It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fairfax Schools Tell Children Of Military Members That They Have ‘Privilege’

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2022 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Oh, look at all the bad privileges these kids might have. What ever happened to teaching math, geography, and science? Why do these political nut-cases have to demean public schools into indoctrination centers?

Come see Privilege Bingo. How many of these negative supremacy traits do you have?

www.dailywire.com...

Parents who complained received a note from Assistant Superintendent Douglas A. Tyson that said:

The screen shot you reference comes from an approved FCPS English Curriculum lesson that is centered around students selecting a “choice” test and examining in detail the author’s perspective on a wide-range [sic] of issues. Students are asked, in the lesson, to read critically and think critically about the author’s perspective on several fronts including the author’s privilege that may or may not be present in the work. Students are then asked independently and self reflectively to juxtapose their thoughts regarding any perceived privilege they think they may have and how they would potentially rewrite portions of the text. Students are not asked or required to report out their self-reflections. This lesson is an adept vehicle to push student thinking to challenge the author’s thoughts/conclusions and to sharpen their ability to critically read selected texts.

LET’S PLAY PRIVILEGE BINGO!

monsterhunternation.com...

For those of you who live in a cave in the forest without internet and have managed to avoid the plague of Social Justice, you might be unfamiliar with the concept of PRIVILEGE. I think originally it had some academic basis, but then the left dumbed it down and ran with it. I’ve talked about privilege a lot on this blog before, but basically what it means is that you’re always wrong about everything, and leftists are always right, all because of some nebulous concepts about your past. You are always bad and they are always good. Simple.

Because remember, if you’re on the right, you’ve got privilege no matter what. It doesn’t matter if you grew up in a straw hut in a jungle and you hunt wild boars with a sharpened stick to pay for your cholera medicine, if you are arguing with a suburban liberal with rich parents who paid for their gender studies degree at NYU, you’re the representative of an oppressive system and the leftist is the real victim here. So shut up, racist.

posted on Jan, 29 2022 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Absolutely unbelievable. The best one is 'feel represented in media' LOLOL how about they start representing the truth in media !?
Parents would love to home-school their kids (with this indoctrination) going on , but my guess is that most AREN'T privileged enough that they can afford to do so!

I would be fuming if my child had to endure this (he lives in another country).
And I guess it's another 'privilege' to be allowed to complain about this indoctrination , as parents who do are labelled as 'domestic terrorist'

Time to start a class-action lawsuit for multiple reasons. Defamation is just one . Causing emotional distress and discrimination would be a start.

posted on Jan, 29 2022 @ 02:39 PM
link   
There are some that say we've reached peak insanity, but we have a long way to go. These lunatics are just getting started.
The privilege issue is a great example of how these people wreck everything. They distort, subvert, pervert and contaminate literally everything they touch.

Here's the progression of their 'societal privilege' perspectives.

You are healthy and secure, with a home and a loving family. You should be grateful.

You are healthy and secure, with a home and a loving family. Many others don't have these things. You must acknowledge that you're privileged.

You are healthy and secure, with a home and a loving family. You should feel guilty.

You are healthy and secure, with a home and a loving family. It is totally unjust that you have these things while others don't have them. The situation must be corrected.

You are healthy and secure, with a home and a loving family. You're evil. You must be punished.

I have some of the privileges listed in the chart, so I guess that's a bingo!
edit on 29-1-2022 by ColeYounger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2022 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Students are asked, in the lesson, to read critically and think critically about the author’s perspective on several fronts... Students are then asked independently and self reflectively to juxtapose their thoughts regarding any perceived privilege they think they may have and how they would potentially rewrite portions of the text.

The actual reading material being dissected under this political microscope is conspicuously absent.

a reply to: ColeYounger

You are healthy and secure, with a home and a loving family. You're evil. You must be punished.

Self awareness and responsibility isn't punishment unless you think your station exempts you from consequence. Those people do exist, people who think they are a different breed altogether.
edit on 29-1-2022 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2022 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

The actual reading material being dissected under this political microscope is conspicuously absent.

Any curriculum that includes this crap should be dissected. They are teaching kids that "If your parents worked hard to give you a good home and opportunities and you plan to work hard to be successful, you're a bad person". Should they shame kids who want to make something of themselves ?

Way too many think they're going to be handed everything if they whine loud enough and claim victim status.

You want something ? Get your ass out and earn it.

posted on Jan, 29 2022 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=26327234]infolurker[/post

My father was in the US Navy when I was young. There was an entire year I didn't get to see my father. Every year he was gone for at least six months. I remember as a small child asking my mom when is daddy coming home. I am 49 years old. These days kids have it even worse. Dad or mom may not be coming home alive again. Privilege my @$$!

posted on Jan, 29 2022 @ 04:50 PM
link   
"Parents are married" is a privilege?
"Born in country of residence" is a privilege?

And this was pulled from....an English lesson?

I don't understand the logic.

Rather than to teach kids to aspire to emulate widely recognized admirable social characteristics (have children in wedlock, serve in the military).....you label them a "privilege", and then basically equate these characteristics with racism/sexism by adding them to this bonkers Bingo board.

