It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disaster in the Times of COVID

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Dec, 13 2021 @ 04:14 PM
link   
O ... M ... G

You cannot make this stuff up. So if you are caught in a disaster and need to shelter for whatever reason, and in light of current events, we'll say tornado, this is the government's advice to you.

Now. none of it is particularly ground-breaking or earth shattering until you get to the last bullet point:

If you can’t stay at home, make plans to go to a public shelter. Review the CDC's guidelines for going to a public disaster shelter during the COVID-19 pandemic.

If you can't stay at home for whatever reason, maybe you live in a trailer park and need to use a public shelter built for the residents. It could also be that you are at work and are sheltering with coworkers and/or members of the public. But whatever the case, you are expected to refer to the CDC, and this is where you go. It's a page about going to a public disaster shelter in general, not specific to tornados.

You will note top of the page in the second green box:

IF YOU ARE FULLY VACCINATED
Find new guidance for fully vaccinated people. If you are not vaccinated, find a vaccine.

The bolding is by me.

So basically, the CDC is saying that if you are not vaccinated, you first move in any disaster situation where you would otherwise seek shelter in a public shelter for whatever reason should be to go and get vaccinated because I am sure you have plenty of time and ability to do that with a tornado barreling down on you. I guess we now know why so many are still unaccounted for, they were trying to get vaccinated instead of taking shelter as per CDC instructions.

But seriously, what natural disaster waits four weeks for you to get 2 doses of the vaccine and let it sink in for the fully recommended period of time?
edit on 13-12-2021 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 13 2021 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Maybe it's time for everyone to admit the government really doesn't give two snips about us.

No, I'm sure the Fauci Stans will show up shortly to praise him.

posted on Dec, 13 2021 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: BigOldCaddy

I'm sure they think everyone plans ahead all the time, but there are going to be people who will refer to this stuff last minute or second. Lots of people will do that.

posted on Dec, 13 2021 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Are we surprised?

Many here have been saying this was coming. This is where the Covid authoritarianism would lead.

Get your jab or be cutoff from society. Adverse reaction or complications from said jab?

In either case, too damn bad.

posted on Dec, 13 2021 @ 04:20 PM
link   

This is how the left thinks, this is their science...it all fits their agenda.

Knowing how the wording is usually gone over while editing it's hard to believe somebody said this is a good idea.

posted on Dec, 13 2021 @ 04:20 PM
link   

The government does care about us. That's why we have:
Clean water
Edible and nutritious food
Free insulin
Ability to fully own your own home
Ability to only keep 50 to 70 percent of your earnings

They care so much!

posted on Dec, 13 2021 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Time to tell the "government" to shove up their rear end, covid is fading away but the "government" in some states do not want that to happen.

This issue is going to get very interesting as more states are saying not to covid scaremongering even democrat states.

edit on 13-12-2021 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2021 @ 04:24 PM
link   

But who would actually look to the CDC for advice during a tornado?

Will there be people guarding the doors of a shelter asking for proof of vaccination?

which of course then circles back to the real question... If they've had all of their injections of the super wonderful vaccine juice, then wtf are they so afraid of?

posted on Dec, 13 2021 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

The government does care about us. That's why we have:
Clean water
Edible and nutritious food
Free insulin
Ability to fully own your own home
Ability to only keep 50 to 70 percent of your earnings

They care so much!

The city water around here is not very clean, it is full of chloride and fluoride though. And it is way more expensive than it is worth.

The food being created is not as nutritious as it should be and maybe it is considered edible, but there are so many chemicals used on it that it raises the disease risks.

Taxpayers over pay for the insulin, it is not free.

We do not own our homes, don't pay your taxes for three years and you will understand what I say, The government can seize your property if they desire, and it would take you more than the value of the property sometimes in legal fees to get it back.

I hope your post was sarcasm. I can't assume it was because I know people who do believe everything you just mentioned...they are kind of blind to reality.

posted on Dec, 13 2021 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Oh Ricky, I'll leave it to you to figure out if it was sarcasm or not.

Hint: You defeated every one of my arguments. I concede.

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 13 2021 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Moments like this will become more and more frequent I fear. And it has all happened before. It reminds me of the following historical event as recently noted by Edward Curtin here.

When he was in prison in Germany after returning in 1939 from Union Theological Seminary in NYC to oppose Hitler, the German theologian Dietrich Bonhoeffer wrote the following from his prison cell before he was executed:

Against stupidity we have no defense. Neither protests nor force can touch it. Reasoning is of no use. Facts that contradict personal prejudices can simply be disbelieved — indeed, the fool can counter by criticizing them, and if they are undeniable, they can just be pushed aside as trivial exceptions. So the fool, as distinct from the scoundrel, is completely self-satisfied. In fact, they can easily become dangerous, as it does not take much to make them aggressive. For that reason, greater caution is called for than with a malicious one. Never again will we try to persuade the stupid person with reasons, for it is senseless and dangerous.

