It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did you do a RAoK today, or recently

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2021 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Completely agree.
It’s rare I ever carry cash for one.
For 2, the ppl begging with signs at intersections in my city are often strategically close to the liquor store.
They get the $20 in change they needed and head right on over to buy some booze.

But when someone’s outside a store asking for change because they are hungry, I always ask if they want me to buy them something to eat.

posted on Dec, 12 2021 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Dp
edit on 12-12-2021 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2021 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82
a reply to: network dude

Thanks bro!
I’m happy you said that about my daughter, because setting an example for my kids and being the best person I can be, everyday, is exactly what I’m hoping to achieve, Helping others and giving back.

This Christmas morning, we’re going to the local old aged home, and giving gift bags to the elderly that have no one on Christmas. My company set it up and paid for everything.
But we get to be the lucky ones to hand the stuff out.

I'm jelly. That would be an amazing Christmas morning. And the feeling your daughter will get giving and seeing the joy from an unsuspecting soul will far outweigh any shiny trinket she could ever get. I hope you take pictures of the smiles. maybe something like this could go viral and prompt much more of the same.

posted on Dec, 12 2021 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

We raised around $30,000 to help the community for Christmas.
With that we sponsored 15 low income families and bought their presents and enough food for the holidays.
Then bought enough stuff to fill needed items in gift baskets for I think, 30 elderly.

The local news might do a report on it because my company is a major employer in the area.
But I don’t even have a cell phone to take any snaps.
If the news covers it, I’ll post it though.

posted on Dec, 12 2021 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82

Completely agree.
It’s rare I ever carry cash for one.
For 2, the ppl begging with signs at intersections in my city are often strategically close to the liquor store.
They get the $20 in change they needed and head right on over to buy some booze.

But when someone’s outside a store asking for change because they are hungry, I always ask if they want me to buy them something to eat.

That is a good policy, if you give them something to eat, you know they are at least getting fed with the money. They will also take money they get and go inside and get alcohol at a store, most supermarkets here have alcohol.

Maybe getting some three dollar gift cards for BK would be a good idea where they hang out in Marquette near Meijers. There are dollar specials there, a small chicken sandwich or bacon cheeseburger and fries and a small coke are all a buck plus tax. The wife and I will go there occasionally after going to the stores and get three of the buck sandwiches and an order of fries for our lunch. It costs four twenty four, she usually takes a bottle of coke along when we head to town.

posted on Dec, 12 2021 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Yeah, handing out $3 gift cards is a great idea. And like you said, you know they are at least eating with that money.

posted on Dec, 12 2021 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

A local beggar threw his Mcd's coffee back at a woman. he clearly wanted his fix.

posted on Dec, 12 2021 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: infiniteMeow

Jesus!
Or maybe he got sick of McDonalds screwing up his double double lol

posted on Dec, 25 2021 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Time to head to the old folks home!
I hope you all have a great Christmas

posted on Dec, 25 2021 @ 10:17 AM
link   
That was hard. But wonderful seeing how happy the residents there were to get surprised with presents and even Santa Clause himself! One of my coworkers dressed up as him and had his wife and daughter with fake antlers on as his reindeer lol.
It was nice getting to hear some of their stories and talking with them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join