It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Anarctica, all their precautions were for nothing

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2022 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

originally posted by: M5xaz

originally posted by: MDDoxs
a reply to: Salander

The restrictions kind of make sense in such a remote place. No easy access to medical treatment if someone as serious Covid symptoms.

Mitigate the risk, in a place you can’t afford to make a mistake.

Is this actually from the perspective of a researcher or a tourist to the site?

You completely miss the point that these "measures" MADE NO DIFFERENCE.

THESE VACCINES CLEARLY DO *not* WORK!

Wake up !

Vaccines do not prevent infection from Covid.

Again, are there any serious symptoms? That's the point of them.

And please stop shouting.

Every single one, including the shot, have their side effects depending on who you are and what your personal circumstances are, but it's only one - the shot - that's being pushed like it's Christ Messiah of the Plague with all the fervor of Spanish Missionaries.

Here, brother, have you heard the good news? We are here to save your soul from COVID ...

No words could express this better after hearing my tv watching parents begging me to get the shots as if my soul was on the line!

posted on Jan, 2 2022 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Because it shows that the vaccine doesn't really keep you as safe as you think it does if the difference between those who are and those who aren't is negligible.

Again, it comes back to the idea that the measures really don't do much except make you feel better about it all. And if those are things you need to do to feel better about it, then, by all means, do them. I'm not stopping you, but please don't tell the rest of us who disagree and don't feel that way that we have to do them too in order to make you feel better about how you feel.

posted on Jan, 2 2022 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Because it shows that the vaccine doesn't really keep you as safe as you think it does if the difference between those who are and those who aren't is negligible.

Again, it comes back to the idea that the measures really don't do much except make you feel better about it all. And if those are things you need to do to feel better about it, then, by all means, do them. I'm not stopping you, but please don't tell the rest of us who disagree and don't feel that way that we have to do them too in order to make you feel better about how you feel.

Where have I ever told anyone what to do?

Please provide an example of me telling anyone what to do.

If you can.

If you can't, well....

posted on Jan, 2 2022 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Most labs work on animals when they do research. It is a sad fact of biological research that animal models cannot be replaced.

Believe it or not, most labs would love to do it because it's politically unpopular, but mainly because it's really expensive. However, you just cannot adequately replicate what takes place in true animal experiments any other way than to do them. So at that point the question becomes whether or not the research done is of necessary value and being done as ethically as possible.

So just pointing out that a lab works with animal X or Y means very little.

posted on Jan, 2 2022 @ 02:15 PM
link   

We're familiar with your game. Your position is full of holes so you retreat by claiming you never held it.

posted on Jan, 2 2022 @ 02:19 PM
link   

So we have reports of positive tests from the Auntie ?

We assume that ' The Virus™ ' travelled there ?

Seems to this old dummy that we are assuming more than we can reasonably assume, but that's just me...

posted on Jan, 2 2022 @ 02:27 PM
link   

We're familiar with your game. Your position is full of holes so you retreat by claiming you never held it.

Who's we?

You claimed I said it, I say I didn't.

I asked you to give an example of me saying anything like you claimed I did.

You can't.

Who's retreating now?

Put up or ......?

posted on Jan, 2 2022 @ 02:49 PM
link   

a reply to: chr0naut

Most labs work on animals when they do research. It is a sad fact of biological research that animal models cannot be replaced.

Believe it or not, most labs would love to do it because it's politically unpopular, but mainly because it's really expensive. However, you just cannot adequately replicate what takes place in true animal experiments any other way than to do them. So at that point the question becomes whether or not the research done is of necessary value and being done as ethically as possible.

So just pointing out that a lab works with animal X or Y means very little.

The point I was making was that neither pangolins or bats were the immediate zoonotic vector.

Which makes all the conspiracy theories and the 'genomic evolutionary evidence', unlikely and purely suppositional.

Consider that because two species look a bit similar, it does not necessarily mean that one descended from the other in a simple genetic chain.

No-one seems to be looking at the possibility that RaTG13, BANAL-103 and BANAL-236, or of the more similar bat virus, BANAL-52, were simply lookalikes, rather than ancestors of SARS-CoV-2.

Closest known relatives of virus behind COVID-19 found in Laos - Nature

posted on Jan, 2 2022 @ 03:17 PM
link   

a reply to: putnam6

Indeed.

Based on those numbers it's all pretty meaningless. So why post about them?

Because in Ontario your hypothesis(vax is much better) is falling apart the vaccinated are going to the hospital at virtually the same rate. Ergo vaccination status which has been touted as keeping you from more serious cases (hospitalizations) isn't the case at all.

posted on Jan, 2 2022 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

Indeed.

Because in Ontario your hypothesis(vax is much better) is falling apart the vaccinated are going to the hospital at virtually the same rate. Ergo vaccination status which has been touted as keeping you from more serious cases (hospitalizations) isn't the case at all.

Ergo, no.

posted on Jan, 2 2022 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: M5xaz

originally posted by: MDDoxs

The restrictions kind of make sense in such a remote place. No easy access to medical treatment if someone as serious Covid symptoms.

Mitigate the risk, in a place you can’t afford to make a mistake.

Is this actually from the perspective of a researcher or a tourist to the site?

You completely miss the point that these "measures" MADE NO DIFFERENCE.

THESE VACCINES CLEARLY DO *not* WORK!

Wake up !

