It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Week In November.

page: 1

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Dec, 19 2021 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Already a few historical threads here on ATS regarding the Levelland UFO flap but thought this presentation by Preston Dennett did a great job of exploring just how many sightings there actually were (and just how far afield the reports came in).

Preston also explores other close range eyewitness descriptions during that week (and the resulting EM effects) and really would be interested in folk's opinions on the vid if they watch it.

One Week In November

In the first week of November 1957, a series of dramatic and unusual UFO events occurred which caused great concern at the highest levels of government and changed the way many people viewed the UFO phenomenon.

Sputnik 1 had been launched one month earlier, and the launch of Sputnik 2 was imminent. Then, in the first week of November 1957, a dramatic wave of UFO encounters struck the states of Texas and New Mexico. The apparent primary target was a small town called Levelland.

What happened in Levelland, Texas was unprecedented and had never occurred before, and has yet to be repeated. Dozens of people in Levelland and the surrounding areas reported UFOs disabling their vehicles, causing the electrical system to fail and the car engines to cease functioning.

In case after case, UFOs buzzed cars at low level, and often landed on the road, blocking their way forward. UFO car-stalling cases were well-known among UFO researchers, but this brazen and audacious level of activity had never been reported before.

While the small town of Levelland, Texas and the surrounding area first appeared to be the target, the truth was much different. In fact, similar and often identical encounters occurred across the United States and the world, involving not only car-stalling cases, but many bizarre electromagnetic effects on a wide variety of machines.

UFO researchers had long known that UFOs cause these strange effects, but had considered them an accidental byproduct of close-up UFO sightings. But after what happened in Levelland, questions began to be raised. Perhaps these effects weren't accidental at all. Perhaps they were intentional.

The U.S. government and Project Blue Book officials first attempted to debunk and cover-up the events, claiming that sightings were nothing more than "ball lightning," while at the same time, warning military and civilian witnesses not to speak to the press. But it wasn't ball lightning. The sightings were too dramatic to ignore, and soon garnered national headlines.

The Levelland UFO encounters have never been explained and remain a mystery to this day. Nothing like them has ever occurred before or since. This amazing event was easily the most famous UFO event of the year, and is well known among researchers.

However, what many people don't know is just how numerous, dramatic and widespread the encounters actually were, or the consequences that followed. This video presents a minute-by-minute account of this incredible week in November 1957

posted on Dec, 19 2021 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Thanks for posting this. Texas has seen some fantastic UFO visitations over the years.
I still have an image of the photo taken by a security camera in Cotulla (South Texas) in 2012.
The image was captured by a motion-activated security camera on an oil well. The photo allegedly shows a 60-foot diameter saucer hovering at a very low altitude. Absolute classic flying saucer craft! I don't know if it has been explained away. One possible explanation was a military drone.

The Cotulla Saucer

More:

Oil workers report strange lights in the night sky

posted on Dec, 19 2021 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: karl 12

Awesome, I’ll check this out.
I’ve heard about it, but never deep dived in before.

posted on Dec, 20 2021 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Levelland was a lost opportunity to investigate events as they were happening.

There were some very strange reports of an object that appeared to stop vehicles dead that came out of that area within the space of a few nights in 1957.

But Project Blue Book dismissed it as a weather phenomenon likened to ball lightning or St. Elmo's Fire.

posted on Dec, 20 2021 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Well, if UFOs have some kind of intelligence behind them, which I’m willing to accept, then it may have been a test of their attributes: okay we can disable civilizations very heart any time they want. Recalling, for instance, the nuclear weapons being manipulated in that famous Russian event and the Robert Salas events in Montana.

Of course, I would imagine they already know what they can do...

I’m rereading right now John Keel's book, Trojan Horse, which If I recall has some bizarre ideas about UFO's intent there.

In other words, does this intelligence sometimes just put on some kind of show for us earthly mortals?

posted on Dec, 20 2021 @ 03:34 PM
link   
A very informative video...Karl ---- Thanks again.

Though I still can't find any trace of the story (that I read) published in the 1960's, (along with artistic drawings) in Popular Science or Popular Mechanics --- About an Air Force pilot or serviceman being chased, on a moonlit night, by a "10 foot tall" (helmeted???) alien along the sand dunes of White Sands Missile Test Range, in New Mexico. He evaded the creature or robot by hiding behind a sand dune.

I fear that the U.S. Air Force had a hand in snuffing out the story.

Any help would be appreciated...if you can find any tips, heresay or facts about that story.

Cheers...

posted on Dec, 21 2021 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman

Levelland was a lost opportunity to investigate events as they were happening.

Thanks for the replies and yes mate indeed it was.

Considering that Project Bluebook was sold to the public as 'a systematic study of unidentified flying objects' with a view to 'scientifically analyze UFO-related data' then it really looks like they didn't give a toss.

"The Air Force sent a single investigator, a sergeant in civilian clothes, who showed up at noon two days later, spoke only with a few of the witnesses, and left before the day was over."

J. Clark, pg 919, Vol 2 The UFO Encyclopedia

But Project Blue Book dismissed it as a weather phenomenon likened to ball lightning or St. Elmo's Fire.

Yes mate did you catch that Hynek quote in the video?

Seems NSA/CC member Menzel was also pushing the highly dubious debunk but McDonald set them straight on the weather conditions.

The link went down years ago but remember posting it here on your mighty fine thread - also quite a lot of relevant news reports from that seven day period in this one involving a 'highly maneuverable egg-shaped object with no wings, tail, or fuselage'.

edit on 21-12-2021 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2021 @ 01:18 PM
link   
This is covered in all this I'm sure but had this quote handy.

