It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study finds two compounds in cannabis completely stop Covid

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Even with edibles you need to heat the flowers to bond THC with fat so it can be digested and metabolized. If you've ever made your own butter or oil, you might find it works better if you decarboxylate before double-boiling.

There might be other ways of making edibles, however, that I'm unaware of!

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499
They couldn't take the chance that Quinine in Tonic water could stop COVID.

Almost no one makes tonic water formulated with enough quinine in it to prevent malaria, it would be unmarketable with today's palate. You need 250mg and tonic water usually has 20mg.

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Almost no one makes tonic water formulated with enough quinine in it to prevent malaria, it would be unmarketable with today's palate. You need 250mg and tonic water usually has 20mg.

Shut up. My G&T's make me safe dammit!

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Shut up. My G&T's make me safe dammit!

What until I have you chugging Absinthe.

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: loveguy
Absinthe was banned just before Spanish flu. Do we know it's medicinal components?

There's not enough wormwood in Absinthe to effect you without consuming enough to first give you alcohol poisoning.

So wormwood kills the virus, or is it the anise? Blue and yellow make green?

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 01:03 PM
link   

So wormwood kills the virus, or is it the anise? Blue and yellow make green?

Wormwood is the alleged hallucinogenic compound in Absinthe.

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

originally posted by: markovian
Sorry to burst everyone's bubbles but thos particular chemicals are gone when heated

Cannabis isn't always heated to ingest, is it?

Only if you want to fell it so ... most everyone who uses it dose

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
Thats the plant the compound is lsa-25

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 01:14 PM
link   

and there isn't enough of the chemicals mentioned in regular cannabis to have any effect on COVID either.

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 01:16 PM
link   

and there isn't enough of the chemicals mentioned in regular cannabis to have any effect on COVID either.

And? You still can't get enough quinine from tonic water to prevent or treat malaria.

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I had done some research a while back, and I believe, you can get the other health benefits, without the "high" by ingesting the plant without heating.

Pretty sure one of the cannabis cooking shows talked about it as well.

There is so much we still don't know, but learning we have the Endocannabinoid system in our bodies, means we really need to be studying how much this plant can really do for us.

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 01:26 PM
link   

a reply to: trollz
Absinthe was banned just before Spanish flu. Do we know it's medicinal components?
Bars that serve gin and tonic were locked down this go around. Medicinal components?

I have a dear friend who was jabbed. He has been having problems with rash and itching since summer. He thinks it's bugs & hives. I'm sad to say it's probably the jab.

He emailed me this morning saying alcohol is supposed to be good for ms (not relevant to us) but that surprised him because alcohol is an immune suppressant. He then said if he has 2 drinks a day his itching goes away. I take that, that his immune system is on over drive and the alcohol calms it.

Cheers to the op!

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: joejack1949

Even with edibles you need to heat the flowers to bond THC with fat so it can be digested and metabolized. If you've ever made your own butter or oil, you might find it works better if you decarboxylate before double-boiling.

It is why I am asking, I don't know. But isn't distillation a chemical process, not a heating one?

got blitzed eating a couple of what I thought were regular brownies a long time ago. I was wondering why they were cut into such small pieces.

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 01:30 PM
link   

And? You still can't get enough quinine from tonic water to prevent or treat malaria.

Well since we aren't trying to cure Malaria in this instance, Covid might be another thing. I suspect it won't kill us to drink a bit of Tonic water with any in it. I have been when my whole family were diagnosed with CV19. I was being superstitious maybe but I didn't get as much as a sniffle. I was nursemaid to three cranky ones too.

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Oh hey! I live in Pennsylvania!!!!

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

originally posted by: joejack1949

It is why I am asking, I don't know. But isn't distillation a chemical process, not a heating one?

got blitzed eating a couple of what I thought were regular brownies a long time ago. I was wondering why they were cut into such small pieces.

Distilling chemicals requires the exact temperature be met for the "boiling point" because each chemical has one. Some share boiling pts with other chemicals and we use steps to separate those normally after we distill the specific temp. I have used small scale distillery in the lab to extract complex molecules from tobacco samples in my youth right out of college a few years. In that case we used a chemical to separate other chemicals and then diatomaceous earth to filter out other things before we put it in the distillery. I forget the temperature now but it was set it and forget it. Only pull sample or product when the temperature was perfect.

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman
Well since we aren't trying to cure Malaria in this instance, Covid might be another thing. I suspect it won't kill us to drink a bit of Tonic water with any in it. I have been when my whole family were diagnosed with CV19. I was being superstitious maybe but I didn't get as much as a sniffle. I was nursemaid to three cranky ones too.

20mg of quinine isn't going to do anything. The only thing drinking tonic water will help you do is get diabetes faster since it's just like soda; made with corn syrup.

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 01:44 PM
link   
That's a good thing since people like to share mouth to mouth contact on all the paraphernalia that goes with it.

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Hell, I could take bath in liquid Covid and have zero worries if this is true.

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

20mg of quinine isn't going to do anything. The only thing drinking tonic water will help you do is get diabetes faster since it's just like soda; made with corn syrup.
20 mg sounds about right for Covid actually. There will be literally millions of molecules in 20 mg maybe even billions. Each one is an opportunity to do something. So, it is proven not enough for Malaria it doesn't mean case closed at all.

edit on 12-1-2022 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join