By stupid he did not mean that such people lacked intellectual ability, for they were often very smart, but that they had fallen under the spell of public power and lost all independence of mind.

Thus he adds, “He is under a spell, blinded, misused, and abused in his very being. Having thus become a mindless tool, the stupid person will also be capable of any evil and at the same time incapable of seeing that it is evil.”
edit on 13 12 2021 by myselfaswell because: this is my last week of not being segregated by medical apartheid.

posted on Dec, 13 2021 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Reminds me of an incident a gazillion years ago when I was working shock trauma.

We had a new patient that came into the unit in shock. I instructed a new hire to place an IV. She panicked and was frantically searching for something.

I told her we needed a line now. She told me she could not find an alcohol pad. I wanted to laugh. I told her to forget about the alcohol pad. First things first. I told her treating the patient for a possible infection would be a blessing, as it would mean we were able to keep him alive.

I don't think anyone will give a damn about COVID, before, during, or after you have been hit with a F5 tornado.

Another reason it is obvious we don't have the sharpest knives in the drawer, when we are dealing with representatives of the establishment, and those propaganda pushing alphabet agencies.

edit on 13-12-2021 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2021 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: myselfaswell

... Having thus become a mindless tool, the stupid person will also be capable of any evil and at the same time incapable of seeing that it is evil.”

And this is why it won't be too difficult to do 'the right' thing when this trouble finally arrives.
What seems impossible in my mind for ever happening in our lifetime, will probably start happening next week.

Every day that goes by the masses are becoming exponentially more brainwashed and depraved. Danger exists now that you would have never thought you would need to think about.

The greatest psy-op in the history of the world. Well, whatever happened about 26,000 years ago was also probably a pretty spectacular bending of the truth as well. Very few survived that shift either.

posted on Dec, 13 2021 @ 05:18 PM
link   
And if I should be in a disaster, and my ID and my phone and laptop are lost?

From the chopper: "Can you prove you were vaxxed"?
Me, spluttering in the waves: "Sure, my whole house just got swept away, you want to see kitty's sterilization card too"?
There goes the chopper.

Makes you think - wouldn't some type of implanted chip be much more convenient?
Then if you lied they can always throw you back into the tumultuous torrents.

edit on 13-12-2021 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2021 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Also bring cash to fight the tornado when you check into the protection & healing facilities.

a reply to: halfoldman
Or you get to travel in a drag net suspended under it, together with the other dirty heathens.

posted on Dec, 13 2021 @ 05:50 PM
link   

They had the same thing, or at least very similar, on the NWS Hurricane preparedness website and check list. Yeah, it's nonsense, but they're probably forced to include it as some form of liability coverage moreso than anything else.

If you shelter in a communal setting, get the China Virus from it, you can't go back and sue the agency for them telling you to stay there, which caused you to get the illness. Now they have their butt covered, saying, 'Well, we told you to get jabbed! Not our fault,' then they stroll off into the sunset whistling Dixie.

posted on Dec, 13 2021 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

Thanks.
A short but great read.

posted on Dec, 13 2021 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Why didn't they also just say, "Wear clean underwear in case you have to go to the hospital".

I mean, the first thing I always do when I'm in a disaster area is make sure my undergarments are clean.

Priorities!

posted on Dec, 13 2021 @ 07:05 PM
link   
At this point of the story, I don't think I'd be willing to shelter with thousands of hypochondriac...

The savage outside world seems almost tame in comparison.

posted on Dec, 13 2021 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

By stupid he did not mean that such people lacked intellectual ability, for they were often very smart, but that they had fallen under the spell of public power and lost all independence of mind. Thus he adds, “He is under a spell, blinded, misused, and abused in his very being. Having thus become a mindless tool, the stupid person will also be capable of any evil and at the same time incapable of seeing that it is evil.”

I don't think the majority of people that are caught up in the spell are stupid at all. No more than a person that is assaulted and does not fight back is not acquiescing.

Fight is only one of the three Fs that kick in when the primordial response for survival is activated. Flight and Freeze occur just as often.

The crazy thing about a primordial response to fear, is that you never know in advance how it is going to hit you.

Too often people are ashamed when they feel fear, especially if they made a choice that they did not want to make, or when they know they have made a bad choice, even if they think it was for a good reason.

People will tell any story to themselves and to others, to cope with those things they feel are outside of their control.

Fearful, compliant, duplicitous, confused, even deceived, may be better descriptions than stupid. The spell does render them blind, and they may lose the ability for rational thought, or processing data, especially when it is presented in overwhelming amounts and is conflicting. Most will be misled, misused, and abused, in some way, that they may never believe or realize what has happened.

Becoming a mindless tool is often a coping strategy, much like amnesia, blackouts, and addictions.

We all have fallen victim to clever lies, propaganda, and hoaxes at some time in our lives, if we have lived long enough.

They fooled us once, the shame is on them. If we allow us self to be duped again, the blame falls squarely on us.

<<   2 >>

join