The early reports of UFOs causing car engines to stall and other various effects was definitely noted by the military:

The former Chief of the Air Force UFO Investigation, Capt. Edward J. Ruppelt, asked to comment on the 1957 reports, stated: "During my tenure with Project Blue Book we had reports of radiation and induction fields in connection with UFOs, however the information was sketchy and we were never able to pin it down."

Ruppelt characterized the 1957 electromagnetic cases a "a whole new dimension to the UFO investigation."

On November 9, 1957, while these reports were still being made, the following story was put on the Associated Press newswire:

"Washington, Nov. 9 (AP) -- A device capable of disrupting the operation of motor vehicles or other mechanical equipment is one of the things the Armed Forces would like to see developed."

www.nicap.org...

posted on Dec, 21 2021 @ 01:36 PM
link   

This was complete coincidence, but as I was looking into the Foo Fighters I noted that a study was made on them by David T. Griggs.

Although his reports appear to have vanished he noted that Foo Fighters were only ever spotted over enemy territory in Europe and some of them appeared to interfere with aircraft engines.

When Griggs moved to the Pacific, he noted the Japanese had developed “ray beam” technology that could stop engines at short range and was shipped back to the USA.

I can't say there are any links with what happened at Levelland and the surrounding area in November 1957. But these little details make me wonder.

edit on 21/12/2021 by mirageman because: ...

posted on Dec, 21 2021 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT

Ruppelt characterized the 1957 electromagnetic cases a "a whole new dimension to the UFO investigation."

Great link there Gut and did find it interesting how it's described in the video that a motorvehicle's headlamps were lighting up in rhythm with the pulsated light from the object - also more than one account that week of stopped wristwatches and clocks.

Some related links below and although the devil is in the detail there are still some very bizarre aspects to this (just like with the timepieces).

A CATALOGUE OF AUSTRALIAN UFO VEHICLE INTERFERENCE CASES - Compiled by Keith Basterfield

UF O REPORTS INVOLVING VEHICLE INTERFERENCE
by Mark Rodeghier

EFFECTS OF POSITION & DISTANCE IN UFO IGNITION INTERFERENCE CASES
by Donald Johnson

posted on Dec, 22 2021 @ 08:27 AM
link   

This was complete coincidence, but as I was looking into the Foo Fighters I noted that a study was made on them by David T. Griggs.

Always nice when that happens mate and am pretty sure that's the same David Griggs who went on to form the RAND Corporation in 1947 (quite a lot of UFO interest from that group).

A interesting nugget there about that 'ray beam' technology and quite a few links from Jan Aldrich, Keith Chester, Clas Svahn etc. to post on your thread - also thought there was some great archival research in that interview with Graeme Rendall.

I can't say there are any links with what happened at Levelland and the surrounding area in November 1957. But these little details make me wonder.

Doubt anyone can MM and god knows what's actually been developed behind the scenes with all the billions (and billions) in BlackOp expenditure.

Certainly some very strange close range object descriptions (and flight characteristics) provided in the main video though and thought it was relevant that during that week the car stalling UFO cases were not just localised in Levelland.

Thought Kevin Randle brought up some really interesting points below about how the USAF manipulated the data from their own files on Levelland - apparently the family of one of the Sheriffs also stated he was instructed not to discuss the case and in reality got much closer to one of the objects than initially reported.

Also some Foo Fighter info in there regarding Colonel Howard McCoy who then went on to investigate 'Ghost Rockets' and apparently there were also three UFO reports to police during the Socorro case.

From 24:24

posted on Dec, 22 2021 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Although his reports appear to have vanished he noted that Foo Fighters were only ever spotted over enemy territory in Europe and some of them appeared to interfere with aircraft engines.

Great shame his reports have gone missing but below are two very early pilot UFO cases possibly involving EM effects, one from 1926 and the other from 1933 (sourced by Jan Aldrich).

[AIRCRAFT/UFO ENCOUNTERS PRIOR TO 1942

1926: #Late September, (the exact date so far is unavailable), at 2300 hrs.

An Air-Mail pilot named Colin Murphy was repeatedly `buzzed' by a huge glowing object an hour after take-off from Salt Lake City. The pilot described the object as a cylinder without any wings or propeller that he could see, and at least three times the length of his DH-4 aircraft (this would make the object at least 90 feet long), and 8 to 10 feet in diameter.
Murphy also stated that every time the object approached closer than fifty-yards to his aircraft, the engine would begin to sputter and misfire. He was finally forced to land in a sheep pasture. Upon landing, the object 'took off like a shot out of a gun' disappearing to the south in a 'few seconds'.

1933: # July 5, Sussex, England.

On July 5th 1933, during a night cross country training flight over Sussex, England a flight of four Hawker Fury I biplane fighters was broken up by a "huge" circular light that "dropped down from above their formation, into its very centre." RAF Capt. Nigel Tompkins was forced to land after his engine quit. Lt. Bruce H. Thomas suffered burns to his face and hands after passing close to the light while trying to land his aircraft after his engine quit..

Link

posted on Sep, 22 2022 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Dr Jim McDonald on car stalling cases:

posted on Sep, 22 2022 @ 03:21 PM
link   

In the first week of November 1957... till mid April 1959, Earth was hit by one of the most severe solar storm. It peaked in 1958, when Northern Lights were sighted three times in Mexico, and therefore affecting Mexamerica.

1957-1958 Solar Storm

posted on Sep, 22 2022 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Direne

Thanks for that Durine, any opinions on the extremely close range sightings and resulting physical effects related in the original video?

posted on Nov, 1 2022 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Direne

Let me guess you never watched the original video or studied the timeline events in any way (you just relied on what you think reality is all about).

Bravo.

new topics

top topics

join