Vaccines do not prevent infection from Covid.

Again, are there any serious symptoms? That's the point of them.

And please stop shouting.

Sorry but shouting seems to be the only way to get through to some people.

And with infections and hospitalizations in the US and Europe at RECORD *higher than before the vaccine*, I call BS on clearly FALSE claims about vaccines "reducing serious symptoms", particularly since the later variants are milder than the original one.

ADE anyone ?

These "vaccines" are not real vaccines:
- they do not prevent infection
- they do not prevent spread
- they do not prevent DEATH
The NIH actually had to change to definition of vaccine for this shyte.

At best they are a useless form of gene therapy.

They are essential though....for the profit margins of Pfizer and Moderna...

posted on Jan, 2 2022 @ 05:28 PM
link   
This has been in the news here since yesterday but the whole story is shady af!

First, instead of saying that none of the measures work, did it occur to anyone that, if there really is an outbreak over there, that 'someone' probably didn't play by the rules during quarantine time? That is the most logical explenation.

But second:
All press mentions that the first possitive case was detected on december 14: a team member who had arrived at the base 7 days earlier. Every article also says that no new arrivals at the base are allowed until the virus is completely gone.
So much for the official story.

Then take a look at the official Princess Elisabeth base website and read their latest news articles
www.antarcticstation.org...

They say that
-the first scientists arrived on December 16 (2 days after they caught the virus in the base)
-and on December 30 a new researcher team arrived (pictures included)

On 23 December, just a few days before Christmas, the Princess Elisabeth Antarctica welcomed two ornothologists studying snow petrels, a new doctor, and an additional plumber.

I can hardly believe the news outlets are talking about the same base?

posted on Jan, 2 2022 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Just tossing this out there.
The procedures used would have had to be stringent to keep C19 out of Antartica but as we see it didn't.

Anyone else wonder why no reports of bedbugs?
& yes I apparently have too much time on my hands.

posted on Jan, 2 2022 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: KindraLabelle2

Fact is that they had the best chance to make it all work and for various reasons, it didn't. If they can't make it work under ideal conditions, then you have no chance anywhere else.

posted on Jan, 2 2022 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Indeed.

Ergo, no.

covid-19.ontario.ca...

Well Ive just shown you true and easily verifiable numbers, and you have shown well who you are. Got to say you are wrong, but at least you are consistent. you say less and less the more wrong you are

PS don't forget your booster...
edit on 2-1-2022 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2022 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: KindraLabelle2
This has been in the news here since yesterday but the whole story is shady af!

First, instead of saying that none of the measures work, did it occur to anyone that, if there really is an outbreak over there, that 'someone' probably didn't play by the rules during quarantine time? That is the most logical explenation.

But second:
All press mentions that the first possitive case was detected on december 14: a team member who had arrived at the base 7 days earlier. Every article also says that no new arrivals at the base are allowed until the virus is completely gone.
So much for the official story.

Then take a look at the official Princess Elisabeth base website and read their latest news articles
www.antarcticstation.org...

They say that
-the first scientists arrived on December 16 (2 days after they caught the virus in the base)
-and on December 30 a new researcher team arrived (pictures included)

On 23 December, just a few days before Christmas, the Princess Elisabeth Antarctica welcomed two ornothologists studying snow petrels, a new doctor, and an additional plumber.

I can hardly believe the news outlets are talking about the same base?

Thanks for the link and actually information, it's appreciated.... from your link it sounds like they imported Omnicron from Cape Town South Africa, you know where its been in the news the last few weeks

December 16, 2021

PEA Welcomes First Scientists of the 2021-2022 BELARE Season

The first teams of scientist arrived at Perseus Airstrip last Thursday after a transcontinental flight from Cape Town, South Africa to Antarctica,

posted on Jan, 3 2022 @ 01:10 PM
link   

"We"?

Then you should be easily able to give an example of me telling anyone what to do.

Go on. Or retreat.

posted on Jan, 3 2022 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Indeed.

Ergo, no.

covid-19.ontario.ca...

Well Ive just shown you true and easily verifiable numbers, and you have shown well who you are. Got to say you are wrong, but at least you are consistent. you say less and less the more wrong you are

PS don't forget your booster...

No actual response to what I posted?

Just another personal attack?

Waiting for my booster, thanks.

posted on Jan, 3 2022 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

right. all true.

Still, I'm calling BS on this whole story! News articles are full of wrong info compared to the info from the Base itself

but hey.... if this is the story they need to convince the people that quarantines don't help, then so be it...

Next hot news from Europe: quarantine rules about to be lifted. Already happening in France and other countries, Belgium decides tomorrow.
And why wouldn't they? If quarantines don't even work in Antarctica, then there is no need for them at all....

disclaimer: I personally DO believe that quarantines, masks and distancing helps to stop the spread of the virus.

posted on Jan, 3 2022 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Many disagree believing the vaccine protects them. Those claiming what you have I believe are simply echoing a marketing slogan to defend the shots less than stellar performance. The data simply doesn’t seem to be presented without bias.

originally posted by: musicismagic
The “vaccinations” don’t prevent COVID nor do the boosters. For vulnerable people, shots may make less intense those COVID strains other than Omicron. With Omicron, there is no “intense.” You get it, you’re not very sick, and with luck, you’re truly immune and that’s the end of the Chinese Communist Party’s viral gift to the world.

<< 1  2    4 >>

join