It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China dabbling in artificial intelligence? Yikes!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2021 @ 01:31 PM
link   
re: www.theguardian.com...

Is anyone else feeling real nervous about the country that accidentally caused a global pandemic pathogen to escape from one of their labs and engulf the globe is dabbling around with artificial intelligence?

Sorry, but I have seen firsthand some of their programming results in products I have purchased, and for me to say it is only "sub-optimal" is being enormously generous. AI could prove to be the ultimate computer virus and if a biological virus can escape from a lab, then I would expect people unprepared for a survival oriented, quantum leap in intelligence, digital being will fare no better trying to contain it.

IMHO, of course.

posted on Dec, 20 2021 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Rich Z

America was the origin of the 1918 flu pandemic, and was pretty much the country that was the main spreader of AIDS to the rest of the world (although not the origin).

Should they be developing AI?

I have seen firsthand some of America's programming results in products I have purchased, and for me to say it is only "sub-optimal" is being enormously generous.

Of course, saying such about a country or people, especially in the recent hyper-nationalist failures of European and American political climate, is probably somewhat bigoted and racist.

posted on Dec, 20 2021 @ 02:13 PM
link   

America was the origin of the 1918 flu pandemic, and was pretty much the country that was the main spreader of AIDS to the rest of the world (although not the origin).
a reply to: chr0naut

That is an interesting 'knee jerk' reaction chr0 .

The CCP is being criticized and you immediately put the USA under the microscope ...interesting .

I don't blame China for Sars-cov19 , I blame the USA , China , WHO , NIH and anyone else who knew what was going on in that Lab in Wuhan .

There is nothing Racist about the Truth Chr0 , just because the Virus came from an Asian country does not make this an Asian Virus . A virus is a force of nature , it's not something to be Virtue signaled over.

We both know Sars-Cov19 has many many finger prints on it , and those same finger prints are the ones running the Pandemic show

edit on 20-12-2021 by asabuvsobelow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2021 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow

That is an interesting 'knee jerk' reaction chr0 .

The CCP is being criticized and you immediately put the USA under the microscope ...interesting .

I don't blame China for Sars-cov19 , I blame the USA , China , WHO , NIH and anyone else who knew what was going on in that Lab in Wuhan .

There is nothing Racist about the Truth Chr0 , just because the Virus came from an Asian country does not make this an Asian Virus . A virus is a force of nature , it's not something to be Virtue signaled over.

We both know Sars-Cov19 has many many finger prints on it , and those same finger prints are the ones running the Pandemic show

So, wouldn't the OP be a racist/nationalist tirade?

China and the USA both have originated some good, and some bad software.

And for both countries, we are definitely a fair way down the AI track.

posted on Dec, 20 2021 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

But my question is... how did they ( ? ) get the leaders to all agree to turn against their people?

posted on Dec, 20 2021 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Didn't the US just have a drone take out someone on its own with out any human order or control ?

posted on Dec, 20 2021 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ravenwatcher
Didn't the US just have a drone take out someone on its own with out any human order or control ?

Yeah, but wait until they put those AI swarming drones into action!
Whoa nellie!!!
edit on b000000312021-12-20T14:33:02-06:0002America/ChicagoMon, 20 Dec 2021 14:33:02 -0600200000021 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2021 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut 👍
Remembering all the euro/American conglomerates who actually sold their souls to the money/devil to get their hands on a billion (1.3 billion nowadays) people market share via "joint ventures" with the Chinese gov.

That was 32 years ago.

posted on Dec, 20 2021 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Difference Between ME and an AI Robot ?

I Am Not A Robot ................Box Checked..........

posted on Dec, 20 2021 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Ask ze Germans.

posted on Dec, 20 2021 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Just think they are only over 70 years behind…
Do you really believe this is a concearn?

posted on Dec, 20 2021 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

So if something truthful and concerning in context has resulted from actions within a specific nation (and therefore nationality), then it should be just shunned and ignored rather than raise the specter of the "racist" tar baby allegory?

In your universe, someone voicing the observation that there sure seems to be a lot of pathogens and agricultural pests that originate from SE Asia, is "racist" and said topic should therefore be banished as a subject for discussion?

Interesting the topics and means by which that some people wish they could suppress from public view, is it not?

It almost makes me believe the stories I have read about the Chinese employing legions of internet soldiers just for this sort of purpose.

Anyway, all IMHO, as per usual.

posted on Dec, 20 2021 @ 07:39 PM
link   

It's not necessarily Racist mate , He is just being Critical .

Opinions maybe hurtful or even inconvenient , doesn't mean there racist.
edit on 20-12-2021 by asabuvsobelow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2021 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

But my question is... how did they ( ? ) get the leaders to all agree to turn against their people?

I would say your mistake is in believing they had not already turned against there people .

posted on Dec, 20 2021 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rich Z

So if something truthful and concerning in context has resulted from actions within a specific nation (and therefore nationality), then it should be just shunned and ignored rather than raise the specter of the "racist" tar baby allegory?

In your universe, someone voicing the observation that there sure seems to be a lot of pathogens and agricultural pests that originate from SE Asia, is "racist" and said topic should therefore be banished as a subject for discussion?

Interesting the topics and means by which that some people wish they could suppress from public view, is it not?

It almost makes me believe the stories I have read about the Chinese employing legions of internet soldiers just for this sort of purpose.

Anyway, all IMHO, as per usual.

I never made any suggestion that the specifics of the OP were untruthful.

I was pointing out that they were one-sided.

posted on Dec, 20 2021 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Surely racism is being critical on an ethnic, religious, national or cultural basis?

posted on Dec, 20 2021 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Surely racism is being critical on an ethnic, religious, national or cultural basis?

Racism is being Critical of a Group based only on there Culture , Color or nationality .

Just because your being Critical of someone or something and they happen to be Black or Asian or in general not white , Does not mean your racist mate .

posted on Dec, 20 2021 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Racism is being Critical of a Group based only on there Culture , Color or nationality .

Just because your being Critical of someone or something and they happen to be Black or Asian or in general not white , Does not mean your racist mate .

No, but the inverse proves the case. Being uncritical of a group based only on their culture, colour, or nationality would not be considered racism. Being critical, with some sort of group bias, is the core of racism.

edit on 20/12/2021 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2021 @ 09:28 PM
link   
maybe you should watch the new James Bond movie: No time to Die.
that answers your question.

posted on Dec, 20 2021 @ 09:52 PM
link   

What a shame!
Such an important subject and you chose to take the OP down the racist road and to mix up your facts.
So let's try to restart:
The WuFlu, as it was called 23 months ago, was created in a lab that is situated in China and run from an international team.
This team probably comprises of at the least American, Canadian and Chinese nationals.
The project (gain of function research) was probably, at least partly, funded by the USA.

Next:
Putin has warned several times, "Who controls the world in the future will be decided by who creates the best AI."
This means: they are ALL working on A.I. and they are not doing it to make the world a better place.
This turns it into a very important and scary topic.

On a side note:
There is an important book on chinese war strategies, that anyone can read.
One of the very important quotes out of it is this: "Let the enemy believe that you are weak. The louder they laugh the more chances you have of winning..."

So, when I hear people laugh about how weak china is. I remember all those chinese nationals (a lot of who are enlisted in their governments), that are top of their classes in universities around the world. I think about how China controls many governments around the world. I remember all the land and companies and resources china has bought.
And I remember sun tzu.
And I know it will be wise to teach my children chinese
edit on 20-12-2021 by Aldolas because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join