It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kimberly Potter found guilty

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2021 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer
Manslaughter is manslaughter and Alec Baldwin should also go to prison.

But you watch....he will not even be charged!!

It's all about who you are and who you know....

a reply to: Ghostsdogood

Our Department of Justice is unfair in that way, also.

posted on Dec, 23 2021 @ 11:06 PM
link   
When a person gets excited as she was, they can make a mistake...anyone could. She grabbed the wrong gun. It happens.

Supposedly she was trying to stop the driver from leaving because the other cop was partly in the car. That guy should never have taken off with someone part way in the car, he did endanger the life of the other cop.

But technically it would still be considered manslaughter, because you do not have to show there was an intention to kill, a person can get charged with manslaughter if someone died from an accident they caused by driving wrecklessly or for doing something that caused the death of another person.

I think she should be pardoned myself but in this crazy country we live in now, I doubt if anyone will. Maybe if Trump gets back in he will...forget about Biden doing that.

With this verdict, I would guess that it will effect a lot of people to not want to go into law enforcement, we will be paying cops triple their salary if we want to get one to work in the future. I sure wouldn't want to do the job, make a mistake and pull the wrong gun out and you get to go to prison even though you did not intend to kill the person. Now if cops taze someone, since it can cause death too, they will be liable for causing their death and can go to prison for that, this ruling sets precedence that can deter good people from becoming cops and soon only criminals will want the job.

posted on Dec, 23 2021 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Avardan
Well she did kill someone. Though from what I saw it wasn’t intentional. How ever she screwed up.

posted on Dec, 23 2021 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I don't get it. Wasn't he trying to drive off in his car?

Awfully suspicious the amount of kangaroo court cases being aired right now, while certain others are getting crayon drawings posted with redacted everything.
Looks like running interference, honestly.

posted on Dec, 23 2021 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Somethingsamiss

That state needed a sacrifice after Kyle was not convicted to satify BLM,and they gave them this lady.

posted on Dec, 24 2021 @ 12:24 AM
link   
i watched the end and the verdict.

i didn't like that the judge didn't let her go home for Christmas since she already had the 100grand bail but they want her to languish in jail for a couple months till sentencing. she should get out for time served .

posted on Dec, 24 2021 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: DeadlyStaringFrog

Viva Frei is pretty good.

posted on Dec, 24 2021 @ 02:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
So, here we go again. Those who agree she got what she deserved believe it's a fair verdict. And those who think she should have gone free are crying, "Oh the injustice".

I'll say it again, the jury has the final word, unless, of course, for appeals. Live with it.

Frankly, I think the juries are getting it just right lately. Rittenhouse should have been let go. This woman should serve time. And those three in the Aubrey case got what they deserved.

Not having a problem with these verdicts. And besides, it makes no difference. They jurists hear more evidence than we do, they make their decision, and that's that.

Agree 100%

This is our justice system it isn't perfect, but yes, her actions were excessive besides didn't she fire 2 shots?

she was trying to hit his hand.

where is the autopsy report? aren't they taught that 3 rounds center mass is the norm?

where was he hit?

posted on Dec, 24 2021 @ 03:29 AM
link   
A middle aged woman who should never have been a police officer was allowed to be a police officer.

posted on Dec, 24 2021 @ 07:58 AM
link   
What kind of moron mixes up a handgun with a tazer? She straight up lied about that. This was manslaughter, jury got it correct.

Hopefully the cops get tazer vs gun training.

Been shooting my whole life...."I thought it was my tazer"......blithering moron.

posted on Dec, 24 2021 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I think the verdict was just. Now, we have to see how the judge sentences her.

She was truly remorseful, in my opinion, so the judge may show whatever degree of lenience she has at her disposal. Surely, once Potter is up for parole, maybe 5-6 years into her sentence, she'll get it.

posted on Dec, 24 2021 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
I think the verdict was just. Now, we have to see how the judge sentences her.

She was truly remorseful, in my opinion, so the judge may show whatever degree of lenience she has at her disposal. Surely, once Potter is up for parole, maybe 5-6 years into her sentence, she'll get it.

No in a just world resisting arrest gets you whatever happens and your family has to accept your foolishness got you killed.
This was a sacrifice to BLM.

posted on Dec, 24 2021 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

That's quite an accusation to make of the jury.

posted on Dec, 24 2021 @ 10:14 AM
link   

That's quite an accusation to make of the jury.

a jury scared to make the wrong choice when BLM was outside waiting for them to make the right call.

posted on Dec, 24 2021 @ 10:20 AM
link   

I'm not buying it.

posted on Dec, 24 2021 @ 12:47 PM
link   

I'm not buying it.

Where Did I say i was selling it? nowhere,but your IMAGINATION....

Merry christmas btw .(seriously no joke or sarcasm ok?)

posted on Dec, 24 2021 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Hang on, she mistook here handgun for her Taser?

So, that's alright then?

Manslaughter, that is.

posted on Dec, 24 2021 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

So, that's alright then?

Manslaughter, that is.

Accidents happen. yep a ok.

posted on Dec, 24 2021 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

So, that's alright then?

Manslaughter, that is.

Accidents happen. yep a ok.

Criminally negligent ones, not so much.

posted on Dec, 24 2021 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
What kind of moron mixes up a handgun with a tazer? She straight up lied about that. This was manslaughter, jury got it correct.

Hopefully the cops get tazer vs gun training.

Been shooting my whole life...."I thought it was my tazer"......blithering moron.

Indeed. Seems that the same folk who were screaming for Alec Baldwin to be jailed have some serious double standards.....

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join