to nobly face the music.

How did they know to ask about it unless they already knew? How long have they known and why didn't they get rid of him as soon as they found out if its a offense worth firing? Why did it take the Governor of New York getting accused of sexual harassment; that snared his news anchor brother in ethics violations; in order to ask Zucker about his affair?

Why didn't Zucker continue the covering up his affair as he had done for years.

Besides, the buy out by Discovery is probably the most important thing on the board's mind. They'll want to get rid of anything that might jeopardize that.

Agreed and a political active CEO is exactly the kinda problem they would want to get rid of as not to jeopardize the successful merger; why buy Discovery only to see its content be tainted with half your audience?

edit on 5-2-2022 by dandandat2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2022 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Lemon has big time diversity armor.

I don't think they can just fire him easily without him being able to accuse them of discrimination on some grounds.

posted on Feb, 5 2022 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I wonder if the "going broke" part of "being woke" is finally forcing the business heads to reconnect with reality.

Ironic it is happening during a looney left presidential administration.

Cheers

posted on Feb, 5 2022 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Zucker's "exit" was mired in BS and hidden lies and so will Lemon's "exit".

Par on course for CNN to inject lie after lie continuously 😎

Lemon's lawsuits are not going well and word is he might get an indictment soon enough 😎

posted on Feb, 5 2022 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2
I wonder if the "going broke" part of "being woke" is finally forcing the business heads to reconnect with reality.

Ironic it is happening during a looney left presidential administration.

Cheers

They can't gin up outrage against the hand that feeds. Trump hate was good business for them. Biden they have to protect because he never would have gotten in if they hadn't created him out of whole cloth to begin with.

posted on Feb, 5 2022 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Very deep rumor that Rachel Maddow is under a Grand Jury investigation and an indictment may be coming this year!🤫

posted on Feb, 5 2022 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Donny Le moan and the CNN gang all know their ship is sinking fast.
Watch them behave like the rats they are...as they all begin jumping overboard.
edit on 5-2-2022 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join