It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sorry Shoplifters Stores Going Virtual

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: JAGStorm

No more popin tags?

That is only at the thrift shop down the road...

hehe

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 02:08 PM
link   

I predict future shoplifters will be kids armed with some kind of jamming gun to shut down amazon drones.
Drone delivery is about to kick off in a big way-lots of companies working on it not just amazon.

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 02:09 PM
link   

I called stores moving from physical to online stores in your thread 2 weeks ago.

I've never enjoyed going to a store to shop and have done much of my shopping online for years. I really only go inside a store when I need something right away or want something from a convenience store. I'd be interested in having stores sending salespeople to my house with merchandise, but not unsolicited.

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan

I called stores moving from physical to online stores in your thread 2 weeks ago.

I've never enjoyed going to a store to shop and have done much of my shopping online for years. I really only go inside a store when I need something right away or want something from a convenience store. I'd be interested in having stores sending salespeople to my house with merchandise, but not unsolicited.

I enjoy online shopping and I’ll probably enjoy virtual shopping too, but I don’t want it to be the only means of shopping. I guess that is hypocritical of me.

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Can't wait to buy my Cashmere cotton cricket sweater for $398.00. Hold me back, I can't resist.

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: karl 12

Finally, this idea has been entertained by a lot of ATS members in the threads about that topic.

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: panoz77

Can't wait to buy my Cashmere cotton cricket sweater for $398.00. Hold me back, I can't resist.

I’m not into name brands or designer stuff. I will say this, the few items I have of RL has withstood the test of time. Some of their pieces are so well made and classic that your children could wear them after you, and still look amazing.

I had a very expensive RL cashmere sweater. It was accidentally put in the donate pile. My daughter asked if she could use that pile for crafts/practice sewing. She shredded it, gasp! I didn’t get mad at her, it was my fault. It does make you realize it’s only cloth!

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 02:46 PM
link   

I would also regret not having the choice of going to a physical store. There are times when I need something right away and same day delivery is not currently available to me and likely never will be.

Ordering my groceries online has saved me a lot of money and also cut down on my food waste. I'm the kind of person who walks through a grocery store and grabs things not on the list just because I see them. When ordering groceries online, I am able to stick to the list and not buy things that I really don't need. 

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 03:26 PM
link   
30 years ago I envisioned driving up to a window at a grocery store where products were listed much as you see in a snack machine. you push the button on the one you want, then move on to the next item. When done, insert your card, then move to the loading area to await your purchases.

Bo matter the reasons- which are many- mom and pop stores and small businesses are floundering. Big box stores are acquiring small companies on pennies for the dollar. That will leave a monopoly of only mega corporations to control all products and prices.

The lives of many are in the hands of a few can't be a good thing, considering the past corruption of our overlords.

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Online shopping's a blessing since the illegal covid lockdown kicked in. Nice biz for the global vendors to invest in.

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Or...
...hold thieves and robbers responsible again. Don't allow a minimum amount to be stolen without consequences.
Allow security to whack them ove...I mean detain them until police arrives.
Give harsh sentences for organised robbery.
Kind of like it used to be before it became lucrative because of all the leniency.

Or would that be racist?

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I don't know where the store it, but, a store owner made every item in his store $951 dollars so any theft can be prosecuted. There are coupons at the register that return the items to their normal price for sale to paying customers.

This guy is my hero of the week.

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 05:51 PM
link   
With all the layoffs of cops, security companies are now able to get fully trained armed guards without having to train them.

I have an idea of rigging doors with high voltage power where a store employee can hit a button and charge the door with 100,000 volts that would drop a shoplifter like getting hit with a taser.

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: MountainLaurel

Bingo! Looting/organized shoplifting is encouraged in blue states , says enough.

posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 01:27 PM
link   

vm.tiktok.com...

This is the future of the US

Just like I was saying previously, HOA’s with their own schools and shops “mini cities” that are exclusive, while everyone else rots.

posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Not me, I like to touch what i'm buying. Inspect it as bet I can, try on stuff, cause not all MFG's 32's fit the same way. don't want to have to mess with sending it back, getting authorizations for returns, or boxing it back up.

Now I have and do buy stuff on line that I use time and time again, or something I can't find local. but even then there's the chance of damaged in shipping, or some other reason that you have to return it.

My neighbor buys quite a lot of stuff on line, there's constant stream of UPS, Fedex, and USPS pulling to his yard, about 30 to 40 percent of the time they go up to his house empty handed, and come back carrying boxes.

I hardly ever have to carry any thing back to a brick and brick and mortar store.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join