It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Dutch going in full lockdown over Omicron

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 12:47 PM
link   
www.bbc.com...

My home country, the Netherlands, is locking down completely again because of Omicron..
Since the start of the pandemic there have been roughly 2.9 million infected and around 20000 deaths.
Seem like big numbers but doing themath gives it a mortality rate after infection of 0.7% (rounded up)
And this was for the super deadly first variant.. With Omicron being much milder.. how can they even justify this?

More economic destruction, more social segregation, and more reasons afterwards to blame it all on the unvaxxed..

This madness will never stop...

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Why? Their death rate is very low. And they've been having these rates for months already. So why lockdown only during Christmas?

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Jeremyhuex

This is about good vs evil not public health and Im afraid to inform you evil is currently winning

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jeremyhuex
Why? Their death rate is very low. And they've been having these rates for months already. So why lockdown only during Christmas?

It makes no sense at all, and after all the protesting done by the Dutch, I'm amazed that the majority of the people simply went shopping like maniacs today after the announcement that monday everything will be closed.. they should be in the street protesting, not awarding taxes to the government..

To me it seems they're trying to break down society even more..

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum

Exactly, it hasn't been about health since the beginning already..

Good example here in Spain.. during the lockdowns in the beginning tobacco shops were deemed "primary needs" and could remain opened.. If it was about health they should've been forced to close also.

This is coming from a heavy smoker..

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Rolicia

In Australia Ive actually done the figures each time the number of smokers halves the price will be double i.e the income remains the same, cigarettes are a balance sheet item not a health item to Government

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Societies are sufficiently divided and alienated to a point that the people responsible for the madness can keep on with the madness.
We refuse to come together and will keep on refusing, all we know is this material world, beyond this there is no hope it seems.

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Smigg

Dont fall for the mass media Jedi mind trick that you are defeated already,were not but unfortunately it is still a year or so off before the sheep figure things out.

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum
Interesting you should say that. My tobacco recently jumped £3 for a pouch. Now I think, giving your idea it's because many people stopped smoking because of this 'thing' and therefore the balance sheet went down.
Explains a lot....they (government) keep touting the prices go up because their way of 'looking after our health and encourage us to stop'.
So what would they do if an inordinate number of people stopped smoking, there is a height to that glass ceiling.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

I dont really want to create any more thread drift but most countries have equivalents of the Bureau of Alcohol,tobacco and firearms if all these are legal,why do you need government bureaucracy simple so you buy through the official channels and pay tax on them if cigarettes peter out they will sting you elsewhere e.g alcohol,petrol.

I have relatives in the Netherlands in Hertogenbosch I should give them a call

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: khnum

Dont fall for the mass media Jedi mind trick that you are defeated already,were not but unfortunately it is still a year or so off before the sheep figure things out.

At the rate things are developing, in a year or so there is nothing left to fight for, united or not.
People are already justifying, condoning, and even cheering for social segregation, forced vaccinations, restrictions of liberties for the unvaxxed..
NL is closing down (or so they say) until the mid of January.. so goodbye Christmas, goodbye new year's eve..
The hate brewing against the unvaxxed must be immense..

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 01:40 PM
link   

This is a situation we're not coming out of, I'm not being defeatist just realistic, covid is a tool of transition and the only way the transition can be stopped is if we all come together now, in a years time it will be too late, and that unfortunately will be the sheep's realisation too.

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 01:42 PM
link   

When people they know start dying they will change their mind by the end of 2022 there wont be enough hats to cover the turds

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 01:48 PM
link   

The human race never comes together its always the 5 percentile or less that cause change for example there were 70 million plus in Nazi occupied Russia by 1944 there were 244,000 partisans under arms a small percentage but these people killed,wounded or captured over 1 million Germans,destroyed 4000 armoured vehicles,10000 railroad engines and 65000 trucks and cars,the American Revolution only involved a small percentage of the population too.

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 01:51 PM
link   

When people they know start dying they will change their mind by the end of 2022 there wont be enough hats to cover the turds

People are dying already, due to vaccine side effects, doesn't stop the majority from having it injected to their kids.
Doesn't stop the majority from lining up for their booster shots..
The level of stupid is so damn high at the moment, I wish i could share in your positive outlook, but I'm afraid I can't no matter how hard i try..

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 01:55 PM
link   

The human race never comes together its always the 5 percentile or less that cause change for example there were 70 million plus in Nazi occupied Russia by 1944 there were 244,000 partisans under arms a small percentage but these people killed,wounded or captured over 1 million Germans,destroyed 4000 armoured vehicles,10000 railroad engines and 65000 trucks and cars,the American Revolution only involved a small percentage of the population too.

What I'm afraid of is that the only way to get out of this nonsense is exactly this.. bloodshed..

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 01:58 PM
link   

It only takes 5 percent of the population to change things and they are out there most are hypnotized sheep I agree dont watch the msm for any inspiration the revolution will not be televised

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 02:00 PM
link   

We all die Rolicia but very few of us actually live free will vs slavery is a hill Im prepared to die on.

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Times are different now to back then, now the world is high security, what the fight was and who the enemy were was clearer then, the battles were fought by soldiers, this is a whole different type of fight.

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 02:07 PM
link   

We all die Rolicia but very few of us actually live free will vs slavery is a hill Im prepared to die on.

This i do agree on, i will die unvaxxed, of that i am certain.
Still doesn't mean I'm wanting for things to get to that point. Not as much for myself, but for all of society..

Talking to my brother at the moment and he's telling me it's likely there will be riots this night, after the lockdown goes in effect at 24.00h

I hope the people will stand up and mobilise, because if it doesn't happen now, it likely never will. Just hoping for it to be relatively peaceful...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join