It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sorry Shoplifters Stores Going Virtual

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 12:25 PM
link   
ralphlaurenvirtualstores.com... tore&gclid=CjwKCAiA78aNBhAlEiwA7B76p8ZgRPeCWTFOJT6ZsRdg7ykEbVGphrm26yZpQJxOyoNfQNLXRhCP5hoCOzYQAvD_BwE&gclaw.ds#/

I got this link today, and to be honest I think it’s kinda cool. Am I being sucked into the Metaverse? I wonder if in the future if you buy these items does your avatar get to wear the brand names there or something.

Back to shoplifters. Wow, I just posted some stuff like two weeks ago. I know where we are going. It’s going to be a combinations of things. It’s really history repeating itself. We will be able to shop in the following manner in the future, just watch.

-Virtual Shopping. Just an enhanced version of online shopping
-Smaller stores within HOA like enclaves
-Stores coming to you. This nods back to history when the rich would shop from their own home. Clothing, Jewelry and such would be peddled to buyers at their house.

If there are any “normal” stores let I bet they will require some kind of biometrics in order for you to even enter.

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Virtual shopping seems a truly miserable experience.

To replace original shoplifting, shoplifters should organise mass looting of Amazon warehouses and then claim shoplifting as a defence. It’s essentially the same thing.

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
Virtual shopping seems a truly miserable experience.

To replace original shoplifting, shoplifters should organise mass looting of Amazon warehouses and then claim shoplifting as a defence. It’s essentially the same thing.

My guess is that theft in the future will be done two ways
Physical theft during delivery

I think warehouses are pretty secure.

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

No more popin tags?

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Maybe that’s the plan to once and for all get rid of those pesky brick and mortar stores ? Between Covid and looters it gives the perfect excuse to eliminate them and transition to virtual shopping. Instead of telling now obsolete employees they’re being fired because the old business model doesn’t make sense financially anymore with all the liabilities that it requires to run them, they get a “soft out”, plausible deniability ?

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 12:41 PM
link   
It's like an electronic Sears catalogue, not like GTA where you use an avatar to walk around a virtual building and try stuff on before you buy it. There's some apps for that, or I've seen commercials for apps that claim to work like that, but this isn't it.

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
It's like an electronic Sears catalogue, not like GTA where you use an avatar to walk around a virtual building and try stuff on before you buy it. There's some apps for that, or I've seen commercials for apps that claim to work like that, but this isn't it.

I think they are doing this in steps.

Online shopping
Virtual Shopping
Interactive shopping (what you are describing)
Completely immersive shopping where you are basically a blob of a person and just exist online.

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Yep. And based on your social credit score vaccine passport, the prices you receive will be different than the prices other see.
Also, the items you see and are able to browse through, will be available based on you passport score.

Basically, if you're super woke and out about it, and up to date with your bi-monthly jabs, you will be able to select from a vast selection of products with lower prices and quicker delivery.

Let's say you just spent a lot of money loading up on food for a month and extra stuff. They say it is on the way and will be there in two days. Then that night your current vax status lapses, or perhaps you yell at the TV while watching the news. Maybe you wrote in in your diary that you think Covid is a scam and Fauci is a monster. Well, the sniffers will pick up on this. They will even hear your pen or pencil strokes and interpret the message. Either way, you'll soon get an email letting you know that your delivery is being held until you clear up your low points issue on your passport.

edit on 9-12-2021 by EmmanuelGoldstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

Those of us that have been around for a few swirls know how dangerous all online assets and delivery is.

It is too CONTROLLABLE!

I also wonder if that will be a way to control how much a person can accumulate.
Rationing has been used since the beginning of time to control people.

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Let's say you just spent a lot of money loading up on food for a month and extra stuff.

Ordering a month's worth of food will be considered 'suspicious' and trigger an alarm. You'll be labeled a survivalist\prepper\doomsdayer\militia-type person!

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

Ordering a month's worth of food will be considered 'suspicious' and trigger an alarm. You'll be labeled a survivalistprepperdoomsdayermilitia-type person!

Shopping list
Duct tape
Ammonia
Zip Ties
Bleach
Extra Strength Garbage Bags

Guess that wouldn’t look good!

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Oh just wait until they also do a complain and star rating function.

Your neighbor dislikes your sock and sandal style?

Prediction:
In the future we will have one device, not just an ID, a passport, a covid passport and a phone, all integrated into one. A closed system, starting with the advent of augmented humanity.

The point were the people that are already augmented, just like the vaccines now, start to scream and demand for solutions because of their personal hardware security.

Then after that, we will get a government issued pager like device that stores our IDs, credit score, health ID, licences and also acts as a communication device. Not for survailance (sarc), to warn us in time about the newest covid related restrictions. Omitting the device from sending and receiving will be punishable under law.

Has to be on you, because there will be an older law, ushered in a few years ago, that you need have your ID with you all the time. And you will, because it's also your phone, wallet and social security.

Then we can finally evolve to technologies like neuralink and decide what capabilities a human really can have. Read the UK and BW paper about augmented humanity and it's clear as PRISM what the next decade will lead up to.

Die Gedanken sind dann nicht mehr frei.
Thoughts are not free anymore then.
edit on 9.12.2021 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: sarc

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Don't know if this is true but it's a pretty funny way to deter shoplifting these days.

Vid

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: karl 12

Don't know if this is true but it's a pretty funny way to deter shoplifting these days.

Vid

That is freaking AWESOME HILARIOUS and downright BRILLIANT!!!
F the System!

edit on 9-12-2021 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Cool.

But...all those virtual stairs....exhausting !....They really need to add virtual elevators.....

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: M5xaz

Cool.

But...all those virtual stairs....exhausting !....They really need to add virtual elevators.....

I thought that was funny too! Here’s what’s weird too, when I first went into the store it took me into the ladies section. When I posted it on here and then clicked it took me to the mens section!

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Completely immersive shopping where you are basically a blob of a person and just exist online.

Yes! So much stored potential.

Some things are great to not have to deal with travel to brick & Morter stores. But my issue is with Clothing. You can't replace trying on a pair of pants and getting the fit just right for wearing.

edit on 9-12-2021 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Well, the shoplifters will have to get renamed to porch bandits.

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Well, the shoplifters will have to get renamed to porch bandits.

Oh they are already working on it, they are making delivery lockers and porch boxes just for that.
Maybe in the future there will be a door on your rood where drones deposit the goods.

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: karl 12

Vid

Yes I saw this earlier. Great if you use the Coupons... but what's the point if individuals are going to rob you anyway. But tacking on that pricey bit for a soda just made it Grand Theft Larceny on the account of a $1 item.

Funny and smart

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join