Hopefully Virginia's governor can course correct.

Controversial social discussions embedded in/hijacking an English class is not probably not going to please parents, or I guess those that are married to their partner or in the military etc etc

posted on Jan, 29 2022 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Those catchy words.

Cisgender

Heteroseaxul

Christian

Feel Safe Around Police Officers

Feel Safe around Police Officers? who ever wrote on that checkboard.

Who doesn't? what kind of nonsense is this? do they prefer de funding?
edit on 29-1-2022 by vNex92 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2022 @ 05:34 PM
link   

But that's not possible. NO ONE teaches CRT in our schools. NO ONE!

posted on Jan, 29 2022 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Jagman72

Lots of people have pointed this out about having a parent in the military.

posted on Jan, 29 2022 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

But that's not possible. NO ONE teaches CRT in our schools. NO ONE!

Sort of like how Antifah isn't an organization; it's "just an idea".

That is the blueprint for how the people behind these movements deal with scrutiny: deny, deny and deny.

With the "4th estate" shirking their duties to be the objective "eyes and ears" of the public, this ploy seems to be working.

posted on Jan, 29 2022 @ 07:34 PM
link   
🙋 BINGO!!
edit on 29-1-2022 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2022 @ 07:43 PM
link   
"Never lost a loved one"?

I don't think any of us get that privilege unless you don't love anyone.

posted on Jan, 29 2022 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jagman72
My father was in the US Navy when I was young. There was an entire year I didn't get to see my father. Every year he was gone for at least six months. I remember as a small child asking my mom when is daddy coming home. I am 49 years old. These days kids have it even worse. Dad or mom may not be coming home alive again. Privilege my @$$!

100% understood.

I don't think that's what the issue here is though. They're trying to piss everyone off.

Instead of just being pissed off though, what people need to do is build their own schools, (stop paying taxes for these), and keep everyone out who isn't privileged. Seriously ... just walk away from the broken thing and start your own. When the subsidies fall away, there'll be nothing to prop these places up with anyway.

What kids learn in school ... what they come out knowing ... is usually nothing that interests an employer anyway. Why waste your kid's time sending him/her off for this kind of conditioning? When I entered 1st grade I already knew how to read and write. I already knew how to add and subtract ... multiply and divide. I skipped 2d and 3d grade. They would have put me in 6th grade, but I was too little to hang with 'em physically.

I relished visiting my grandma and grampa's house, because they would always give me books to take back home and read. My grampa taught me how to run all the machines in his shop. My grandma taught me how to cook. My grandma handed me a Colt .45 before I was even 10. Handed me the 12ga sawed-off shotgun when I ran out of .45 shells. Grandpa introduced me to re-loading that particular Summer.

Telling the truth ... I never learned anything worthwhile in school ... and neither did my kids. It's a massive waste of time for most of us.

posted on Jan, 29 2022 @ 07:53 PM
link   
You know what the real problem with things like this card? The creators, through their own set of biases, have chosen which "Privileges" to adress and which ones to ignore.

We all face adversity in life and have privileges. What make these 25 "Privileges" more important than others?

posted on Jan, 29 2022 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: dandandat2

Those are "privileges" that people of color commonly think of as "white".

posted on Jan, 29 2022 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Oh holy crap, I cant wait for JAG's sharp-witted comeback on this one

posted on Jan, 29 2022 @ 09:24 PM
link   

3.. lol, I know more Africans that have a higher score then that.

So I am gonna call BS. There is no such thing as white privilege.

Being straight and white isn't a privilege. Neither is being straight and black. Really stupid and far reaching with zero logic behind it.

Most Africans today are born here and have residency of said country. So again, how does this list apply to anything in the real world.

I know plenty of Africans in the military too, some with families.. again not a priv if your own country wants you dead.

Let's see Africans get job security due to minority laws, doesn't matter if they are doing drugs on the job which I have seen. I have seen overqualified people rejected for jobs because they need a minority increase. So again where is the priv?
edit on 29-1-2022 by BlackArrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2022 @ 09:56 PM
link   
It's a whole mindset like this story about a guy who paints skiers as, wait for it ... black. *GASP*

See, most skiers are white, so this is unheard of and revolutionary. Skiing is a *white* space so seeing black skiers is art, y'all.

So why don't more BIPOC ski? It's not like anyone's looking to run them off the slopes if they show up. It wouldn't matter one way or the other to me if they're out there skiing like everyone else. And, get this ... I've *never* taken my white butt skiing either. I hate being cold so snow sports are not my idea of fun.

If they say it's because too many white folks are out there, then that's their problem and not anyone else's. They're the ones who feel inferior or like they can't blend in with white folks.

posted on Jan, 29 2022 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Here's the thing - what's the point? Why do they need to be "aware" that they grew up all these things and it gave them "unearned privilege"? The whole idea of inculcating them with an attitude of unearned privilege is to make them feel guilty that they had things others did not. There is no other point to it.

It is to begin the victim/oppressor dialogue and mindset.
edit on 29-1-2022 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join